The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Henrik And Bieksa: The True Core

jonnycanuck46

While I am not basing anything on the following video, I found it intriguing to figure out who the "core" really is. While Daniel Sedin is a core player, I have come to the conclusion that these two guys define what we think of when we think "Canuck".

Henrik is obviously the better off-ice guy between him and Daniel, and he seems more optimistic. Bieksa seems to always provide a laugh, and is quietly relied upon to be the media guy and the main comedian. Not only that, but Kevin provides the leadership, grit and determination. Whenever there has been a line brawl or anything, Juice is always there and I always find myself cheering him on. There is so many reasons why these two are the core guys.

the next closest two are Daniel and Burrows, followed by Kesler, who has taken a huge hit this season due to a) productivity and B) his bad attitude coming to light.

All in all, Henrik and Bieksa are #1 and Daniel and Burrows are #1a.

hahaha bieksa. :lol:

sedins/burr/beast mode kes are the core of our team. Hammer is the core of our D. Hamhuis just covers up for all of Bieksa's nonsense. Oh yeah, the goalies too! If we didn't have Luongo, not many players would have wanted to sign here. With Luongo, he bailed this team out many times which allowed the sedins, kes and burrows time to mature without as much pressure on them. Instead, Luongo took all of the abuse. Hell, he still takes it.

hahaha bieksa. :lol:

sedins/burr/beast mode kes are the core of our team. Hammer is the core of our D. Hamhuis just covers up for all of Bieksa's nonsense. Oh yeah, the goalies too! If we didn't have Luongo, not many players would have wanted to sign here. With Luongo, he bailed this team out many times which allowed the sedins, kes and burrows time to mature without as much pressure on them. Instead, Luongo took all of the abuse. Hell, he still takes it.

Bieksa gets a lot of flak around here for not being the most solid defenseman, and Hamhuis has to cover his mistakes a lot. That's true.

But he has a lot of heart, he sticks up for his teammates, and he is probably one of the better offensive defensemen in the league (at least on the OFFENSE side of things)

People also fail to consider that he's been coached to take chances because of his offensive upside, which can turn ugly when there is a turnover. Still, he's told to take those chances at his discretion. Of course it's going to go wrong sometimes, which is why he is partnered with Hamhuis in the first place, because Hammer is a good enough defenseman to cover for him.

I dunno about him being CORE, but he's definitely not as bad as people make him out to be, and it certainly doesn't hurt that he is excellent in front of the camera. I'd rather watch an interview with Bieksa over anyone else in the league any day, because those canned responses everyone else gives are so tiresome.

I'm sorry, but you're sadly mistaken if you think Bieksa isn't a huge part of that dressing room. There is no doubt in my mind he is a leader and that everyone on this team listens when he speaks. He is a big part of our defense on the ice too, regardless of what you may think about him. There's a reason why the media always goes to Bieksa for his input, he's an intelligent guy and he's a really good teammate.

Bieksa is an ALPHA dude. That's what puts him at the core.

He is relaxed, confident, and genuine, because he would have realised this at an early age.

He would have been a leader in any walk of life. Much of his popularity comes from being the guy the fans would want as their best mate, their big brother, their boyfriend (if you're a female.....or maybe even for some guys) or husband.

These types also attract animosity from wannabes and people with a chip on their shoulder because they are envious of their popularity and strength of character. We are lucky to have him here I would say.

Lol johnycanuck needs to get out of his parents basement. You know Kesler has always been known as grumpy or cocky or wateva. Just ask the media. People like him for how he plays on ice his style not his attitude

This thread is about the leadership and core of this team not who the best top pairing D man is, in that regard i would put Hamhuis above Bieksa on the talent chart. But that doesn't mean Hamhuis is more respected than Bieksa in the dressing room, or that it makes him a bigger part of our core.

Archived