The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo Is More Important To The Vancouver Canucks Then Av.

pbcpanel

I agree but with reservations.

AV played a style similar to Phoenix, Dallas, and others while waiting for the GM to add talent.

Once the talent arrived, AV changed his style, all went ahead accordingly. Now the question is, has he used up all his credits? Everyone says the play offs are the real season and if judged by that, then AV has not succeeded. ( what is his record last 12 playoff games> 4 - 8 ?) I would like to suggest that just maybe it's an ideal time to bring back the Crow, Marc C. He plays up tempo, is emotional and perhaps this kind of raw emotion behind the bench is just what is needed at this time to kick certain players into line. ????

What's done is done. AV cut Lou's balls off after game 2. One word will describe this team if both Cory and Lou are here next season.... Circus..... Whether you consider it a mistake or not, he has to go for the betterment of the whole organization.

The original post had it right..4 or 5 shutouts then total flame outs.= no consistancy ! You can;t get very far winning 50% of your games in the playoffs. Lou folds under pressure, his stats drop in the playoffs. Cory has outplayed Lou at every turn.

Mike Smith, Lundquist, Quick have elevated their games and are still playing. Contrary to popular belief, Lou was not our best player in the first 2 games and Schneider was our best in last 3....the writing is on the wall...Schneider will become our starter , Lou, if still here, will ne the backup !

The original post had it right..4 or 5 shutouts then total flame outs.= no consistancy ! You can;t get very far winning 50% of your games in the playoffs. Lou folds under pressure, his stats drop in the playoffs. Cory has outplayed Lou at every turn.

Mike Smith, Lundquist, Quick have elevated their games and are still playing. Contrary to popular belief, Lou was not our best player in the first 2 games and Schneider was our best in last 3....the writing is on the wall...Schneider will become our starter , Lou, if still here, will ne the backup !

e

So Scotty Bowman couldn't win without Ken Dryden and Mike Vernon in Montreal and Detroit. Al Arbour wouldn't have had a dynasty without Billy Smith with the Islanders. Philly's Fred Shero wouldn't have his success without Bernie Parant. Quinn couldn't win Back to back Division titles and a berth to the '94 final without Mclean. Iron Mike wouldn't have a ring without Mike Richter in N.Y. .Do you think Crawford and Jacque Demer would have won the cup and the record they had without Patrick Roy in Colorado and Montreal respectively?. Where Florida's divsion titles and championships in a weak Southeast Division when they had Luongo? Every coach needs their goaltender to have some success to be successful.

hmm nothing good to say about this post... we haven't won a cup yet and in my mind we have the worst goalie in lu and the the worst coach ever... we will never win the cup with those two at the helm..... sorry just speaking the truth....

Luongo is the reason why AV have lasted so long with the Canucks no doubt. But the fact is that Luongo isn't the same goalie that he was in the 06/07 season. Luongo playoff meltdowns are wayy too alarming, although I would love to see AV go, the right choice is to have Luongo go and start fresh where he doesn't have to put up with the pressure in playing in Vancouver.

Your argument is so flawed it's almost funny.

Luongo's stats does NOT drop in the playoffs. In the regular season, his sv% is .919 and GAA is 2.52 over his career. In the playoffs, his sv% is .916 and his GAA is 2.53 over his career. so actually, the guy is INCREDIBLY consistent, given the fact that the "offensive powerhouse" Canucks average something like 2.2 GPG.

Oh yeah? Who was our best player in game 1 and 2 then? The team played like absolute GARBAGE in those games and Luongo was the only one playing okay considering his D wasn't defending. Then the team got their a$$es in gear and happened to play a defensively tight game that gave Schneider breathing room. Even the God's son Schneider made a dumb play that costed us the season (if you watch carefully on that game 5 OT goal, Schneider was out of position, which is a lapse of concentration).

"The writing is on the wall", huh? Well I don't know what writing you see but you're clearly hallucinating from whatever you're taking. Life is hard bro, give me some of that?

Your argument is so flawed it's almost funny.

Luongo's stats does NOT drop in the playoffs. In the regular season, his sv% is .919 and GAA is 2.52 over his career. In the playoffs, his sv% is .916 and his GAA is 2.53 over his career. so actually, the guy is INCREDIBLY consistent, given the fact that the "offensive powerhouse" Canucks average something like 2.2 GPG.

Oh yeah? Who was our best player in game 1 and 2 then? The team played like absolute GARBAGE in those games and Luongo was the only one playing okay considering his D wasn't defending. Then the team got their a$$es in gear and happened to play a defensively tight game that gave Schneider breathing room. Even the God's son Schneider made a dumb play that costed us the season (if you watch carefully on that game 5 OT goal, Schneider was out of position, which is a lapse of concentration).

"The writing is on the wall", huh? Well I don't know what writing you see but you're clearly hallucinating from whatever you're taking. Life is hard bro, give me some of that?

I think what the guy means is that when Luongo is on his A game he's one of the best in the entire league. However when he's having an off night quite frankly he's really bad.

So overall his numbers look very good but when you disect them a bit more you see that he's either red hot (which is still the vast majority of the time) or he's ice cold. He doesn't seem to have a lot of so-so nights, like other goalies do. I am sure a lot of Canuck fans wonder at the start of each playoff game which version of Roberto will show up.

Luongo has done many great things for the Canucks, but he is too inconsistent nowadays, and this hurts a team which has a philosophy of staying even keeled. The internal and external pressure Luongo has on him right now will significantly prevent him from playing to 100% of what he is capable of. A luongo playing here will not be as good as a Luongo playing in a fresh new market. I still think trading him is a good idea, but giving him away for a huge discount in return is not such a good idea.

I don't believe neither of them nor anyone on the team is that important here or not. It's just another player and when you look at L.A. and Phoenix with Quick and Smith, who picked one of them to be in the conference final? Lou reminds me of Curtis Joseph who had some great great seasons and spectacular playoffs... but never won much at the end of the day. But that doesn't make either of them lesser than others who have won the cup.

The same for coaching... Mike Babcock was just another coach who lost in the finals until Detroit hired him. What if Detroit had hired A.V. would everyone be talking about how good a coach AV is in Detroit and how we suck here with Mike Babcock if the Canucks hired him?

If AV is not our coach next year it is not because of how good he is. It will be because Montreal offered him a better job or longer contract or Canucks didn't offer enough.

Archived