The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stop Avoiding The Obvious: Its Time For A Mini-Rebuild

jonnycanuck46

This team has gotten pretty close to a cup, I'm not sure if you'll want to get rid of Kesler so soon. When he's healthy he can still be a threat. Edler, Tanev, Higgins, Lappiere should all be kept. Edler and Tanev are still young while Lappiere and Higgins provide us with secondary scoring on the third/fourth line

The Kings this year like the Bruins did last year and the Blackhawks did two seasons ago were able to explote the Canucks weaknesses. I get tired of people saying we were beat by a better team. I have waited 41 years for the Canucks to bring home a Stanely Cup. I am getting tired of the same tired old arguements. The Canucks know what their weaknesses are it is up to MG to make the moves to strengthen those weaknesses, otherwise he will be losing a lot of us fans that have been so patient over the years.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BuckFoston

You obviously know hockey. If you can explain what this means to the bandwagoneer groupies that throw their final brain cells to support a goalie that looks great because Luongo allowed him to look great would be appreciated.

I predict the ginger love honeymoon will last only two or three months next season.

Canucks could use a mini-build, or "re-tooling".

You can't build a perfect team overnight.

Many teams don't have as good of a team as we do.

We could use another top-6 forward, as well as a top-4 RH defenceman.

Preferably a top-line forward, and a "No. 1 D".

Problem is that its not that simple to just go out and get one of these players.

Everyone will want a piece of Suter or Parise this summer. Only 1 of 30 teams, will actually

sign the player.

MG has some work to do. This lineup needs some tinkering.

IMO it needs an "injection" of young skill.

We won't really know, until this goaltending situation plays out.

How he handles this Luongo/Schneider situation, I think will

make or break his career (not the Hodgson deal).

Other than the Sedins, and Hamhuis. I'd imagine everyone else is available (at the right price).

While he's not shopping them, I reckon MG would consider moving either Edler or Kesler,

IF it made our team better overall.

It's the fan base that needs a rebuild and probably more of a cancer than any player on the team.

Gotta love the wild speculation passed off as fact and the fact that each year a different player is bashed no matter how they perform and other players who are put on ridiculously high pedestals until they falter then they become the center of insults.

You babble a lot and seem to post sometimes for the sake of posting but .. meh, it's a slow summer and gives us all something to do and this time I actually agree with your general thought here.

This team needs to address the top 6 badly. It's crap, same as our D. I honestly don't know how we won the president's trophy. Well it's all the depth that allows us to keep winning when the hockey is not serious. In order to win the serious playoff games we need to be more skilled. Whether you interpret that as size, speed, whatever, we need real players as compared to 10 guys that are pretty fair at everthing but not overly skilled at any facet that puts the puck in the back of the net.

Where I disagree, KB shouldn't be untoucable at all but whatever.

Also, I did start a thread a while back that the Burrows situation is very tricky. The sedins already make things tricky because we have $12.2 mil locked up in one entity ... apparently these guys aren't good enough or aren't capable of being split up so it really reduces our ability to put star talent on two lines. That's why our second line sucks so much.

Now, if MG retains Burrows at $3.75 mil and figures that our top 6 is good then or that we have too much money locked up there already ... we are screwed. I am quite worried about this. Not liking out top 6 at all. :frantic:

Torres is not the answer, he wanted a multi year deal, I'm glad he walked.

Our bottom six wasn't the reason we lost to LA, that is solely blamed on our top 6. Our 3rd and 4th lines against LA played great. Once again our top 6 failed to produce. That has to be the thing we fix for next season.

What really needs to be re-built on this team is the SCOUTING STAFF!! Other then Gradin they all should be fired and replaced. For too many years now they have missed the boat on talent from this province and talent developed in this province. Their picks seem to be constantly under-whelming and do not tend to pan out near often enough!

Lost any credibility right there regardless of what other drivel is contained in your post. You have absolutely no proof of that nor even any indication that that is so other than the percolating septic mess between your ears which unfortunately escapes through your fingers and onto this board.

Stop trying to pass your fever addled brain farts off as facts.........this is not the first time you have tried to do so and people are beginning to catch on....finally.

Luongo is a cancer in the sense that he gets to play even though Schneider is out performing him. The teammates think this is unfair to Schneider and thus play more poorly in front of Luongo. They always say the best players need to play and deserve to play.

Luongo gets his spot taken, and even though the replacement in the playoffs was to spark the team, Luongo states that he doesn't mind getting traded. What kind of a team player is that? Right after a loss, he wants to ditch the team already.

Now that teams know he wants out, Gillis is forced to make a move allowing other GMs to sit back and wait for Gillis to force a trade.

CANCER

Archived