The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tampa - Van (Lu)

To Tampa:

Luongo

Rights to Raymond**

To Vancouver:

37th, 40th, 50th, 53rd** picks

** These are only included in deal if Florida elects to give its 2nd round choice to Tampa this year.

Why Vancouver does this:

- Cap space

- Go into draft with 6 top 60 picks to either use to find a few gems (good scouting team) or use as trade bait.

- Get a pick for a contract that wasn't working in the system but would work well somewhere else.

- Luongo gets to go to a team near his family helping Vancouver's PR reputation

Why TB does this:

- Get franchise goalie

-Improve 26th-rated penalty kill with a young forward who also has good potential offense

-keep both top 20 picks in draft.

The 10th overall plus Connelly for Lui and say Raymond would be a win-win for both teams.

Been salivating for a while now at the prospect of icing a kid line of Kassian - Jensen - Connelly next season.

I never see Malone's name in proposals anymore. I'm not totally sold on Connolly and I don't discuss draft picks often in trades because they are both insignificant past the 1st round and can swing in either direction. The way I see it there's 4 players we can target on TB in a straight up trade of players, NO draft picks.

-Lacavalier (Similar big contract to Luongo's)

-Purcell (seems like a Burrows-esque player)

-Malone (Big,power-forward who can score)

-Connolly (unproven, RW who can score,dangle and has size but might not make his potential)

eriksson, bergeron, weber, carle, backes, bolland, fransson, bickell, booth, krecji, neal, vlasic, raymond, stastny, lucic, seabrook, mcbain, subban, spalling, simmonds, galiardi...

Archived