Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

2012-13 Youth Movement ....just For The Start Of The Season, While Kesler Heals

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
61 replies to this topic

#61 CanuckFan1981

CanuckFan1981

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

Good post, well thought out. I don't think Garrison is worth 4 mill per year and I think Edler needs a raise (RFA this year?). I would like to see Tootoo and Konopka on our team though. However, as much as i would like Tootoo, I think Vancouver might be one of the most dangerous places for him to be as he already has off-ice issues with addictions. It has been speculated that in Vancouver there are more "temptations" that could throw him off track and he would find more "freinds" that would lead him off track. However, if he could stay on track here, i think he would fit in great and be the most popular player on the team. He always works his tail off and finishes his checks, which is usuallly what fans want to see.

#62 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

Kassian with the Sedins will be a good idea in so many ways.

1) Sedins won't get messed with

2) Creates a lot of room

3) Can screen the goalie, tip in goals like Bertuzzi

4) Has enough skill to play the Sedin rope-a-dope style

*** But does he have the defensive awareness to play with the Sedins? Because Sedins aren't that great defensively, and we need a great two-way player to play with them.

No, Kassian hasn't even played a full season in the NHL yet.

He would be a good idea in so many ways but because of one crucial fault in Kassian's game (defense), that idea goes down the drain.

Not that he can't learn - it'll just take time.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.