The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Alain Vigneault's Contract Extended By 2 Years

Strombone1

Personally, I'm not very happy with this, I think it will have a trickle-down effect to the rest of the team, starting with Luongo (he's probably gone). We can look forward to another 18 minutes/game of Raymond falling, Ballard being a healthy scratch, and letting the guys figure it out for themselves.

I don't think AV is the best coach available, or the one to guide the Canucks to winning the championship.

I was a proponent of parting ways with AV but I can live with this as long as Gillis has delivered a memo to him regarding changes that need to be made, specifically how young players are handled. Gillis, like the rest of us, is keen on some of these promising prospects making an impact in the NHL on ELC's but that can't happen if AV isn't cooperative and gives them a chance.

I know he's fond of Jensen so I can see Jensen getting a good shot in training camp. Schroeder also has to get a good, long look.

Not at all unexpected. Not what I would have wanted, but not a bad move at all. His numbers don't really lie.

I wish him and the Canucks great success in the coming years. I'm sure they will enjoy a few more good runs at the big prize. Hopefully they can take it all the way.

It will be the same term as Gillis'

Obviously Gillis and AV have discussed strategy going forward and came to an agreement. Likely we'll continue being a hybrid team that can adapt to all styles of hockey effectively, depending on player health.

Don't be shocked when Luongo isn't moved either. Cheers.

TOML

I don't have a problem with him coming back. Will be interesting to know the full terms of his deal.

I just wonder how short his leash is? If the team gets off to the usual October slow start how much rope does he have? You'd think much less than previous years considering the 1st round exit. Who would be available to replace him if it's needed in December. Then you're probably looking at MacTavish as any team in the market for a good coach will be doing their hiring this summer.

Great, we get to see this turkey ruin more of our young players and play favorites. I cant wait until he tries to "set an example" during a game in which we're either tied, or need a goal, and he benches our best players for 1 mistake and plays the hell out of our 3rd and 4th lines, thats our coach, what a winner.

We're not winning a cup for a long time, the time is now and they bring this moron back, what a waste of the job Gillis did putting a contender together, the coach singlehandedly ruins all of that.

With the right coach, we would have won a cup by now.

I like AV, but he needs to give rookies a chance.

I didn't like what happened with Shirokov. Especially the game where he scored a goal, and then after that gets sent down to the AHL.

CoHo played better than many Canucks on many occasions but was shut down to the 4th and 3rd lines. Although maybe the reason for that was AV didn't like the fact CH didn't want to be here.

Which young player is it that he has ruined?

I keep hearing this crap from other people about how he ruins our prospects. Kesler, Burrows and Bieksa would all like to say HELLO! Plenty of players have developed under AV and more will as well. Bringing prospects along slow and steady and teaching and expecting defensive accountability is what has made Detroit successful and we are wisely following that model.

Archived