The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dustin Brown Knee On Knee With Rosival

WOW! Another cheap shot by Dustin Brown that was not called by the refs (Just like the late late late late hit on Henrik Sedin) and cost Phoenix the series (It cost them the series because PHX would have had a PP when Penner scored). Brendan Shannahan better suspend that little grease ball. Thoughts?

Now, this is not necessarily my opinion, but the general consensus appears to be...

Boston Bruins = Dirty

Vancouver Canucks = Divers

Los Angeles Kings = Dirty + Divers

That would mean the Kings should be the new most hated team in the league? Does the media run with it?

Ron MacLean was adamant that it was incidental contact. I wonder what he would have said if that was Burrows instead of Brown.

Officiating was an embarrassment the entire game. Refs don't give Coyotes a power play after the kings knock it over the glass in overtime. Quite clear that the king knocked it over. Then, they call an offside on the kings when doughty was clearly still onside. I guess that's their mini makeup call? Ridiculous.

Close call, but I don't think it was suspension worthy, because the knee contact was more incidental. You can see from the replay that Brown led with the shoulder, not the knee. The problem was, it was after the whistle, and Brown made no effort to avoid the hit even after the whistle went, so it should have at least been a penalty for either interference or kneeing, with no suspension. The fact that the Kings scored right after adds insult to injury (literally).

I will say this, the refs were horrible that game, for both teams.

Intentional knee or not, late hit that results in a serious injury. It wasn't incidental contact because Rozsival is trying to get out of the way and Brown leans towards him to finish the hit.

There was another late hit that resulted in a serious injury last playoffs...it's up to the NHL now...

Archived