The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lu's Bye Bye

Erik Karlsson

Its Roberto Luongo, If someone doesn't give us what we want, someone else will, its already pretty well known he wants to be traded, I don't think GMs are join to unanimously use an Alain Vigneault quote from VAT against Gillis when negotiating... Like I said there are going to be quite a few teams chomping at the bit for Luongo. If some stupid GM uses an instance like this against MG, I'm pretty sure Gillis will laugh in his face and say "Next bidder please."

It was actually Patrice Brisbois who "broke" the story if you actually followed it. Lebrun is just the one who retweeted it.

And as far as AV talking about it, that's BS. Do you actually think he'd be dumb enough to talk about that? When does he ever talk about the inner workings of the organization? And now he just happens to leak out something like this to a les than credible sports station. Don't be silly.

I really don't get it. How lazy are we. Watch the video. There's an interview. He says it. the source is good. The translation is not--but that doesn't come from the source.

I personally don't care but can't believe how dismissive people are of something right in front of their faces.

As I mentioned above, he says "

C'est ce qu'il désire présentement". That means "that is what he wants right now". In the context, he seems to be saying that Lu wants out.

Its Roberto Luongo, If someone doesn't give us what we want, someone else will, its already pretty well known he wants to be traded, I don't think GMs are join to unanimously use an Alain Vigneault quote from VAT against Gillis when negotiating... Like I said there are going to be quite a few teams chomping at the bit for Luongo. If some stupid GM uses an instance like this against MG, I'm pretty sure Gillis will laugh in his face and say "Next bidder please."

If it was Game 7 of the SCF, and we were guaranteed the best of both Schneider and Luongo..

I'd pick Luongo in a heart beat. The guy's problem is his meltdowns.. But boy, when he's good, he's frickin' good. When he's on his game, easily the best goalie in the world.

You do realise that's not what I was referring to right? De Niro is one of the few sensible people on here not to believe everything they see without facts. You even "proved" his point with your lost viking translation:

“but if thats whats he currently wants, then what we must do is whats best for the organization”

The big "if" that everyone is missing. So I don't really see what the problem is here?

We have two french speaking people on hfboards confirm in the full video av clearly said roberto asked for a trade. The person that confirmed it originally said from the clip the story going around was incorrect, and he said originally from the short clip.

"Fixed my above post to more accurately reflect AV's French comment. I had originally paraphrased a bit.

That TVA Sports article omits "en" which I can clearly hear. "C'est ce que lui presentement desire" means that's what he currently desires. "EN c'est ce que lui presentement desire" means in accordance to what he currently desires."

After watching the full video he said

"Wow, well that confirms it. AV has said that Roberto asked for a trade.

Im sure other french speaks on here will possibly confirm this in the full video.

We have two french speaking people on hfboards confirm in the full video av clearly said roberto asked for a trade. The person that confirmed it originally said from the clip the story going around was incorrect, and he said originally from the short clip.

"Fixed my above post to more accurately reflect AV's French comment. I had originally paraphrased a bit.

That TVA Sports article omits "en" which I can clearly hear. "C'est ce que lui presentement desire" means that's what he currently desires. "EN c'est ce que lui presentement desire" means in accordance to what he currently desires."

After watching the full video he said

"Wow, well that confirms it. AV has said that Roberto asked for a trade.

Im sure other french speaks on here will possibly confirm this in the full video.

Someone will confirm it on here, im not going to argue anymore. One of them was a female in Montreal who politely offered to translate it and found the full video.

Also how was the person i quoted a hater? In the original small clip posted he was arguing the news outlets were wrong, and av didnt say he asked for trade and everything was translated poorly. After seeing the full video he said it is now clear he asked for a trade.

A french speaker on here im sure will confirm this, people are claiming its pretty blatant in the full video.

Oh i agree gillis has the final say, but we are arguing what av said. There were many different translations of the video clip i was told because it was such a brief clip only a few seconds of him talking and because we did not know the context of his comment the translation was very difficult, the point is the full interview posted above is now available and apparently puts everything into context, and he plainly says roberto asked for a trade. (or so three french speakers claim who originally said the media outlets had the translation completely wrong, now admit its clear as day av said roberto asked for a trade)

As i mentioned earlier who knows what happens with roberto, right now no team it appears has shown interest according to bob McKenzie.

Archived