299 replies to this topic

#151 Strombone1

Strombone1

GDT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

AV seems way too happy in this radio interview.

he just got an extension for 2 years with a cup contending team. i would be happy too!

Player of the Game - Wall of Fame
2013-14 GDT Registrations
Canucks Game Prediction Challenge

#152 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,841 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:35 PM

Sigh...you will be missed Schroeder :(
Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!!

#153 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,426 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

Well at least New Jersey is trying something different to win the game. Ottawa and Washington both tried to beat the Rangers at their own game, but one problem, they don't have Lundquist in the net.

As the old saying goes, the definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. So if injured shoulder Kesler hasn't scored in the last 10 games, giving him 22 mins a game isn't going to help him light it up.

Your point about Kesler kinda supports my point in that it's the players who ultimately have to score if they want to win.

We did not have Selke Kesler all last season, but we still won the President's trophy. Perhaps some adjustments by our coaching was involved with that. But maybe not. Maybe this team is good enough to do that with no help at all from their coach. Either way it doesn't matter. We lost in round one, people are going to be upset, and there will be scapegoats. Just not AV. Cheers.

TOML
Posted Image

#154 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,113 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

- We didn't have a crappy team in 07, we were 3rd in the conference and broke the franchise's record for most wins in a season. That wasn't due to AV been a great coach. Luongo had his best season that year, that ultimately won the Jack Adams for him.

- If it weren't for Burrows' late short handed goal, we could have went 9 games and that might have been AV's last straw.

- You say the Blackhawks were the better team, but imo, we matchup'd pretty even. We definately had the better goaltending, then the Hawks both years.

- Let's be honest, the only reason we were up 3-0 in the series, is because Chicago didn't have Bolland in the lineup for the first 3 games or else this would have been another early round exit against the Hawks.

- Injuries are no excuse, if Hamhuis wasn't able to play in the finals, why on earth would you put a raw rookie out there (Tanev) over an 5 yrs veteran (Ballard) in the most important game of the season? That's pretty bad coaching.

Regarding your last point: You either weren't watching. or were unable to understand what you were watching.

Generally the more experienced player will make less mistakes than the 5 year guy. Unfortunately, that was clearly not the case with Ballard and Tanev last year.

This year, Ballard greatly improved his play and was given more playing time in the postseason, something that a lot of people around here have somehow failed to notice, judging by all the "Rome favoritism" posts that still inhabit many threads around here.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#155 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,339 posts

- We didn't have a crappy team in 07, we were 3rd in the conference and broke the franchise's record for most wins in a season. That wasn't due to AV been a great coach. Luongo had his best season that year, that ultimately won the Jack Adams for him.

Uhh, yea we did. We were only third because again we had a weak division.

This logic baffles me. When we win, it's because of Luongo, when lose it's because of Luongo. When we win it's not beause of the coach, when we lose it's because of the coach.

There isn't a situation where you win because of a coach. So shut up about it. Do you ever hear people say, oh that was a great win, that was all the coaching tonight? No, you don't. Players play the game, not coaches.

You're just a whiney person.

Edited by DeNiro, 23 May 2012 - 03:41 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#156 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Ah yes, yet another of CDC's resident "Kreskins" sticking his neck waaaaayyyy out, predicting the demise of the Canucks for the next season. All so he can bring up this post and say "I told you so" in the event the Canucks are unable to win it all next season.

In the event that the team manages to beat the odds and triumph over the other 15 excellent hockey teams that make the postseason every year, he can just disappear and pretend that he never made the post.

What really makes me laugh are the half dozen or so clairvoyants who had the balls to come out after last season's loss and brag about how "right" they were.

If any of you coaching experts had come out and predicted a Darryl Sutter Cup win at the beginning of this season, then I'd be impressed.

Well, actually I don't disappear when I'm wrong and have made a couple of smaller bets here with some members where I lost and admitted defeat. And AV is not even a betting matter, it's completely obvious what the result will be.

But as I said elsewhere, I think like a businessman about everything because I am one and if Canucks were a company and I was asked if we should trade with them, buy their stock, or put any money on them - I would have to say no. Will they win a Cup next year or any year that AV remains coach? From a business standpoint - no.

By the way, Sutter hasn't won any Cup yet, so if anyone here predicted that they would be wrong.

#157 hockeyking

hockeyking

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

We said patiently for the 42nd time.

I don't know who is we but i will continue to say it as long as i live

#158 CaNuCk_in_NzL

CaNuCk_in_NzL

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

Another season of Raymond on the first line tripping over the red and blue lines. Don't get me wrong, it's a good decision to keep AV but hopefully he has learned from his mistakes.
Posted Image

#159 Strombone1

Strombone1

GDT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

If you have a link to the conference call, please post it so I can add it to the main page.

#160 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

- If it weren't for Burrows' late short handed goal, we could have went 9 games and that might have been AV's last straw.

- You say the Blackhawks were the better team, but imo, we matchup'd pretty even. We definately had the better goaltending, then the Hawks both years.

- Let's be honest, the only reason we were up 3-0 in the series, is because Chicago didn't have Bolland in the lineup for the first 3 games or else this would have been another early round exit against the Hawks.

- Injuries are no excuse, if Hamhuis wasn't able to play in the finals, why on earth would you put a raw rookie out there (Tanev) over an 5 yrs veteran (Ballard) in the most important game of the season? That's pretty bad coaching.

This year we had Hamhuis and still no Cup. But wait, this year Daniel was injured so that's why we don't have it. Next year it will be someone else. That's the thinking around here.

#161 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,876 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

Another season of Raymond on the first line tripping over the red and blue lines. Don't get me wrong, it's a good decision to keep AV but hopefully he has learned from his mistakes.

Raymond still has to be signed to play on our team and he's going to have to take a pay cut. I wouldn't mind Raymond @ 900K, easy to trade and easy to bench 900K.

#162 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,339 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

This year we had Hamhuis and still no Cup. But wait, this year Daniel was injured so that's why we don't have it. Next year it will be someone else. That's the thinking around here.

Posted Image

WAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! That's all I hear from you people that are complaining.

Posted Image

#163 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

Uhh, yea we did. We were only third because again we had a weak division.

This logic baffles me. When we win, it's because of Luongo, when lose it's because of Luongo. When we win it's not beause of the coach, when we lose it's because of the coach.

There isn't a situation where you win because of a coach. So shut up about it. Do you ever hear people say, oh that was a great win, that was all the coaching tonight? No, you don't. Player play the game, not coaches.

You're just a whiney person.

That year both Minnesota and Calgary were in the playoffs. Minny were only 1 point behind us and Calgary 8. So no, that wasn't a weak division.

Actually I do hear sometimes, that was a great win, because of the coach.

Coaches can motivate/tell his players to counter the opposition tactics during intermissions, that's how coaches can win a game for the team. So far, in the playoffs, we haven't seen AV do that.

Edited by shiznak, 23 May 2012 - 03:55 PM.

Posted Image

Made by the multiple personality of Twilight Sparkle.

#164 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

Wonder how you lover feels that you cant decide what team to bat for?

:P :bigblush:

Honestly, its obvious that your just a critic here on CDC. I cant recall ever seeing you post anything other than cutting down other opinions. No surprise your not committed to the team, but thanx for coming along for the ride!

Not committed to the team? I didn't know you could only be a fan of one team for the rest of your life. I am a hockey fan first, a Canucks fan second. I love the sport, I don't care who plays, if a game is on I will watch it. I don't stop watching when the teams I like get eliminated. If you are a Canuck fan first and a hockey fan second, that's your choice, but I love the game no matter who is in it. There are 30 teams in the league, Canucks are not the only good team there and they don't house all of the best players in the world. I have every right to enjoy watching the play of Giroux or Brodeur or Weber and be excited for their teams.

I have Canucks jerseys, I pay for the games, I go to the games and cheer plenty, I donate to the Children's hospital and any other fundraisers they have which is probably more than many here can or are willing to do. I also try to do it for the other teams I like. Don't know what more commitment you want from me or could ask for short of buying out the team.

#165 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,706 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

- Maybe you have a bad memory. We weren't even a one line team. We had no secondary scoring and a plug playing RW with the Sedins. Eventually Naslund, who was on a definite decline, was put with the Sedins but he really didn't fit their style. We had a decent D and a goalie. We were projected to miss the playoffs for the second straight year. AV changed the team from an offense first to a defense first team. We were an average at best team that played the solid defensive style AV put in place to squeak out wins.

- Win it's the team. Lose it's the coach. The team has had far more lengthy winning streaks than losing streaks. But that has nothing to do with coaching.

- You're a dreamer if you think we matched up well with Chicago. They had far better scoring depth and a better D. Despite us supposedly having the better goalie they really had Lou's number.

- Bolland certainly made a difference but so did Lou's alter ego: Mr Sieve.

- One injury or even two you should be able to overcome. But when FOUR of your top six forwards and ALL FOUR of your top four d-men are out or playing injured that's a mountain to overcome. Calling that many key injuries an excuse is just plain stupid. Yet they still made it to game seven.
Posted Image

#166 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,151 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

Great news. Love AV. Tired of all the mindlessly repeated comments from eople who wouldn't know the first thing about adapting strategy to different opponents claiming that AV can't coach in the playoffs...

If you don't backcheck..you don't play...that's been AV's philosophy....Schroeder has worked very hard on his defensive game..hopefully,he'll make the Canucks this year.

One of the things I love about AV. Nothing annoys me more than any player making a truckload of money not bothering to give a serious effort - every shift. If you don't backcheck, you don't belong in the NHL. It's that simple. A young player who plays the game as it is supposed to be played will get every opportunity with AV. People forget that to give more ice time to young players means to take it from veterans - which Canucks veterans aren't worth their ice time?

#167 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,113 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

Well, actually I don't disappear when I'm wrong and have made a couple of smaller bets here with some members where I lost and admitted defeat. And AV is not even a betting matter, it's completely obvious what the result will be.

But as I said elsewhere, I think like a businessman about everything because I am one and if Canucks were a company and I was asked if we should trade with them, buy their stock, or put any money on them - I would have to say no. Will they win a Cup next year or any year that AV remains coach? From a business standpoint - no.

By the way, Sutter hasn't won any Cup yet, so if anyone here predicted that they would be wrong.

Well the "businessman" who runs the Canucks disagrees with you.

If the team had bombed in the regular season, your "business" model might have some merit.

I'm not a businessman. I'm a hockey guy. I have been involved in one way or another in this game for the past 45 years. I wouldn't go out and put money on a Cup win next season, because I understand what a crapshoot the playoffs can be.

However, if someone wanted to bet me that the Canucks would not be in a good position going into the playoffs next year, I'd take that bet in a heartbeat.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#168 afan

afan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

This team is now led by an afraid-to-change GM and an afraid-to-lose coach and it is done for the next 3 seasons.

MG's decision that Luongo would be the #1 goalie in the playoffs despite being outplayed by Schneider had cost the Canucks the first two games vs the Kings. MG will keep getting players that AV won't dress for games. Ballard, Hodgson, Shirokov, Kassian and Gragnani are all waste of cap space and time.

AV will preach again the False philosophy that his team will win many one goal games if it keeps playing its own game. That would mean there won't be any adjustment in Vancouver's game no matter what and Vancouver will slow down, stop shooting, passing, only to dump the puck to the corner once they have the lead which AV believes will be the game winning goal. This is the reason why Vancouver always played so well in the first period only to be outplayed and out scored in the second. The PP did not click since January and it is not going to work in the next 3 seasons for nothing is going to change including the neutral zone dropped passes and SH goals against. It won't be good news for young skilled prospects like Jensen, Kassian and Schroeder for they will be given limited chance and limited ice-time to play before all will be labelled defensively liabilities and get traded for some proven failed projects like Ballard and Booth. Hodgson and Grabner were the rare Vancouver fourth and third liners that did not carry a Minus rating playing for AV but somehow were called defense liabilities. Why is it Malhotra and Ryan Johnson are defense experts with this team with the huge Minuses they had is beyond me? Vancouver's 4th liner will again be badly beaten in the playoffs as AV only keeps players that have zero talents who only dump pucks to the corners on the 4th line. If you score a goal or put pucks on net playing on the 4th line, you will be in the press box next game. It did happen to Hansen, Grabner and Shirokov. Way to coach AV.

The only silver lining for the next season is that the Luongo sieve should be gone and the Canucks will have better goaltending, especially in the playoffs. This team and the local media whoever had said Luongo did play well vs the Kings are just dumb. You do not have a goalie that played well who gave up more than 3 goals a game at a .891 save percentage.

#169 Strombone1

Strombone1

GDT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

This team is now led by an afraid-to-change GM and an afraid-to-lose coach and it is done for the next 3 seasons.

MG's decision that Luongo would be the #1 goalie in the playoffs despite being outplayed by Schneider had cost the Canucks the first two games vs the Kings. MG will keep getting players that AV won't dress for games. Ballard, Hodgson, Shirokov, Kassian and Gragnani are all waste of cap space and time.

AV will preach again the False philosophy that his team will win many one goal games if it keeps playing its own game. That would mean there won't be any adjustment in Vancouver's game no matter what and Vancouver will slow down, stop shooting, passing, only to dump the puck to the corner once they have the lead which AV believes will be the game winning goal. This is the reason why Vancouver always played so well in the first period only to be outplayed and out scored in the second. The PP did not click since January and it is not going to work in the next 3 seasons for nothing is going to change including the neutral zone dropped passes and SH goals against. It won't be good news for young skilled prospects like Jensen, Kassian and Schroeder for they will be given limited chance and limited ice-time to play before all will be labelled defensively liabilities and get traded for some proven failed projects like Ballard and Booth. Hodgson and Grabner were the rare Vancouver fourth and third liners that did not carry a Minus rating playing for AV but somehow were called defense liabilities. Why is it Malhotra and Ryan Johnson are defense experts with this team with the huge Minuses they had is beyond me? Vancouver's 4th liner will again be badly beaten in the playoffs as AV only keeps players that have zero talents who only dump pucks to the corners on the 4th line. If you score a goal or put pucks on net playing on the 4th line, you will be in the press box next game. It did happen to Hansen, Grabner and Shirokov. Way to coach AV.

The only silver lining for the next season is that the Luongo sieve should be gone and the Canucks will have better goaltending, especially in the playoffs. This team and the local media whoever had said Luongo did play well vs the Kings are just dumb. You do not have a goalie that played well who gave up more than 3 goals a game at a .891 save percentage.

we should have back to back cups a year after that if we're following Detroit's pattern then?!

Edited by Strombone1, 23 May 2012 - 04:01 PM.

#170 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

Sorry haters.

The good news is, there are plenty of high buildings and bridges in the lower mainland area....

Heya Rupert, you made the Province newspaper.

But i digress.

Very happy with the news. Ive said all ive ever wanted to say about AV. Because facts are awesome!

I will not even bother reading the stupidity of the AV naysayers. They all sound like the same dumbarse broken record. Whining and complaining about things they have no idea about.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#171 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,339 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

Actually I do hear sometimes, that was a great win, because of the coach.

Coaches can motivate/tell his players to counter the opposition tactics during intermissions, that's how coaches can win a game for the team. So far, in the playoffs, we haven't seen AV do that.

Sometimes, as in rarely ever.

99% of the time it's because either the goalie played amazing, the D played amazing, the checkers shut down top players, or the stars had great games. I've rarely ever heard the coach be the number one reason a team wins.

Because you get to see locker room speeches during intermission right? How do you know whether it's just the players among themselves deciding to play better or the coaches pumping them up? You don't, and you never will.

Edited by DeNiro, 23 May 2012 - 04:06 PM.

Posted Image

#172 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:05 PM

Why dont you just eff-off and cheer for another team, ya long winded douchebag? I mean it. You clearly do not like this team for reasons that make zero sense. So find another team. The Canucks have had faaaaaaar more problematic seasons before AV and Crow.

Seriously...you do not even know what you are talking about.

Posted Image

#173 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,772 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:05 PM

I hope MG does the right thing and gets rid of Raymond, loses Rome, and trades Ballard who is wasted by AV. I think AV can be a decent coach but would benefit from a more definite line-up.
There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#174 fwybwed

fwybwed

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

That is good news. He, like the players, is not perfect and has some things to work on but all in all he's a great coach who works well in our system and with our guys.

Hmmm...he works well with our system? What is our system?

As you could see in our last half of the season and round 1 outing we have no solid "system" lol

"our guys" played so poorly in the PO's that we had to ask Daniel to come back and delay what most of us knew from the beginning. This team will not win the cup with this new core from gillis and especially with AV coaching.

My thoughts on the AV extension is that he will be a HUGE scapegoat for Gillis. If things do not progress as planned it will be Gillis jumping on AV right away to save his job for the bad trades and aquisitions

#175 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,954 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

Respectable response, thanks; but this is a Canuck forum. We're happy to debate what makes the team successful or not. But it's annoying to have flamers come here just to cut people down. I have never once heard an opinion from you that suggests how to make our team better.

Admittedly, you have cut down on being crude, calling people morons, or idiots which you used to do a lot; but your still not offering anything to the conversation.

I like watching Brodeur play as well, but do not cheer for him when he comes to town. I recomend HF forums!

Not committed to the team? I didn't know you could only be a fan of one team for the rest of your life. I am a hockey fan first, a Canucks fan second. I love the sport, I don't care who plays, if a game is on I will watch it. I don't stop watching when the teams I like get eliminated. If you are a Canuck fan first and a hockey fan second, that's your choice, but I love the game no matter who is in it. There are 30 teams in the league, Canucks are not the only good team there and they don't house all of the best players in the world. I have every right to enjoy watching the play of Giroux or Brodeur or Weber and be excited for their teams.

I have Canucks jerseys, I pay for the games, I go to the games and cheer plenty, I donate to the Children's hospital and any other fundraisers they have which is probably more than many here can or are willing to do. I also try to do it for the other teams I like. Don't know what more commitment you want from me or could ask for short of buying out the team.

#176 smackyo23

smackyo23

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

Posted Image

#177 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,339 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

Hmmm...he works well with our system? What is our system?

As you could see in our last half of the season and round 1 outing we have no solid "system" lol

"our guys" played so poorly in the PO's that we had to ask Daniel to come back and delay what most of us knew from the beginning. This team will not win the cup with this new core from gillis and especially with AV coaching.

My thoughts on the AV extension is that he will be a HUGE scapegoat for Gillis. If things do not progress as planned it will be Gillis jumping on AV right away to save his job for the bad trades and aquisitions

If it's so hard to cheer for this team then don't. :lol:

Why are there so many masochistic people on here. Like it's so tormenting to follow this team, but they keep following anyways....

Posted Image

#178 soshified

soshified

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:16 PM

Realistically. Last year, we lost because we couldnt score. This year, we lost because we couldnt score.

Posted Image

#179 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

I ROFL'ed.

Id fire you in a second if you even dared compel shareholders with daft speculation.

Now with real business...you know like the Aquilini's owning the business of the Canuck's, it was a pretty darn good move to retain what has been putting $ in their pockets: AV/Gillis. Of course the reality is not that simple. You/we put $ in their pockets. If you do not support the business choices being made. You can always leave. Or wish for more of the Canucks past.

Have some cheese with that whine.

Posted Image

#180 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

Raymond still has to be signed to play on our team and he's going to have to take a pay cut. I wouldn't mind Raymond @ 900K, easy to trade and easy to bench 900K.

Sadly Raymond would need to be qualified at a higher salary than he had last year. Only way he comes back for lower is if he's not qualified and every other team has a crack at him and the Canucks are the only takers at your number.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.