The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

In A Perfect World (Not Dreaming Too Much) Our 4 Lines 2012 2013 Season

Next year in a perfect world it would look something like this:

1. Sedins and Jensen

2. Kassian, Kesler (whoever we get from our goalie trade or Booth comes back a better player)

3. Burrows, Lappiere and Higgins

4. (new guy with grit and heart) Malhotra and Hansen

I'm banking on Jensen's size, scoring ability and is ready for the big show.

Kassian is what MG expected him to be (a bad ass) with Kesler healthy and scoring again with either a setup guy on the wing or a new and improved Booth.

I liked how Burrows played with Lappiere last year and Higgins would be great with these guys. This line can score, forecheck and get people off there games.

Malhotra will come back to form like he played 2 years ago with Hansen and a grinder with speed.

That would give us 4 pretty darn good lines if it all works out.

Next year in a perfect world it would look something like this:

1. Sedins and Jensen

2. Kassian, Kesler (whoever we get from our goalie trade or Booth comes back a better player)

3. Burrows, Lappiere and Higgins

4. (new guy with grit and heart) Malhotra and Hansen

I'm banking on Jensen's size, scoring ability and is ready for the big show.

Kassian is what MG expected him to be (a bad ass) with Kesler healthy and scoring again with either a setup guy on the wing or a new and improved Booth.

I liked how Burrows played with Lappiere last year and Higgins would be great with these guys. This line can score, forecheck and get people off there games.

Malhotra will come back to form like he played 2 years ago with Hansen and a grinder with speed.

That would give us 4 pretty darn good lines if it all works out.

Not toatally bad, I've seen much worse.

I like Jensen, and I don't think promoting would be the worst idea. There have been a number of good 19-20 year olds to come along and he has the potential to be one of them. He has good size, and while he isn't the narley in your face hitter, he has good enough size to protect himself and the puck.

Kassian needs to have the kesler summer of 2 years ago, shoot 100 pucks a day and run your ass off. Improved conditioning and a better shot will go a long way for him.

The big splash, or lack there of, will be how the goalie situation is settled. That will go a long way as to what will happen next season.

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Alex Burrows

Kristian Huselius - Ryan Kesler - David Booth

Chris Higgins - Paul Gaustad - Jannik Hansen

Brandon Prust - Maxim Lapierre - Zack Kassian

George Parros

Man, people must really hate Burrows. He's earned his first line status time and time again, and yet I see him busted down to the third line in almost every lineup people propose. This one takes the cake... put a rookie in his place?

Nothing against Jensen, but I don't see him being nearly as effective as Burrows is in that spot, no matter how much potential he might have. He might come into the NHL and make a bit of an impact, sure, but it won't be on the first line.

I like it. Hopefully we get a good top 6 forward or a top 2 d man in return for either goalie.

But one thing you have to understand is, Kassian is only 21 years old, he is not going to be an intimidating bad ass force at only 21 years of age, players around the league especially older experienced players won't even know who he is or let themselves be intimidated by such a young player in only his first full season.

Guys like Kassian take years to develop to their full value and become a mean tough player that players will fear, it won't happen next season trust me. If anything we can hope he puts up some points and using his size to drive to the net creating space etc. And in a few years time, once he combines that skill with being a tough fighting scoring machine, he is sure going to be fun to watch.

Why do people continue to show players on their wrong wing............as if it didn't matter.

Booth and Jensen are BOTH left wingers.

Kristian Huselius is under 180 lbs with no history of grit or pushback and not much as far as production goes either.

Paul Gaustad has grit but not much in the way of production.

Man, people must really hate Burrows. He's earned his first line status time and time again, and yet I see him busted down to the third line in almost every lineup people propose. This one takes the cake... put a rookie in his place?

Nothing against Jensen, but I don't see him being nearly as effective as Burrows is in that spot, no matter how much potential he might have. He might come into the NHL and make a bit of an impact, sure, but it won't be on the first line.

Well tell me this everybody. Who said the short, lanky, baby faced Jeff Skinner would crack the Canes lineup and win the rookie of the year??? Can people not underestimate Nicklas Jensen! Fine, he's just this Scandinavian 19 year-old to most people, but the truth is, he has great wheels, a great release on that will only get better over time, and he's 6'3 203lbs (http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=32422). You're barely going to find any young prospect with that kind of size, speed and skill, the kind of things that just can't be taught.

He's going to get a long hard look at training camp. I think most people forget he was one of the last cuts from training camp this recent season. He's a finesse player for a big guy, and can cycle the puck, something that would go great with the Sedins style of play. But if this kid can go into training camp with more muscle and learn to play more with a nose for the net, he'll be the biggest surprise coming out of camp.

You're right OP. Though I can't say I'm not really sure where Kassian would slot in next year. He's a big big BIG mean player who two has good speed and hands for his size, but I believe his conditioning is way under par up against most of our roster. He needs to work really hard this summer to get into shape, the young man's got a good work ethic, so I wouldn't worry too much.

I still think the AMEX line could be formed again as our second line, but could you imagine!?!?!..... a third line with (Burrows-Lapierre-Hansen)????? Could there be a more hard-working, speedier, agitating third line in the NHL than this one? These guys are great forecheckers (Hansen our most underrated one), they get in the other teams face, and they have the speed and the determination to shut down the other teams best players. IMAGINE!

People keep saying that Kassian is better off playing a full year with top minutes in the minors, rather than playing average minutes with the big boys. After playing exceptionally well in the AHL (point-per-game-average), he had a lot of adjusting to do moving from AHL to NHL then from coast to coast. One full year with one club will do wonders for him, he just has to work his ass off in the summer. Players like Wayne Simmonds (back in LA) and Sean Couturier are all gritty players who've started on the bottom six, spent some time with the big boys, and are developing into some of the league's better younger two-way players. Look what we did with Kesler! Hodgson was nothing close to being capable of playing as a fourth liner, but like Kesler, I think some time with the big boys will help Kassian one day become a great power forward in the NHL.

Of course these are only my ideas, but I'd love to see this:

Sedin-Sedin-Jensen

Higgins-Kesler(when healthy)-Booth

Burrows-Lapierre-Hansen

(Volpatti/Pinnizotto/Prust?)-Malhotra-Kassian

Use money to stock up our defense, get bigger:

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Ballard-Allen/GARRISON!

(assuming Salo doesn't return, but I hope he does.)

Then, Luongo or Schnieder? We'll have to wait this one out.

Cheers.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Archived