The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

You Made Luongo Leave Apparently?

So us fans are the bad guys? We are forcing Luongo to want to leave town? What a load of monkey dung. These guys are millionaires and should be capable of handling anything, if not, then how about they hand back those big bucks and work a real job. Anyone who coddles these rich guys should be embaressed about yourself. Take care there Mr Luongo, thanks for the memories (8 goals in game 3, classic!) but if you blame us fans later then excuse me but you can kiss our rear ends chief.

So us fans are the bad guys? We are forcing Luongo to want to leave town? What a load of monkey dung. These guys are millionaires and should be capable of handling anything, if not, then how about they hand back those big bucks and work a real job. Anyone who coddles these rich guys should be embaressed about yourself. Take care there Mr Luongo, thanks for the memories (8 goals in game 3, classic!) but if you blame us fans later then excuse me but you can kiss our rear ends chief.

Where did you come up with this ?

Last i heard your still a human that has some feelings even if you make 7 figures . This might weird for you and some others but hockey players are real people and still want to be treated right and i dont think you lose that right because you have talent that pays well

Just look at his username, this guy is just bitter about his own life and taking it out on Luongo. Not Lu's fault he is a great NHL goalie that got offered a 12yr $64 millon contract. People are actually blaming LU for accepting this great contract lol

Show some respect, think about you in his situation, how would you feel?

Just shameful.. I'm not surprised that he wants to leave because of our fans, (even though i doubt he ever said that) he has been the bigger person though all of this and still stuck by us and still called our fans great and been supportive of us and all the fans do is boo this guy and be completely unrealistic when analyzing his play, and not giving him the credit when he steals games and saves our team.

Without him there is absolutely no way we would have this great team, he saved us from doing a complete nose dive and ending up like Calgary or Edmonton.

its an embarrassment to the good fans when most of the fans hate on him and be insanely over critical.

Its just completely shameful really.

If he leaves, it will not be because he was run out of town. It will be because he wants to be the clearcut number 1 somewhere. If the Canucks have determined they want to re-sign Schneider, whatever the cost, then it makes sense that he would want out.

Canucks star Roberto Luongo wants trade out of Vancouver, says coach Alain Vigneault

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Canucks+star+Roberto+Luongo+wants+trade+Vancouver+says+coach+Alain+Vigneault/6674385/story.html#ixzz1vpZ9rTNa

VANCOUVER — Vancouver Canucks head coach Alain Vigneault let the cat out of the bag on French language TV: Goalie Roberto Luongo does indeed want a trade out of Vancouver.

Speaking over the telephone to a Montreal-based TVA Sports show called Le Match, Vigneault was asked if he agreed that Luongo needed a fresh start. (Vigneault was on the show Wednesday night to discuss his contract extension.)

“First of all, that is what he wants right now,” Vigneault said in the translated quote. “What we need to do is what's best for our organization and our team. We have to look at what's best for our organization and Roberto.”

Luongo, 33, lost his starting job to Cory Schneider during the playoffs and told reporters in his exit interviews April 24 that he would waive his no-trade clause if that is what best suited the club.

“Yeah, of course, if they ask me to,” Luongo said. “I don't want to be one of those guys who is going to stand in the way of anything. I always want to put the team ahead of me. I don't want to be one of those selfish guys.

“Obviously they have a guy here who is going to be a superstar in this league for the next 10, 12, 15 years so I'm okay with it. It is a business and that's the way it goes. I've loved being here the last six years. If I'm here in the future, then great. If I'm not, that's good also.”

Vigneault's comment seems to indicate that Luongo has decided being in Vancouver in the future isn't so great after all. Luongo still has 10 years and roughly $47 million remaining on his lengthy contract.

Meanwhile in Tampa, Lightning GM Steve Yzerman went on radio there Thursday and implied he wasn't interested in acquiring Luongo even though he is desperate for a quality No. 1 netminder.

“My philosophy is that I'm trying to find that Hall of Fame goaltender,” Yzerman said. “But good luck trying to do that. It takes time. We'll find that guy through the draft or unrestricted free agency. That guy isn't there at this time. Obviously I'd love to have a 20-year-old [version] of Martin Brodeur and not worry about goaltending for the next 20 years. But that's hard to do.”

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Canucks+star+Roberto+Luongo+wants+trade+Vancouver+says+coach+Alain+Vigneault/6674385/story.html#ixzz1vpYplGJ3

More fans coddling Luongo, so sad..... hes a human being too!! ?? WTF hes sitting on a beach somewhere sipping on some pretty expensive stuff i bet while the rest of ya are struggling to pay your bills and eating hamburger helper... so go ahead and feel sorry for the guy... unreal

Archived