The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vigneault’S ‘Charm’ Could Split Canucks Locker-Room (The Province)

bryguy26

Like it or not, you have to admit that AV has said some things that have had negative consequences for the organization. The Hodgson debacle was pretty bad but judging by his comments about Kesler, it looks like he hasn't learned anything from it. Add this to the fact that he may have just decreased Luongo's trade value by letting it slip that Luongo does indeed want out. He's a good coach but he needs to use better judgement when he's got microphones in front of his face.

OK another questionable post about yet another lackluster article from the Province. Enough already! The only thing that will split our locker room is regurgitating negative press like this. OH WAIT A MINUTE!!!

Our club is full of professionals and i believe that they will look over this. As well as all of the other negative crap that will be posted, printed , or reported over the next year or so. It will stop. Oh yes, it will stop.

NUFF SAID :canucks:

Gallagher is a boob, dug this article up.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/canucks-alain-vigneault-hot-seat-yes-shouldn-t-220212845.html

I know Yahoo's sports writing is often suspect, but it shows the bias that Tony has against the coach. I wonder what kind of tantrum he threw when he heard about the contract extension. If the locker room is split, it's a good thing they have until October to repair that rift. I am not a huge fan of AV at times, but he has been the best coach we have had with what he has been given. The Canucks need more depth on the blueline and size up front. Sadly, every team in the NHL wants the same thing.

Vigneault is a good coach, in fact he's a great coach... in the regular season. But he is not someone who will win you a Stanley Cup. He'll give you President's Trophies, Western Conference Titles and Division Banners up the ying yang if that's whats important to you. But I thought what we wanted here was a Cup! I really don't care how they get into the playoff's as long as they hoist that shiney silver cup over their heads at the end of it.

It's about time Kesler learned to take some criticism instead of pouting every time something negative is said about him. Or in this case, getting his agent to answer for him. You want to be "THE" man, Kes...first you have to be "A" man.

Well hot damn if AV is going to drive all our good players/prospects out of Vancouver...what is up with that? TBH I am really not liking the way he is handling the players/the team and I think that was reflective in their play in this years playoffs and the last quarter of the regular season. I still cannot get over the fact that the only person that showed up to play...we traded?!?! and because the coach had issues with him?!?! Ordinarily it is those players that aren't showing up or aren't getting the results that get traded but I guess results/performance is irrelevant in AV's world, even if it means a less then ideal product on the ice and consequential poor playoff performance resulting in an early exit.

Gallagher is terrible, All this insider knowledge he is trying claim is pathetic .

If Keslers injury happen in Feb then clearly shows his injury was not the reason behind his disappointing season and if he wants to be a second line center he needs to step it up and i have no problem with him calling out Kesler and seeing if it lights a fire under him for next season .

Some fans have been complaining about him not motivating the players well here it is so lets see if Kesler can raise his game again

Well hot damn if AV is going to drive all our good players/prospects out of Vancouver...what is up with that? TBH I am really not liking the way he is handling the players/the team and I think that was reflective in their play in this years playoffs and the last quarter of the regular season. I still cannot get over the fact that the only person that showed up to play...we traded?!?! and because the coach had issues with him?!?! Ordinarily it is those players that aren't showing up or aren't getting the results that get traded but I guess results/performance is irrelevant in AV's world, even if it means a less then ideal product on the ice and consequential poor playoff performance resulting in an early exit.

Gallagher is the only one that really knows anything and speaks the truth like it or not. All the other tools like Botchford, Willes, Kuzma have no clue what is going on and are the ones really trying to stir the pot.

Archived