The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Gillis On Team 1040

-Vintage Canuck-

You may have predicted it, gloating, salivating all over yourself and rubbing your hands together gleefully, but you obviously didn't check the mis-translation of the French piece.

Now....because idiots everywhere, including local media, have jumped all over something that was never said at all, MG is put in the position of having to straighten it out. And it certainly isn't over something his coach said or even inferred but instead, over something a bunch of ignorant people who can't be bothered to fact check said........ :rolleyes:

AV's quote was "Mais si"... "but if Luongo wants out ( the organization will do what is right for the organization)... a few overzealous AV haters have chopped off the first few very important words [but if] becomes "Luongo wants out" - and made a whole lot more of that hypothetical comment than was warranted.

You may have predicted it, gloating, salivating all over yourself and rubbing your hands together gleefully, but you obviously didn't check the mis-translation of the French piece.

Now....because idiots everywhere, including local media, have jumped all over something that was never said at all, MG is put in the position of having to straighten it out. And it certainly isn't over something his coach said or even implied but instead, over something a bunch of ignorant people who can't be bothered to fact check said........ :rolleyes:

Edit: Correction - 'implied' for 'inferred'. :)

And where exactly did I say i was salivating at this issue? You are the one who's misinterpreting things. Obviously this is a ridiculous situation, one that Gillis shouldn't even have to deal with. All I said was I predicted this would happen, not that I am happy it is. Get a grip..

Never said you weren't salivating in that post....don't know quite what you're on about there.....tangents...gotta love 'em. Apparently it is possible to have a field day whilst salivating, it's just a little....messy.

MG - clean up on aisle 1040, please. French translation omission causing all sorts of issues.....

Never said you weren't salivating in that post....don't know quite what you're on about there.....tangents...gotta love 'em. Apparently it is possible to have a field day whilst salivating, it's just a little....messy.

MG - clean up on aisle 1040, please. French translation omission causing all sorts of issues.....

Archived