100 replies to this topic

#31 E-ROD

E-ROD

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:36 PM

Luongo is a cancer.... :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard:

#32 Shensmobile

Shensmobile

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

Luongo is a cancer in the sense that he gets to play even though Schneider is out performing him. The teammates think this is unfair to Schneider and thus play more poorly in front of Luongo.

If this were the case, I would say trade everyone. True professionals play hard, 100% of the time. I guess you're just some guy at home on his computer who has this demented sense that you only work hard when you want to, but that's not the case. I run a business and no matter what, even when you don't like your clients or your job, you work hard anyway. If you hired me to do work, and I moped around and did a poor job because I didn't like you or the job, you would fire my ass right? Don't you think that's how Gillis sees it too?

I'm sorry, if you don't know anything about hockey, or have any common sense, you shouldn't post. The things you've said make the Canucks sound like little babies, but they're grown men.

#33 VMR

VMR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:05 PM

Luongo "officially" being a cancer is based on what?

luu is a cancer?

He waited till the end because it is clearly another "get rid of lu thread".

Luongo is a cancer in the sense that he gets to play even though Schneider is out performing him. The teammates think this is unfair to Schneider and thus play more poorly in front of Luongo. They always say the best players need to play and deserve to play.

Luongo gets his spot taken, and even though the replacement in the playoffs was to spark the team, Luongo states that he doesn't mind getting traded. What kind of a team player is that? Right after a loss, he wants to ditch the team already.

Now that teams know he wants out, Gillis is forced to make a move allowing other GMs to sit back and wait for Gillis to force a trade.

CANCER

Did you ever stop to think they play more defensively in front of Schneider because the feel the need to protect him and play more loose in front of Lu because they can open up more?

Depends on his birthday

Nope, not his sign. His bday was last month.

Edited by VMR, 25 May 2012 - 05:12 PM.

They are my team!
Go Canucks Go!

Posted Image
Thank you VC!!!!!

#34 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

POPULAR

Boy Johnny, your getting bashed here. Guess some are still sensitive about Lou? Loyalty is admirable, but not always smart. Look at MG.

A mini rebuild was started at the deadline? Common logic is when you are trying to win now, you trade for veterans hungry for a cup not prospects barely out of diapers. So MG himself either knew things had to change and a mini rebuild was coming, or was wrong?

And the team played like it was dissapointed out of the gate after the deadline. And guys like Kesler, via his agent, appear to want out with Lou. There is also some more than anecdotal evidence to say the group does need revitalization. Lou, Danny, Hank and Kesler all hod drop off's in performance this year. Hard to project a team improving with the same core if your top 4 players decline, 5 if you include Edler's playoff. I will say this, MG does need at the very least to reign the group back in with moves that generate some confidence.

I have debated what could stir the team. Two years ago, MG made bold moves. It had everybody excited, and forgetting all the politics which are certainly running the town ATM. He let Willie go, and got Ballard. Did not work out, but understandable. Beyond that, brilliant moves. Hamhuis in particular. Manny & Torres established veteran defensive depth and brought 220 & 215 lb bodies that competed. With Manny's injury, one of our key let downs has been neither has been replaced. And with Ballard stuck behind our premium lefty's..., we still need another D. Not that small an order, but really MG really needs to just duplicate those moves.

This off season, players and media have called out MG for bashing Cody, AV for bashing Kesler. They do need a mini rebuild on the model that makes this an atmosphere players want to play. But I do believe talk is talk, and the right moves will have everybody will be back on the same page.

So, unlike many who bash and put up NO input, here is some moves;

Ballard to an emerging team with prospects to spare and credibility needed now. Yield, a decent prospect. Fresh start and fresh cap space. Targets, Phoenix, Florida, Washington?

Lou for either a serviceable physical forward or D, plus a substantial prospect (if the veteran is a forward, the prospect a D) and a pick. Load up the young assets, here and with Ballard.

Add to our D in the market, hungry veterans who can extend their career with 3rd pair minutes, but can play top 4; Souray, Hannan... Big right side D! Let the prospects coming back bring the talent and fresh legs. Add to the prospects by going hard after Garrison and Schultz.

Give Kassian & Manny / Kess a chance to improve & recover before looking at forwards. Grab a Gaustad if available, otherwise hold your cards. We have lots of talent (and cap space without Lou & Ballard) and cards to use for the right veterans at the deadline.

Hey guys,

In no way am I a "trade the whole team" idiot who is simply going to do what so many morons have proposed before me. I do feel though as though the team is becoming more and more stale as the years go on.

At this point in time, most think it is an overreaction to say it is time to consider dealing some big names, but lets look at what we're up against here:: The league has figured out our system, they know how to shut down the Sedins and Kesler, they know how to infiltrate out defense, and they know AV's coaching style. Not to mention they know Roberto's flaws.

I think it is key that we keep Cory because he's one of only a handful of Canucks who have not been "figured out" by other teams.

I will not offer a useless proposal on this topic, but I will bring to light that yes, we had a lot of contributing factors to last years demise, but truth is, our team is no longer fresh, and I feel that the "window" is closing. I never believed in the "window" in the past, but I see why it was penned, for teams like us.

Look at Detroit in the late 90's. They had an aging core, they knew it was slowing down, so they developed Zetterberg and Datsyuk who immediately took the team and freshened it. Now I know we say we can do that too, but so many of our prospects are years away from making an impact, especially while the twins are still around.

I will make a list of players who I think should LEVEL 1) be left UNTOUCHED LEVEL 2) be expendable or LEVEL 3) be dealt as soon as possible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LEVEL 1 Players:)

The Sedins: still our core, and still untouchable. Should consider dealing them in 5 years or so.

Cory Schneider: The future face of the franchise: young, cheap, skilled, and composed. Should not be traded whatsoever.

Hamhuis and Bieksa: Arguably a second pairing, these guys have great chemistry and provide the Canucks with depth on D. Contracts are a little pricey, but these guys have become close to core players.

Alex Burrows: This guy is by far the greatest bargain. Perhaps our only true clutch player at the moment as well.

Nicklas Jensen: This kid is looking more and more like a star. Will play a key role in the future.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LEVEL 2 Players:)

Ryan Kesler: The "beast" is hardly that anymore. While injuries may have caused him to lose productivity somewhat, the injury bug has hit and hit hard. He also has trouble finding chemistry with almost everyone. His bad attitude has caused problems as well.

David Booth: Same issue as Kesler (without the attitude), his large contract may be hard to move, but he still has trade value.

Chris Higgins: Valuable to the team in so many ways, pushing on the door of being untouchable, but his services are replacable if his production drops.

Lapierre, Hansen, Edler, Salo, Tanev: Same issue here: These guys play their roles well, but could be packaged if a deal is proposed that knocks the team's socks off.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LEVEL 3 Players:)

Roberto Luongo: Has officially become the "cancer" in the room. Unfortunately for him, his comments and the media have put him on a "must trade" basis with the team. He is no longer an elite goaltender, but his contract is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. If it wasn't for the emergence of Schneider, there would be no question who is our number #1 goalie.

Keith Ballard: No question here: his contract vs. his output is unacceptable. Make a trade similar to Ehrhoff in San Jose.

Thoughts?

Jon

#35 NucksBruins

NucksBruins

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:42 PM

luu is a cancer?

Luongo is an Aries.
Posted Image

#36 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

Without Loungo, we won't be seeing Stanley come to Vancouver in this lifetime.

Who Lu settles down with, he'll always be the best goalie Vancouver ever had and I will cheer for him.

Vancouver Goalie Graveyard. Next up......Cory

You have to be a true bandwagoneer if you buy Mike's line about looking for the right deal to trade Luongo.

True fans and hockey diehards know, that is double talk for, "Luongo is a high ticket commodity now or next year, we'll keep him around just in case Schneider turns out to be a lemon and chokes games."

And choke he will.

I know this. I'm never wrong.

#37 Bob Singh

Bob Singh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:51 PM

Who Lu settles down with, he'll always be the best goalie Vancouver ever had and I will cheer for him.

I agree +1. but i would give +50 if i could
Posted Image
Credit for "Great Save Luongo" sig goes to -Vintage Canuck-
Credit for Olympic sig goes to Motzaburger.

#38 Bob Singh

Bob Singh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

The whole Level 3 except Ballard is BS.

Edited by Bob Singh, 25 May 2012 - 07:00 PM.

Posted Image

#39 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

Schnieder is cheap? Sedins should be dealt in 5 years?

you dont say?
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#40 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

take a chill pill please and read the damn post before resorting to childish attacks

Considering the blatantly ridiculous comment about Luo is right at the very end of your post.....it's safe to say I did read 'the damn post'. And it changes absolutely nothing about the content of my response post.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#41 Bob Singh

Bob Singh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:51 PM

I am pretty sure everyone is against the OP.
Posted Image

#42 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

POPULAR

You're an idiot. Luongo was the best player on this team this year. Grow up!

#43 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

Depends on his birthday

/thread
/CDC
/interwebz

no duh.

You win the internet, EOM.

#44 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

He should start his own team. Call themselves the Vancouver Luongos. You could be the president of their fan club. You could burn all of your Canucks gear and replace it with Vancouver Luongos gear.
Sound a little hyperbolic? So does "Without Loungo, we won't be seeing Stanley come to Vancouver in this lifetime."
Luo's really good. Top notch. Schneider's really good too. We're in good hands either way.
Keep Calm. Carry On.

no duh.

#45 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,998 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

Never trade Sedins

How do you know lu is a cancer?

Raymond NEEDS to go

2qn360i.jpg

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#46 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,998 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:08 PM

I am pretty sure everyone is against the OP.

Really?

2qn360i.jpg

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#47 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:08 PM

And the team played like it was dissapointed out of the gate after the deadline. And guys like Kesler, via his agent, appear to want out with Lou.

The first part is the only part I almost agreed with a little bit, and then POW!!! Kesler appears to want out????
That is a very special kind of reading between the lines. The kind that is usually indicative of a bad case of Syphilis.

no duh.

#48 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

Luo a cancer?
Keslers bad attitude?
Higgins borders on untouchable but hey what the heck....he is pretty easy to replace?
This is a mini rebuild?
And finally 'the morons in previous post'?
I have read some of your posts before and trust me you definately fit into that moron category and should be traded for a 6th grader with more insight. You are definately straight out of the movie ' Dumb and Dumber'.

Edited by bluesman60, 25 May 2012 - 08:55 PM.

#49 Gino Odjick

Gino Odjick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

GUYS! I have an Idea. Let's trade away the whole team but not actually. AMIRITE?!?!

#50 It's Bieksa's Fault

It's Bieksa's Fault

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:56 PM

GUYS! I have an Idea. Let's trade away the whole team but not actually. AMIRITE?!?!

I hear Toronto is in the market for an NHL team.

#51 BenSurgeon

BenSurgeon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:13 PM

I wouldn't call it a mini rebuild but there is no question that the Canucks have holes to fill. They need a top six forward and a top four defenseman. They have to get more "greasy" in the bottom six so other teams stop taking liberties with the Sedins. The other question is how long will Kessler be out of the lineup. No sense in bringing him back too early and have him reinjurued. If he is out for half a season who will fill in for him?
Ben Surgeon

#52 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:44 AM

A mini rebuild is a must? I don't think so. Almost everything in your post is just your love or hate towards certain players, and not based on what's best for the team.
Posted ImagePosted Image
---------------------------------------------------

#53 needtogetswole

needtogetswole

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:47 AM

this post went to the crap's when you said luongo was a cancer and not elite?

#54 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:48 AM

Luongo "officially" being a cancer is based on what?

The same standard that management applied to Hodgson.

#55 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:27 AM

Luongo single handedly gives us that mini rebuild if done properly by Gillis. Luongo will fetch us a couple young, NHL ready players and a prospect or two. Exactly like Philly did with Carter and Richards. That's all this team really needs. A cheap, young, difference maker(s) like we see in NJ, NY, Philly and LA as of right now, for example.

The Canucks prospect pool sucks anyway. Luongo's departure can help us in this sense.
Posted Image

#56 Kola Nuts

Kola Nuts

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:36 AM

Luongo single handedly gives us that mini rebuild if done properly by Gillis. Luongo will fetch us a couple young, NHL ready players and a prospect or two. Exactly like Philly did with Carter and Richards. That's all this team really needs. A cheap, young, difference maker(s) like we see in NJ, NY, Philly and LA as of right now, for example.

The Canucks prospect pool sucks anyway. Luongo's departure can help us in this sense.

Yep. Ideally this is what would happen in such a trade. Probably not young stars, but guys like Simmonds in PHI.

Posted Image

#57 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:38 AM

Yep. Ideally this is what would happen in such a trade. Probably not young stars, but guys like Simmonds in PHI.

ya, exactly. That's pretty much what I'm hoping for. It's realistic
Posted Image

#58 Clonedanielsedin

Clonedanielsedin

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:46 AM

yeah yeah yeah blah blah blah same old thread year after year.........

If the league had this team figured out, why did they make it to the finals a couple seasons ago? That's right, only the Bruins did against an injury riddled team with the refs hugging Cam Neely's ball sack.

The LA Kings seemed destined to win the cup this year, the Canucks were the only team that gave them any real competition in these playoffs, aside from games 1 and 2 of course.

So lets take a step back from the panic button and look at the big picture for a moment.

Edited by NoSpeakaEnglesh, 26 May 2012 - 01:48 AM.

#59 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:52 AM

yeah yeah yeah blah blah blah same old thread year after year.........

If the league had this team figured out, why did they make it to the finals a couple seasons ago? That's right, only the Bruins did against an injury riddled team with the refs hugging Cam Neely's ball sack.

The LA Kings seemed destined to win the cup this year, the Canucks were the only team that gave them any real competition in these playoffs, aside from games 1 and 2 of course.

So lets take a step back from the panic button and look at the big picture for a moment.

Just for the sake of discussion. This obviously isn't going to happen. Nothing significant anyway. And like I said, trading Luongo which probably will happen gives us a 'mini rebuild'. Similar to the Flyers getting Voracek and Simmonds. A huge face of the franchise out for two new young faces.
Posted Image

#60 Clonedanielsedin

Clonedanielsedin

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:56 AM

I would really like to see Luongo stay, there is nothing wrong with this team.

You people are spoiled and annoying lol. This is the best team Vancouver has ever had.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.