The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Former Canucks Left In Playoffs

Wonderine

A few of us were talking tonight after seeing Johan Hedberg on the Devils bench. Which former Canucks player is most deserving of the Cup. Who would you chose and why? I believe Adrian Aucoin, due to all of the great years he gave us, is a close second to Willie Mitchell is a close second.

Of the 8 left who would you chose.

Jason Labarbera / Alexandre Bolduc / Raffi Torres*** / Adrian Aucoin / Taylor Pyatt

Willie Mitchell

Johan Hedberg / Steve Bernier

*** suspension

:canucks:

Always will have a soft spot for Willie.

Steve Bernier is playing lights out on the NJD 4th line. Playing the body, has his head up to make passes and the coaching has his line out at critical times. Being sent to the minors would wake up any NHL player so maybe that did it for him. If it was coaching then obviously Van coaching wasn't able to make him effective. He is a big +200 pound winger who, surprisingly enough, Van covets. My concern about Van coaching not being able to use Bernier also segways into Mitchell leaving. I could agree with MG not gambling a multi-year contract on Willie. However his body language at the end seemed to indicate he was not on the same page as the coaching as far as d-zone coverages.

Most deserving of a Cup? Willie and Aucoin AINEC.

Who do I want to see win it? Steve Bernier. The guy took a lot of heat while he was here for no particular reason. He just wasn't good enough to play in the top 6. He's a great 3rd/4th line guy though who can play the body. He was also fantastic for us in all of our playoff years.

Archived