Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

2012-13 Youth Movement ....just For The Start Of The Season, While Kesler Heals

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
61 replies to this topic

#31 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:14 AM

What is with people typing lines out with people in positions they dont play?

Its not it was simply listed by line arbitrarily, as the centers of the lines are all lined up.

Jensen plays LW normally. Hansen plays RW exclusively.

Salo is RD. Edler has always been RD.

Bieksa has always been RD. Hamhuis has always been RD. EVEN ON POWER PLAYS.

That being said, I really like Garisson at 4 million or less (although keeping Ballard wouldn't be all that bad, he plays well with tanev and seems to have come around... espescially is Garisson ends up being 4 million.) I hope Salo stays one more year and can play well enough/long enough for 2nd pairing D-man minutes.

We have enough depth to not have to sign Konopka, and we really dont need to spend 1.7 million on tootoo of all people. I'd rather spend the money on Pahlsson, hope Salo takes a minor paycut, and Garisson signs for something reasonable like 3 million.

If we signed pahlsson for 2 million, Salo for 2 million, and kept ballard (more reasonable than trading Ballard AND getting that exact defenseman back), and signing schnieder for 4 million and not signing TooToo or Konopka, we still end up below the CURRENT cap. With next years projected cap looking like it'll go up to 69 million~, even if it goes up half that, we'll still have room to play. And thats not including the difference in Kesler/Schroeder's salary while Kesler is out. That is assuming Schroeder gets sent down, and Jensen/Kassian stay up in the NHL.

Crispy
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#32 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:05 AM

Couple of reasons why I think we should give are prospects a chance to start the season with the team.

- Keslers replacement is not going to come via a trade or a free agent. Who ever steps up to help fill that void is going to have to be from within the organisation. Schroeder has the potential to be a 2nd line center, so why not give him a shot at it for the first month while Kesler is out.

-Kassian should not be playing in the AHL next season, hes NHL ready , hes big, can hit, and he can skate, playing in the NHL will help him develop his game better then the AHL.

-Jensen is the wild card, out of the forwards, hes the youngest out of the bunch, but hes the favorite to make it among NHL scouts. If the scouts believe hes are best prospect right now, I want too see what he's got.

-When it comes to defencemen , I think we should have Gragnani or Tanev alternating out the the bottom 2. With so many young guys starting at forward the Canucks are better off having more veterans playing D.

- One of AV's biggest criticisms is not giving prospects any playing time. With his new contract freshly signed maybe it will help get some critics off his back if he did let them start the first 15 games or so.

-The start of the season is the best time to be experimenting, it leaves room for them to catch up if there experiment doesn't go well. Besides teams like the Oilers and the Laughs are usually the best teams to start the season anyways. It usually takes teams about 3 months to settle down and figure each other out.

-The NHL is getting younger and younger, season after season, the Canucks are not following that trend. Now in days in the cap era, teams need young players with cheap contracts that are able to play at high levels. Hawks won that way , the Bruins too, and Philly was so stacked this year because of all there young guys low salaries(this offseason will be an interesting one for them).

- Who knows we may have the next Sean Couturier, Adam Henrique, or Carl Hagelin already in are system.

-All I'm saying is at least give are prospects a real chance to shine in the NHL during the first 15 games or so.

Here is a lineup i wouldn't mind seeing to start the season

or at least until the Luongo(maybe Schneider) trade happens and when Kesler comes back

- My main reason to let the kids play........ KEEP LUONGO AND SCHNEIDER..... 1 more year as a tandem, keeping them together gives us are best shot at winning Lord Stanley.....

-If not the whole season, keep both of them untill the goalie market really heats up, teams usually know they have goaltending issues when its closer to the all star break. Right now the market is kinda cold especially with Lu's limited no trade clause.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR ROSTER
My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) /-------- Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / ---------Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
David Booth ($4.250m) /-------- Jordan Schroeder ($1.025m) /--- Chris Higgins ($1.900m)
Jannik Hansen ($1.350m) / -----Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) /------ Nicklas Jensen ($0.894m)
Jordin Tootoo ($1.750m) / ------Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) /------- Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Zenon Konopka ($0.800m)

DEFENSEMEN
Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) /------------ Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)
Sami Salo ($2.000m) /---------------- Alexander Edler ($3.250m)
Jason Garrison ($4.000m) /--------- Chris Tanev ($0.900m)
Marc-Andre Gragnani ($1.150m) /

GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
Cory Schneider ($3.250m)

------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,522,500; BONUSES: $125,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster):- $222,500

Ballard Raymond Alberts can be traded for anything
Sign Lack, Ebbett, Volpatti and Weise 2 way

Jensen AND Higgins are LEFT wingers. Hansen is a right wing. What is the point of picking players out of position just because it fits.............that seems lazy.

Apology, didn't see post above.

Edited by Bodee, 24 May 2012 - 05:08 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#33 PONCHE

PONCHE

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:11 AM

^As far as i'm aware Jensen is able to play eaither wing and Higgins can also play center, dont know about RW tho
Posted Image

#34 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,460 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:31 AM

Looks good to me. I really want us to keep both goalies, and with the cap most likely to go up I think that won't be a problem.

Salo should take a pay cut though and I don't want to see him have to play top minutes with Edler - he should be reserved for 15 minutes of quality ice time.

Instead of Garisson, MG needs to go find a big shutdown, physical defenceman, not another puck moving scorer. Someone like Willie Mitchell, Seabrook, Hamhuis etc. who doesn't focus on offence at all but is great in his own zone and a big physical guy because that's what our defence has lacked the last 2 seasons which has been the main reason we've been ousted by bigger forward units.

Schroeder is good but I don't think he's 2nd line material just yet. This is where Hodgson would have fit in seamlessly. Instead I'd like to see this:

Sedin - Sedin - Booth (had success together at the end of last season)
Higgins - Lapierre - Burrows (ex-Canadiens have great chemistry and the 2 French speakers have shown sparks together too)
Hansen - Pahlsson - Jensen (good mix of Danes, grit, speed, youth and experience and size)
Schroeder - Malhotra - Kassian (again a good mix of speed, skill, size, grit and experience)

Edler - top-4 defenceman
Bieksa - Hamhuis
Salo - Alberts
Tanev

Luongo
Schneider
Posted Image

#35 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,424 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:37 AM

Looks good to me. I really want us to keep both goalies, and with the cap most likely to go up I think that won't be a problem.

Salo should take a pay cut though and I don't want to see him have to play top minutes with Edler - he should be reserved for 15 minutes of quality ice time.

Instead of Garisson, MG needs to go find a big shutdown, physical defenceman, not another puck moving scorer. Someone like Willie Mitchell, Seabrook, Hamhuis etc. who doesn't focus on offence at all but is great in his own zone and a big physical guy because that's what our defence has lacked the last 2 seasons which has been the main reason we've been ousted by bigger forward units.

Schroeder is good but I don't think he's 2nd line material just yet. This is where Hodgson would have fit in seamlessly. Instead I'd like to see this:

Higgins - Lapierre - Burrows (ex-Canadiens have great chemistry and the 2 French speakers have shown sparks together too)
Hansen - Pahlsson - Jensen (good mix of Danes, grit, speed, youth and experience and size)
Schroeder - Malhotra - Kassian (again a good mix of speed, skill, size, grit and experience)

Edler - top-4 defenceman
Bieksa - Hamhuis
Salo - Alberts
Tanev

Luongo
Schneider

So you are enjoying watching other teams play in playoffs right now?

Seriously your assessment of what kind of roster will get us out of the first round is just absurd.

And another year with the funky goalie tandem is the most laughable and biggest waste of an asset in the NHL right now
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#36 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:08 AM

the defenseman who really doesnt have much more to prove in the AHL

No, not much to prove...just that little thing called actually playing defense.

#37 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:10 AM

HUH? Daniel didn't even play at the end of the season. Booth had litle success with anyone.

#38 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:31 AM

I really wanna see Jensen play next season. He's gonna be a beast
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#39 CowtownCanuck

CowtownCanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:45 AM

Just like I was hoping for last year while Kes was out, then can we trade away our talented young players?

#40 Losing With Pride

Losing With Pride

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,726 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:58 AM

Then with this new youth movement we start the season 2-7-1.

Then we miss the playoffs by for 3 points and we blame it to the slow start.

AV and Gillis are fired.

The world ends.

#41 shawn antoski

shawn antoski

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

Im sorry, did you say that Kassian will develop in the NHL more than the AHL? Lets see....Kassian on the 4th line.....AV is terrible with prospects....Kassian gets 3 minutes a game....... = :picard:. Im pretty sure Kassian would get more than 3-5 minutes a game in the AHL..

its about skill level and size. In the ahl hes a man-beast, in the nhl he is normal sized player.
trust me it makes a difference, I played football for many years, I had to do some practice drills with the older players from time time because the coaches felt it was better for my development .... I went from domintating every drill against my peers ,to fighting for my life to finish a drill against the older guys...... I would let him stay in the AHL if he was smaller and still had to grow into his body, but Kassian is NHL ready, he just has to prove it

#42 shawn antoski

shawn antoski

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

Its not it was simply listed by line arbitrarily, as the centers of the lines are all lined up.

That being said, I really like Garisson at 4 million or less (although keeping Ballard wouldn't be all that bad, he plays well with tanev and seems to have come around... espescially is Garisson ends up being 4 million.) I hope Salo stays one more year and can play well enough/long enough for 2nd pairing D-man minutes.

We have enough depth to not have to sign Konopka, and we really dont need to spend 1.7 million on tootoo of all people. I'd rather spend the money on Pahlsson, hope Salo takes a minor paycut, and Garisson signs for something reasonable like 3 million.

If we signed pahlsson for 2 million, Salo for 2 million, and kept ballard (more reasonable than trading Ballard AND getting that exact defenseman back), and signing schnieder for 4 million and not signing TooToo or Konopka, we still end up below the CURRENT cap. With next years projected cap looking like it'll go up to 69 million~, even if it goes up half that, we'll still have room to play. And thats not including the difference in Kesler/Schroeder's salary while Kesler is out. That is assuming Schroeder gets sent down, and Jensen/Kassian stay up in the NHL.

Crispy

what is with these people that dont realize, some players have played more then one position throughout there career

the hockeynews.com......

36 - RW/LW
Jannik Hansen
Date of birth: March 15, 1986
Place of birth: Herlev, Denmark
Ht: 6-1 Wt: 195
Shoots: R
Salary: $1,600,000
NHL Seasons: 5
Drafted by Vancouver in 2004 (9/287).

20 - LW/RW/C
Christopher Higgins
Date of birth: June 02, 1983
Place of birth: Smithtown, NY
Ht: 6-0 Wt: 205
Shoots: L
Salary: $1,900,000
NHL Seasons: 7
Drafted by Montreal in 2002 (1/14).
Acquired in a trade with Florida in 2011.

and thats funny...i thought Bieska and Hamuis were paired together all year long....Did both line up on the right side????
Edler and salo played parts of the year together aswell or was I just smoking some funny stuff all year long?

Edited by shawn antoski, 24 May 2012 - 10:36 AM.

#43 shawn antoski

shawn antoski

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

No.

2011/12 Jensen can't play in the AHL
2011/12 Jensen can play in the NHL

yep your right

#44 shawn antoski

shawn antoski

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:32 AM

So you are enjoying watching other teams play in playoffs right now?

Seriously your assessment of what kind of roster will get us out of the first round is just absurd.

And another year with the funky goalie tandem is the most laughable and biggest waste of an asset in the NHL right now

oh really hahahahaha tell that to Pittsburgh or Philly fans who were stuck with 1 capable goalie

and most laughable and biggest waste of an asset hahahah tell that to boston, st louis and LA fans , they are laughing so hard right now with there awesome goaltending duo's

#45 rkyway

rkyway

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

Gragnani?
- G. is a defensive basket case that will never play regular in the NHL.

#46 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

^As far as i'm aware Jensen is able to play eaither wing and Higgins can also play center, dont know about RW tho

Fair enough but as he is a rookie coming in to try and make an impression, surely you give him his optimum position. I'm quite sure every player on the team can play the opposite wing but I would always play them on the the wing they were most comfortable on.
Kevin.jpg

#47 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,578 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

What the hell are you smoking man - so according to you, we have 4 natural Right-side Defenseman?

I was under the impression that the only reason Bieska gets his minutes is because we have no depth on the right side. Edler and Hamhuis both shoot left, and has for the most part been a Left-side defenseman. The only time Edler changes from the left to right is when there are injuries.

And Jensen actually plays the RW normally although he is shoots left - kind of like how Ovechkin shoots right but is a natural LW. Or, at least, he played RW last year (I didn't see him play this year). It's better for snipers to be on their off-wing so they have a better angle to get their shots off - although this means they aren't as good defensively on the walls because it isn't their natural side.

Edited by Dasein, 24 May 2012 - 12:06 PM.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#48 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

Edler - top-4 defenceman
Bieksa - Hamhuis
Salo - Alberts
Tanev

Luongo
Schneider

Man I keep rooting for you to come up with something good but each time I get more disappointed. What is this "Boys Night" I really don't think that an elite team like the Canucks can just open the door to 3 rookies and play one/two of them out of position.

Some of your defenders look to be on the wrong wing.

Alberts?.....really?

Edited by Bodee, 24 May 2012 - 12:14 PM.

Kevin.jpg

#49 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

Couple of reasons why I think we should give are prospects a chance to start the season with the team.

- Keslers replacement is not going to come via a trade or a free agent. Who ever steps up to help fill that void is going to have to be from within the organisation. Schroeder has the potential to be a 2nd line center, so why not give him a shot at it for the first month while Kesler is out.

-Kassian should not be playing in the AHL next season, hes NHL ready , hes big, can hit, and he can skate, playing in the NHL will help him develop his game better then the AHL.

-Jensen is the wild card, out of the forwards, hes the youngest out of the bunch, but hes the favorite to make it among NHL scouts. If the scouts believe hes are best prospect right now, I want too see what he's got.

-When it comes to defencemen , I think we should have Gragnani or Tanev alternating out the the bottom 2. With so many young guys starting at forward the Canucks are better off having more veterans playing D.

- One of AV's biggest criticisms is not giving prospects any playing time. With his new contract freshly signed maybe it will help get some critics off his back if he did let them start the first 15 games or so.

-The start of the season is the best time to be experimenting, it leaves room for them to catch up if there experiment doesn't go well. Besides teams like the Oilers and the Laughs are usually the best teams to start the season anyways. It usually takes teams about 3 months to settle down and figure each other out.

-The NHL is getting younger and younger, season after season, the Canucks are not following that trend. Now in days in the cap era, teams need young players with cheap contracts that are able to play at high levels. Hawks won that way , the Bruins too, and Philly was so stacked this year because of all there young guys low salaries(this offseason will be an interesting one for them).

- Who knows we may have the next Sean Couturier, Adam Henrique, or Carl Hagelin already in are system.

-All I'm saying is at least give are prospects a real chance to shine in the NHL during the first 15 games or so.

Here is a lineup i wouldn't mind seeing to start the season

or at least until the Luongo(maybe Schneider) trade happens and when Kesler comes back

- My main reason to let the kids play........ KEEP LUONGO AND SCHNEIDER..... 1 more year as a tandem, keeping them together gives us are best shot at winning Lord Stanley.....

-If not the whole season, keep both of them untill the goalie market really heats up, teams usually know they have goaltending issues when its closer to the all star break. Right now the market is kinda cold especially with Lu's limited no trade clause.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR ROSTER
My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) /-------- Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / ---------Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
David Booth ($4.250m) /-------- Jordan Schroeder ($1.025m) /--- Chris Higgins ($1.900m)
Jannik Hansen ($1.350m) / -----Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) /------ Nicklas Jensen ($0.894m)
Jordin Tootoo ($1.750m) / ------Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) /------- Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Zenon Konopka ($0.800m)

DEFENSEMEN
Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) /------------ Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)
Sami Salo ($2.000m) /---------------- Alexander Edler ($3.250m)
Jason Garrison ($4.000m) /--------- Chris Tanev ($0.900m)
Marc-Andre Gragnani ($1.150m) /

GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
Cory Schneider ($3.250m)

------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,522,500; BONUSES: $125,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster):- $222,500

Ballard Raymond Alberts can be traded for anything
Sign Lack, Ebbett, Volpatti and Weise 2 way

Usually I don't comment on grammar and spelling, but I am because you actually made an attempt to be correct. It looks like you used a spell checker because the only words you got caught on were actual words, but the wrong words:
"are prospects" should be "our prospects.
"are system" should be "our system"

I enjoyed your commentary, you did put thought into it, though I can't say I agree some some of it, and you appear to have missed out Rome in your defenders. Tanev is a far better D defensively than Gragnani, though Grangnani is better offensively so far. I think AV was more patient with Gragnani's blunders last year than he will be this year. Ballard did not acquit himself badly in the tail end of the season, or in the playoffs. AV may use him early much more than last year, unless the Canucks score a good signing on D.

#50 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

Jensen is not eligible to play AHL while he has junior eligibility left. NHL or nothing this year is the rule.

I take it u do not think he will make the NHL?

2011-12 Jensen cant play Ahl or Nhl

2012-13 Jensen can play Ahl or Nhl

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 24 May 2012 - 03:54 PM.

#51 shawn antoski

shawn antoski

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

Usually I don't comment on grammar and spelling, but I am because you actually made an attempt to be correct. It looks like you used a spell checker because the only words you got caught on were actual words, but the wrong words:
"are prospects" should be "our prospects.
"are system" should be "our system"

I enjoyed your commentary, you did put thought into it, though I can't say I agree some some of it, and you appear to have missed out Rome in your defenders. Tanev is a far better D defensively than Gragnani, though Grangnani is better offensively so far. I think AV was more patient with Gragnani's blunders last year than he will be this year. Ballard did not acquit himself badly in the tail end of the season, or in the playoffs. AV may use him early much more than last year, unless the Canucks score a good signing on D.

R U the CDC grammer police, u is doin a very goood job, thnx 4 ur input, It means alot too me :picard:

Edited by shawn antoski, 24 May 2012 - 04:21 PM.

#52 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,424 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

oh really hahahahaha tell that to Pittsburgh or Philly fans who were stuck with 1 capable goalie

and most laughable and biggest waste of an asset hahahah tell that to boston, st louis and LA fans , they are laughing so hard right now with there awesome goaltending duo's

which philly goalie do you actually feel is capable? 51 million dollar Bryz? :sick:

what, prey tell are the st. louis fans laughing about? a second place regular season followed by a second round sweeping?

and how many games did rask, halak, bernier play in the post season combined?

i have no idea how much schneids would sign here for hypothetically. but i'll guess at about 3.5. and lets hypothetically say a 3 year term. so now thats approx 9mil on goalies for the remainder of lus term (10 years) plus 3 more years for schneids when:

our forwards cant score in the playoffs and our d cant stop the opposition from scoring.

nah lets keep the funky goalie tandem.

Edited by riffraff, 24 May 2012 - 05:05 PM.

Posted Image

When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#53 shawn antoski

shawn antoski

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:06 PM

and how many games did rask, halak, bernier play in the post season combined?

i have no idea how much schneids would sign here for hypothetically. but i'll guess at about 3.5. and lets hypothetically say a 3 year term. so now thats approx 9mil on goalies for the remainder of lus term plus 3 more years for schneids when:

our forwards cant score in the playoffs and our d cant stop the opposition from scoring.

nah lets keep the funky goalie tandem.

Halak played 2 games, but you missed my point teams .....Philly and Pittsburgh were screwed

forwards cant score in the playoffs?????..... or do you mean couldn't score against Quick this year and couldn't score against Thomas last year

the canucks were top 5 in goals scored last year and Top 4 in goals against........ fairweather fans love to hate when it rains

Edited by shawn antoski, 24 May 2012 - 05:06 PM.

#54 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,424 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

Halak played 2 games, but you missed my point teams .....Philly and Pittsburgh were screwed

forwards cant score in the playoffs?????..... or do you mean couldn't score against Quick this year and couldn't score against Thomas last year

the canucks were top 5 in goals scored last year and Top 4 in goals against........ fairweather fans love to hate when it rains

you are right i missed your point. you don't have one.

here you confirm my point: two awesome potentially high priced/long term goalies taking turns on the bench while the team struggles to score and defend in the post season.

and in the playoffs when it counts?

my whole life in this city and 30+ years of "fairweathering"

hey its great to watch the regular season success to get through the winter. in no way do feel entitled to the cup as a fan. but its been proven two years running that two great goalies, no scoring, and poor/undersized dmen arent getting the job done, which we're led to believe by the organization, is the goal.

so far both you and King Alberts seem to have to finish your response posts with name calling/and rude statements to add "substance" to your point. having trouble with credible commentary?
Posted Image

#55 BoKnows53

BoKnows53

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:05 PM

Kassian with the Sedins will be a good idea in so many ways.

1) Sedins won't get messed with

2) Creates a lot of room

3) Can screen the goalie, tip in goals like Bertuzzi

4) Has enough skill to play the Sedin rope-a-dope style

#56 canacks1970

canacks1970

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:19 PM

good luck with the $222,500 cap space when kesler comes back

Its alot more then that since the season is over. Plus we don't know who were getting in return in a trade for either goaltender(Likely LUONGO). Plus we have no idea what the CBA will have in store. We may another lockout next year. Unfortuantely.

Edited by canacks1970, 24 May 2012 - 07:21 PM.

#57 TwinTelepathy

TwinTelepathy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

its about skill level and size. In the ahl hes a man-beast, in the nhl he is normal sized player.
trust me it makes a difference, I played football for many years, I had to do some practice drills with the older players from time time because the coaches felt it was better for my development .... I went from domintating every drill against my peers ,to fighting for my life to finish a drill against the older guys...... I would let him stay in the AHL if he was smaller and still had to grow into his body, but Kassian is NHL ready, he just has to prove it

I agree with you but I don't think he will get the CHANCE to prove it under AV lol

#58 TwinTelepathy

TwinTelepathy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

Kassian with the Sedins will be a good idea in so many ways.

1) Sedins won't get messed with

2) Creates a lot of room

3) Can screen the goalie, tip in goals like Bertuzzi

4) Has enough skill to play the Sedin rope-a-dope style

where were u 3 months ago?

#59 shawn antoski

shawn antoski

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:19 PM

I agree with you but I don't think he will get the CHANCE to prove it under AV lol

I think AV will change his ways.... Hes walking on thin ice

Edited by shawn antoski, 25 May 2012 - 02:20 PM.

#60 CanuckFan1981

CanuckFan1981

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

Did you not see that AV just got extended?

Any hopes of developing rookies can be stopped now.

kthxbye

That's a pretty silly comment. You don't think he "developed" Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa, Edler, Schnieder and the Sedin's during his time here? Or was that someone else that was the coach since 2006? He also coached those guys in the AHL previously. And he didn't bring Hodgson onto the team until he was ready. Which was probably the best thing for both the team and the player. Shirokov didn't deserve to be on the team based on his 2 weak goals in preseason. Grabner was good at times here, but we had people playing and producing better at both ends of the ice. Grabner had 32 points last year. Higgins had 43. Higgins is also a much better defensive player, whom we would not have a spot for if Grab's was here.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.