The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What If Burrows Never Scored In Game 7 Ot Vs Chicago 2011?

nuckin_futz

What if Henrik score in game 4 of the finals?

What if Luongo could pulled out another outstanding performance in game 7?

What if Rome didnt hit Horton?

What if Hamhuis didnt hit Lucic?

What if AV actually pulled Luongo in game 3?

What if our PP actually worked?

What if the calls were fair?

What if Canucks vs Tampa Bay instead of Boston?

Lots of What ifs.

hmm well, we probably would have lost. Reporters/fans would have been on the teams ass for the next 6 months. Fans would continue being optimistic about the future, but of course we would end up losing in the first round again in 2012. At that point, fans would be mentally broken. core players such as kesler and edler would be traded. ticket sales and prices for the 2012-2013 season would drop substantially as fans start giving up on the team because they've been accustomed to failure.

But hey thank goodness burrows scored right!

You can't judge who is the better team in the playoffs by how lopsided the goal scoring is. I remember watching that entire series and i clearly remember the Canucks being the better team in at least 5 out of 7 games, sure they lost a few games but overall they were the better team.

All teams in the playoffs are hard to beat, they're there for a reason, just because a team has the edge over their opponent does not mean they will blow them outa the water by 4 or 5 goals. In the regular season that may be more common, but in the playoffs? Get real.

The Canucks did not necessarily dominate the Hawks, after all it went to 7 games. But the Canucks were the better team and i can say that pretty confidently. They were more physical, they had better goaltending, they had better puck possession and better scoring chances overall. Those stats in my opinion, carry much more weight when judging who the better team is rather than simply scoring goals (which the Canucks also had the edge obviously i might add). Especially when, like i said, in the playoffs not many teams get blown out.

Archived