Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 6 votes

Stop Avoiding The Obvious: Its Time For A Mini-Rebuild

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
100 replies to this topic

#91 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

You babble a lot and seem to post sometimes for the sake of posting but .. meh, it's a slow summer and gives us all something to do and this time I actually agree with your general thought here.

This team needs to address the top 6 badly. It's crap, same as our D. I honestly don't know how we won the president's trophy. Well it's all the depth that allows us to keep winning when the hockey is not serious. In order to win the serious playoff games we need to be more skilled. Whether you interpret that as size, speed, whatever, we need real players as compared to 10 guys that are pretty fair at everthing but not overly skilled at any facet that puts the puck in the back of the net.

Where I disagree, KB shouldn't be untoucable at all but whatever.

Also, I did start a thread a while back that the Burrows situation is very tricky. The sedins already make things tricky because we have $12.2 mil locked up in one entity ... apparently these guys aren't good enough or aren't capable of being split up so it really reduces our ability to put star talent on two lines. That's why our second line sucks so much.

Now, if MG retains Burrows at $3.75 mil and figures that our top 6 is good then or that we have too much money locked up there already ... we are screwed. I am quite worried about this. Not liking out top 6 at all. :frantic:

Edited by Dogbyte, 06 June 2012 - 10:33 AM.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#92 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:38 AM

Dam I love it when people get so worked up over a little Luongo bashing :lol:

Bought it!

Hook, line, and sinker. :towel:

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#93 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

Torres is not the answer, he wanted a multi year deal, I'm glad he walked.

Our bottom six wasn't the reason we lost to LA, that is solely blamed on our top 6. Our 3rd and 4th lines against LA played great. Once again our top 6 failed to produce. That has to be the thing we fix for next season.

Torres also had 15 goals and 16 assists on the third line and brought the physicality and game changing ability. We took a step backward on that one.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#94 onesmallleap

onesmallleap

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:11 PM

What really needs to be re-built on this team is the SCOUTING STAFF!! Other then Gradin they all should be fired and replaced. For too many years now they have missed the boat on talent from this province and talent developed in this province. Their picks seem to be constantly under-whelming and do not tend to pan out near often enough!

#95 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,317 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

garbage post deserves a garbage response.
Posted Image

#96 fourlinesdeep

fourlinesdeep

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

Lost any credibility right there regardless of what other drivel is contained in your post. You have absolutely no proof of that nor even any indication that that is so other than the percolating septic mess between your ears which unfortunately escapes through your fingers and onto this board.

Stop trying to pass your fever addled brain farts off as facts.........this is not the first time you have tried to do so and people are beginning to catch on....finally.

You dont need to have direct quotes or to have heard it from the players... its common sense? if the best player isnt geting played the team wont like it, thats not just the canucks, thats not just nhl, thats not just hockey, thats not just sports, its life. The best deserve to get the job, and if they dont, it pisses people off. I dont agree with most of what is said in this thread and i dont know if Luongo is a "CANCER" per say but i do think he needs to be dealt.

I cant believe people are still sticking by Luongo on this.. The guy has been good for us, but its time we move on, Schneider is better, and will only get better, while luongo is geting worse.

Edited by fourlinesdeep, 06 June 2012 - 05:32 PM.

The new West Coast Express.

#97 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

If you don't want to be here, I agree, you are a cancer
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#98 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

I stopped reading when you said that we should trade the Sedins in five years.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#99 MrsCanuck

MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:11 AM

Lol
Posted Image

#100 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

Luongo is a cancer in the sense that he gets to play even though Schneider is out performing him. The teammates think this is unfair to Schneider and thus play more poorly in front of Luongo. They always say the best players need to play and deserve to play.

Luongo gets his spot taken, and even though the replacement in the playoffs was to spark the team, Luongo states that he doesn't mind getting traded. What kind of a team player is that? Right after a loss, he wants to ditch the team already.

Now that teams know he wants out, Gillis is forced to make a move allowing other GMs to sit back and wait for Gillis to force a trade.

CANCER

The only thing stupider than your post are the 9 bozos that liked it. How you can make the moronic statement that I have bolded is beyond me? Are you in the room? You have insider knowledge? No you don't. The only cancer we should be talking about is the growing tumour of morons on the CDC.

258o0g4.jpg

#101 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:25 PM

So true. It's such a poor representation of the Canuck fan base when fans are making up fake facts and believe it so much they have convinced themselves it's true. And then have more fans read what they wrote and then the start passing it off like they were there. I'm all for playing the better goalie but to go around speculating something you made up in your head as if it actually happened merely for the sole purpose of spreading hate is a bit delusional and happens far too often in this market.

The only thing stupider than your post are the 9 bozos that liked it. How you can make the moronic statement that I have bolded is beyond me? Are you in the room? You have insider knowledge? No you don't. The only cancer we should be talking about is the growing tumour of morons on the CDC.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.