The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lu's Bye Bye

Erik Karlsson

I agree with this somewhat and how you view it.... But you can also look at it this way. Lou wants out, and its not vc pushing him out because they prefer cory, which appears to be what happened at the end of the season. If gillis is saying he wants to keep lou then calls up other teams about trading him, they will get the picture right away and rumors will get out around the leagues gm's gillis is saying one thing but then hes calling teams about trading him. It almost seems like av made this statement because thats whats happening. So they wanted to make it clear lou wants to leave on his own, and not that the team did not want him. I think its almost trying to save face for roberto at this point. I also feel based on all these comments a trade maybe pending soon of roberto.

They might also be trying to create a bidding war for him and let every team know hes available. You can look at this a bunch of different ways.

That article has many typos, and calles Cory an 'it'. Is this a legit article or something some kid wrote for high school?

Never trust articles like these unless it's from a reliable source, not from some link off of twitter from a site not too many people have heard of.

IMHO, you are being played for a fool Gillis and AV made Luongo the Captain and would have egg on their face if they now traded him in favor of Schneids.

I believe Luongo will be here this fall with Eddie as backup and Schneids contracted elsewhere in exchange for a power forward, say Nash or a Huge defenceman, say Weber.

Nothing to base this on except instinct. No rumour, just my thought.

So what?

He has a NTC. If he is being shopped then it's going to be assumed that he has agreed to be moved. I think it's actually better to spin it that he wants out and that the Canucks would rather keep him than the opposite.

There isn't a lot of strength to Gillis position anyway. Luongo has a long term deal with a no trade clause. Those aren't the easiest to move and really Luongo is going to get to pick his destination.

I always subscribe to the theory of being straight forward about things. Trying to hide things and trying to be deceptive never works. If the team is just honest that the tenure of Luongo in a Canucks jersey is coming to an end and it's best for him to move on how is that a bad thing? Spin it that they are doing their best for Roberto and move on. It will be much better in the long run. It really doesn't look good to trade a guy two years into a twelve year deal so the organization is better off looking like they are really out for the best interests of the player.

It doesn't matter if he said it, you said it or I said it.

It is OBVIOUS that Lou won't be here next year. Why would he ever consider staying? The decision was made in Games 3, 4 and 5 against LA, that Cory would give us the "best chance" in AV's opinion to win.

Having said that, whether or not we got out of the first round we weren't going anywhere. We were crappy for so long (since early January) and couldn't score goals. So, unless Cory or Lou were going to put the puck in the net, we weren't winning.

The rumours that Luongo wants out of Vancouver is more than enough to get gm's to decide whether they are interested in Lou or not . Where there is smoke...theres a fire !! The next thing we'll hear is that schneider has signed an extension with a sizeable pay increase.

Archived