The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dustin Brown Knee On Knee With Rosival

LA was winning this series regardless, but that was still a dirty hit and Phoenix didn't deserve to lose on that nobody does. Late hit on an offside call, knee on knee and knocks the player out of the game...your move Shanny.

The thing that makes it bad is that it was after the whistle on the offside. And Brown makes no attempt to get out of the way, he actually sticks out his elbow and knee. Not sure about suspension, although after Hanzal and Prust it seems like the bar is pretty low. Definitely should've been a penalty. Phoenix has a right to be mad, for all the good it'll do them.

It's kind of weird watching what happened to the Canucks/Kesler last playoffs with the diving/dirty smears and bad-talking happening to another team. I want to have a sense of satisfaction because of how Brown and the Kings beat us, but it really just makes me mad all over again.

How can you post a clip of the incident in question and still misinterpret what happened..?

1:55, view from down ice, clearly shows the knee extended prior to contact, minimal contact with the shoulder as Brown missed his check. Obvious knee on knee hit.

I doubt there'll be a suspension, I'd be surprised if he got a game. Can't prove intent, and for whatever reason certain penalties rely on intent whilst others do not.

Doan took his hand and hung on to it while very firmly voicing his displeasure about that dirty hit. Brown wanted to keep skating on while Doan was still saying things in his direction. Hanzal said something to Brown as well, a few others did too, but I missed it. The commentators were shocked that anyone was shaking Brown's hand at all because of how difficult it must be. This was NBCSports by the way, so I don't know what it was like for CBC.

I think Brown had him lined up for a clean hit and Rozsival shifted to his right at the last moment when he saw him coming, leaving his leg dangling - and Brown wound up whiffing on most of his upper body - this was nothing resembling knee-hunting.

I love Henrik Sedin, I am a die hard Canucks fan, and I like the Phoenix Coyotes - but I think people are getting carried away making Brown out to be a dirty player, and not looking closely enough at this hit.

No suspension, and not even worth a minor penalty.

I think Brown is an extremely aggressive guy, but I don't consider him a dirty player - yes, he runs people over, but rarely crosses the line, and he plays a style of game that anyone in their right mind would want to see on their team - I love the way the guy plays the game, and would love to see him in a Canucks jersey.

actually - watching that a few more times, I wouldn't have been surprised if Rozsival got a left shoulder injury as a result of that hit (although he obviously was favouring his left leg) - as much of the impact looks like it was to his left shoulder as to his thigh (contact on the leg seems to be above the knee)

How can you post a clip of the incident in question and still misinterpret what happened..?

1:55, view from down ice, clearly shows the knee extended prior to contact, minimal contact with the shoulder as Brown missed his check. Obvious knee on knee hit.

I doubt there'll be a suspension, I'd be surprised if he got a game. Can't prove intent, and for whatever reason certain penalties rely on intent whilst others do not.

To the people complaining "late" hit get off a message board and start playing in the NHL then since you clearly have reaction timing far superior than any other player in the league.

To be honest this hit is worthy of a two minute penalty at most. It wasn't dirty or malicious, however it was reckless. But it did not cost the Coyotes the series games 1 and 2 did.

That hit isn't nearly as bad as Doan's hit on Lewis. Doan has looked foolish in this series losing his composure like that. It may have been a hit that is on the line but I don't see it as a major penalty or anything as such. Plus was Rozsival stretching to get onside? He had the puck and if it's late it is very close to the same time as the whistle.

That hit isn't nearly as bad as Doan's hit on Lewis. Doan has looked foolish in this series losing his composure like that. It may have been a hit that is on the line but I don't see it as a major penalty or anything as such. Plus was Rozsival stretching to get onside? He had the puck and if it's late it is very close to the same time as the whistle.

To the people complaining "late" hit get off a message board and start playing in the NHL then since you clearly have reaction timing far superior than any other player in the league.

To be honest this hit is worthy of a two minute penalty at most. It wasn't dirty or malicious, however it was reckless. But it did not cost the Coyotes the series games 1 and 2 did.

Archived