The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Alain Vigneault's Contract Extended By 2 Years

Strombone1

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! Finally, glad to see the best coach in franchise history sign an extension, but if he falters during the season i could see him being gone before the season is up.

It all depends on how the players react and if they don't play well for a long stretch I think his time will be up.

Not unexpected

Winningest coach in franchise history and led us all the way to game 7 of the Finals.

He also seems to have the respect of the team. The only thing I don't like about AV is his unwillingness to have players stand up for themselves when they get pushed around. He also is not very open to younger players getting their chance in the lineup but, by the sounds of MG's post playoffs presser, that might change next season.

Just because we had a tough year in the playoffs it doesn't mean the organization needs to be blown up. Good move on the re-signing IMO

What's this about AV not being good with younger players?

Cody's camp was proven to be a bunch of whiners, AV did a good job showcasing him and getting us a special young player in Kassian in return for a guy who wanted to leave.

AV showed he is willing to play the younger guys when they are responsible and ready for their roles, e.g. Tanev.

Good signing.

It will be the same term as Gillis'

Obviously Gillis and AV have discussed strategy going forward and came to an agreement. Likely we'll continue being a hybrid team that can adapt to all styles of hockey effectively, depending on player health.

Don't be shocked when Luongo isn't moved either. Cheers.

TOML

Cody's camp was proven to be a bunch of whiners, AV did a good job showcasing him and getting us a special young player in Kassian in return for a guy who wanted to leave.

AV showed he is willing to play the younger guys when they are responsible and ready for their roles, e.g. Tanev.

Good signing.

Good signing.

He needs to let the kids learn from their mistakes when they are playing on the team. Not one mistake and bench their ass to the pine. It is the regular season where you have to learn to put trust in your players and hope they are able to prove you wrong.

How many times have we heard the likes of players like Kesler say it's all about confidence? Crushing a kid's confidence after one mistake is not a great way to help build their confidence in being a better player.

Thank god!

I can understand some people wanting him gone, looking for a shake up/new face behind the bench, but you have to look at the bigger picture. Alain is one of the best coaches in the NHL that has lead this team to mulitple division championships, game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals, back to back president's trophys, the list goes on. Who did you guys have in mind of replacing him?

And if people actually belive that he "lost" the dressing room, I would bet a lot of money on the Sedin's or other members of our core going to Mike and telling him how they feel, and letting Mike know that it's time to move on. The boys wanted him back, if I remember correctly Kesler even said himself he wanted him back.

And if people actually belive that he "lost" the dressing room, I would bet a lot of money on the Sedin's or other members of our core going to Mike and telling him how they feel, and letting Mike know that it's time to move on. The boys wanted him back, if I remember correctly Kesler even said himself he wanted him back.

Great, we get to see this turkey ruin more of our young players and play favorites. I cant wait until he tries to "set an example" during a game in which we're either tied, or need a goal, and he benches our best players for 1 mistake and plays the hell out of our 3rd and 4th lines, thats our coach, what a winner.

We're not winning a cup for a long time, the time is now and they bring this moron back, what a waste of the job Gillis did putting a contender together, the coach singlehandedly ruins all of that.

With the right coach, we would have won a cup by now.

Archived