Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 6 votes

Vigneault’S ‘Charm’ Could Split Canucks Locker-Room (The Province)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
95 replies to this topic

#91 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:05 PM

Ever since the Stanley Cup run I've been unimpressed with the Vancouver media. I understand they have a job to do. And there is an insatiable lust for ink on the Canucks. But, they yank the uninformed masses around by their impressionable noses.

There was a time when the Province was a must read for me. Now I check the Sun first, and even they write mostly knee-jerk, re-hashed baloney. If it weren't for Pass it to Bulis there might not be anything worth reading.

That said. The Province and Sun guys do have press credentials and a modicum of insider knowledge. It is hard to know what is true and what is supposition.

The main problem is...and it's scary...Tony Gallagher has been right before!

AAAAaaaaaaaa!!!!!

What the 15 minutes they get to spend in the locker room asking the same questions over and over to try and get a reaction from some players ? these guys dont know squat like they would like to lead people to believe and for there press creds dont mean nothing either just a couple tools that want to stir the pot and create some sales for the dieing business called a newspaper.

in the pass 10 years the newspaper sales have been on a decline in sales and advertisement ads, especially the latter in the last 4 years and its no coincidence that our newspapers have 3 or 4 times the amount of opinion articles so they can create a buzz and have people still buy the paper. It only used to be Gallagher and MaCrae and now thats all you get to read now , some goof the graduated with a journalist degree spouting of some extremely one-sided opinion

Edited by ccc44, 25 May 2012 - 01:15 PM.

Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#92 rkyway

rkyway

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

I deplore the way AV coaches. Professional sports should be a meritocracy, but with V. he plays his favorites no matter how good or bad they're playing. They always get the same minutes and get the same perks. Players find this very frustrating and resent it, whether they say so publicly or not. (The perfect example is the power play lineup.)
- for the life of me I can't think of one single positive attribute V. brings to the table.

#93 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:48 PM

I swear every year AV is making mistakes and then everyone is like oh he made a mistake or 2, but he is learning from his mistakes and it will make him a better coach for next year. The fact that this is happening every year is unacceptable, if this coach is still learning every year from his mistakes, means he's not as good of a coach that everyone thinks he is. Yes him learning from his mistakes makes him a better coach down the road, but it shouldn't be happening every year, and this team needs a coach who has been through all those mistakes before, and have already learned from those mistakes to take this team to the cup.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#94 Hugh Chardon

Hugh Chardon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

Compelling and rich...now over to Tits McGee.

#95 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

If I was working in a restaurant and Tony came in, I'd piss in his soup.

The most useless POS on this planet.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#96 miles.p

miles.p

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

AV's playoff coaching success:
1st year - Loss in second round
2nd year - No playoffs
3rd year - loss in second round (had to come down from 3-1 to win the 1st round then blow it against the 'Hawks
4th year - collapse against the hawks again after dominating first round 4 - 0
5th year - almost collapsed in the first round (1 goal away from making history) then completely get blown out on the road against the Bruins and loss game 7 on home ice
6th year - 1st round loss.

2 wins in the last 10 playoff games.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.