The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Alain Vigneault's Contract Extended By 2 Years

Strombone1

Uhh, yea we did. We were only third because again we had a weak division.

This logic baffles me. When we win, it's because of Luongo, when lose it's because of Luongo. When we win it's not beause of the coach, when we lose it's because of the coach.

There isn't a situation where you win because of a coach. So shut up about it. Do you ever hear people say, oh that was a great win, that was all the coaching tonight? No, you don't. Player play the game, not coaches.

You're just a whiney person.

Guest BuckFoston

Wonder how you lover feels that you cant decide what team to bat for?

:P:bigblush:

Honestly, its obvious that your just a critic here on CDC. I cant recall ever seeing you post anything other than cutting down other opinions. No surprise your not committed to the team, but thanx for coming along for the ride!

- We didn't have a crappy team in 07, we were 3rd in the conference and broke the franchise's record for most wins in a season. That wasn't due to AV been a great coach. Luongo had his best season that year, that ultimately won the Jack Adams for him.

- If it weren't for Burrows' late short handed goal, we could have went 9 games and that might have been AV's last straw.

- You say the Blackhawks were the better team, but imo, we matchup'd pretty even. We definately had the better goaltending, then the Hawks both years.

- Let's be honest, the only reason we were up 3-0 in the series, is because Chicago didn't have Bolland in the lineup for the first 3 games or else this would have been another early round exit against the Hawks.

- Injuries are no excuse, if Hamhuis wasn't able to play in the finals, why on earth would you put a raw rookie out there (Tanev) over an 5 yrs veteran (Ballard) in the most important game of the season? That's pretty bad coaching.

Great news. Love AV. Tired of all the mindlessly repeated comments from eople who wouldn't know the first thing about adapting strategy to different opponents claiming that AV can't coach in the playoffs...

If you don't backcheck..you don't play...that's been AV's philosophy....Schroeder has worked very hard on his defensive game..hopefully,he'll make the Canucks this year.

Well, actually I don't disappear when I'm wrong and have made a couple of smaller bets here with some members where I lost and admitted defeat. And AV is not even a betting matter, it's completely obvious what the result will be.

But as I said elsewhere, I think like a businessman about everything because I am one and if Canucks were a company and I was asked if we should trade with them, buy their stock, or put any money on them - I would have to say no. Will they win a Cup next year or any year that AV remains coach? From a business standpoint - no.

By the way, Sutter hasn't won any Cup yet, so if anyone here predicted that they would be wrong.

This team is now led by an afraid-to-change GM and an afraid-to-lose coach and it is done for the next 3 seasons.

MG's decision that Luongo would be the #1 goalie in the playoffs despite being outplayed by Schneider had cost the Canucks the first two games vs the Kings. MG will keep getting players that AV won't dress for games. Ballard, Hodgson, Shirokov, Kassian and Gragnani are all waste of cap space and time.

AV will preach again the False philosophy that his team will win many one goal games if it keeps playing its own game. That would mean there won't be any adjustment in Vancouver's game no matter what and Vancouver will slow down, stop shooting, passing, only to dump the puck to the corner once they have the lead which AV believes will be the game winning goal. This is the reason why Vancouver always played so well in the first period only to be outplayed and out scored in the second. The PP did not click since January and it is not going to work in the next 3 seasons for nothing is going to change including the neutral zone dropped passes and SH goals against. It won't be good news for young skilled prospects like Jensen, Kassian and Schroeder for they will be given limited chance and limited ice-time to play before all will be labelled defensively liabilities and get traded for some proven failed projects like Ballard and Booth. Hodgson and Grabner were the rare Vancouver fourth and third liners that did not carry a Minus rating playing for AV but somehow were called defense liabilities. Why is it Malhotra and Ryan Johnson are defense experts with this team with the huge Minuses they had is beyond me? Vancouver's 4th liner will again be badly beaten in the playoffs as AV only keeps players that have zero talents who only dump pucks to the corners on the 4th line. If you score a goal or put pucks on net playing on the 4th line, you will be in the press box next game. It did happen to Hansen, Grabner and Shirokov. Way to coach AV.

The only silver lining for the next season is that the Luongo sieve should be gone and the Canucks will have better goaltending, especially in the playoffs. This team and the local media whoever had said Luongo did play well vs the Kings are just dumb. You do not have a goalie that played well who gave up more than 3 goals a game at a .891 save percentage.

This team is now led by an afraid-to-change GM and an afraid-to-lose coach and it is done for the next 3 seasons.

MG's decision that Luongo would be the #1 goalie in the playoffs despite being outplayed by Schneider had cost the Canucks the first two games vs the Kings. MG will keep getting players that AV won't dress for games. Ballard, Hodgson, Shirokov, Kassian and Gragnani are all waste of cap space and time.

AV will preach again the False philosophy that his team will win many one goal games if it keeps playing its own game. That would mean there won't be any adjustment in Vancouver's game no matter what and Vancouver will slow down, stop shooting, passing, only to dump the puck to the corner once they have the lead which AV believes will be the game winning goal. This is the reason why Vancouver always played so well in the first period only to be outplayed and out scored in the second. The PP did not click since January and it is not going to work in the next 3 seasons for nothing is going to change including the neutral zone dropped passes and SH goals against. It won't be good news for young skilled prospects like Jensen, Kassian and Schroeder for they will be given limited chance and limited ice-time to play before all will be labelled defensively liabilities and get traded for some proven failed projects like Ballard and Booth. Hodgson and Grabner were the rare Vancouver fourth and third liners that did not carry a Minus rating playing for AV but somehow were called defense liabilities. Why is it Malhotra and Ryan Johnson are defense experts with this team with the huge Minuses they had is beyond me? Vancouver's 4th liner will again be badly beaten in the playoffs as AV only keeps players that have zero talents who only dump pucks to the corners on the 4th line. If you score a goal or put pucks on net playing on the 4th line, you will be in the press box next game. It did happen to Hansen, Grabner and Shirokov. Way to coach AV.

The only silver lining for the next season is that the Luongo sieve should be gone and the Canucks will have better goaltending, especially in the playoffs. This team and the local media whoever had said Luongo did play well vs the Kings are just dumb. You do not have a goalie that played well who gave up more than 3 goals a game at a .891 save percentage.

Actually I do hear sometimes, that was a great win, because of the coach.

Coaches can motivate/tell his players to counter the opposition tactics during intermissions, that's how coaches can win a game for the team. So far, in the playoffs, we haven't seen AV do that.

Respectable response, thanks; but this is a Canuck forum. We're happy to debate what makes the team successful or not. But it's annoying to have flamers come here just to cut people down. I have never once heard an opinion from you that suggests how to make our team better.

Admittedly, you have cut down on being crude, calling people morons, or idiots which you used to do a lot; but your still not offering anything to the conversation.

I like watching Brodeur play as well, but do not cheer for him when he comes to town. I recomend HF forums!

Not committed to the team? I didn't know you could only be a fan of one team for the rest of your life. I am a hockey fan first, a Canucks fan second. I love the sport, I don't care who plays, if a game is on I will watch it. I don't stop watching when the teams I like get eliminated. If you are a Canuck fan first and a hockey fan second, that's your choice, but I love the game no matter who is in it. There are 30 teams in the league, Canucks are not the only good team there and they don't house all of the best players in the world. I have every right to enjoy watching the play of Giroux or Brodeur or Weber and be excited for their teams.

I have Canucks jerseys, I pay for the games, I go to the games and cheer plenty, I donate to the Children's hospital and any other fundraisers they have which is probably more than many here can or are willing to do. I also try to do it for the other teams I like. Don't know what more commitment you want from me or could ask for short of buying out the team.

Hmmm...he works well with our system? What is our system?

As you could see in our last half of the season and round 1 outing we have no solid "system" lol

"our guys" played so poorly in the PO's that we had to ask Daniel to come back and delay what most of us knew from the beginning. This team will not win the cup with this new core from gillis and especially with AV coaching.

My thoughts on the AV extension is that he will be a HUGE scapegoat for Gillis. If things do not progress as planned it will be Gillis jumping on AV right away to save his job for the bad trades and aquisitions

Well, actually I don't disappear when I'm wrong and have made a couple of smaller bets here with some members where I lost and admitted defeat. And AV is not even a betting matter, it's completely obvious what the result will be.

But as I said elsewhere, I think like a businessman about everything because I am one and if Canucks were a company and I was asked if we should trade with them, buy their stock, or put any money on them - I would have to say no. Will they win a Cup next year or any year that AV remains coach? From a business standpoint - no.

By the way, Sutter hasn't won any Cup yet, so if anyone here predicted that they would be wrong.

Archived