Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 15 votes

By Resigning Av, Gillis And Aquilini's Showed Us Fans That They Don't Care About Winning

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
171 replies to this topic

#151 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:58 AM

Gillis makes the wrong call.

#152 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:50 AM

Actually, OP is 100% true. If Canucks management let AV resign, MG and the Aquillinis would show fans they don't care about winning. Good thing they re-signed him.

I wouldn't give him more than the league minimun. I mean, there's no way AV is getting into the line-up is there?

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#153 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

:huh: ...Again by putting quotations around what you think i said you're putting words in my mouth. Never did i say ''it's all the players fault'' nor did i say ''none of it is the coaches fault''.

What i said was, ''People who blame the coach for the players obvious shortcomings are delusional'' right after i said why the Canucks didn't show up offensively -- which were the short comings i was referring to.

Also i didn't blame just the players, i also mentioned how injuries were a big factor as well.

Now i won't dispute the fact that there were coaching mistakes. But the arguments some had given were not all coaching mistakes, which was the point of my argument...

"This falls completely on the players shoulders" Happy now?

How can you absolve him of all the problems the Canucks had scoring goals? Whats the coaches job? Prepare, motivate, adjust. Done correctly your team will score more goals yes?

The powerplay dissapears. Is that entirely on the players? No, of course not. The coaching staff has to recognize what has broken down and fix it, especially since it was so vital to their success. A competent coaching staff cannot allow this to happen.

If you have players that are struggling offensively, then part of the coaches responsibility is to find a way to motivate them. We always hear about how good coaches get the most out of their players. We never see AV talking to any of them.

You cant do what AV does and continue to plunk them into the same spot, assuming they will figure it out on their own. Thats what he has been doing and it doesnt work. Edler was obviously struggling. What does AV do? He keeps giving him the same ice time and playing him in the same role like nothing is amiss. This is insanity.

#154 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

Does this thread make any sense?

Wait, wait. I know this one . . . no. Final answer.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#155 Li'l Fra

Li'l Fra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

I'm sure they don't care about whining.

...oh wait. What are we talking about?

#156 b-mo

b-mo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

how do i give a thread negative stars? when your coach is winningest in team history in a fairly short amount of time, youre doing something great. translating that success to playoffs is tough, but it's even tough to turn a mediocre hockey team into a cup winner so i think ill take my chances with the guy who leads us to the presidents cup trophy lol
Posted Image

#157 John Garret's moustache

John Garret's moustache

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

My post: Facts
Your post: Speculation and false hope.

I can definitely tell why Canuck fans are the most hated in all of NHL.

And last i check consistently failing in the playoffs makes the team mediocre. Not a winner.

No. non-loyal fans like you are the reason we are hated.

want some fun facts?

Gillis and Vingneault have led us to back-to-back presidents trophies. Ask me, not re-signing them would be proving we didn't care about winning, after all... isn't the presidents trophy awarded to the winningest team in the NHL???

Vingeault has molded the sedins from 80 point scorers to 100 point scorers.

Vigneault has taken Kesler and Burrows, former shutdown 3rd liners, and made one a 40+ goal scorer, and one a 30+ goal scorer.

Vingeault is the winningest coach in Canucks history, despite having an only 6 year tenure with the club.

Gillis brought us Ehrhoff, Torres, Malhotra, Higgins and Lappierre, ask me, those 5 players were pretty important players that time when we were 1 win shy of the Stanley Cup.

You sir, are an embarrassment and the reason Canucks fans are seen as whiney bitching losers. One bad season after our staff literally made us a cup contending team, and re-signing them means our organization hates winning. Do you realize the words that come out of your mouth or are you just stupid?
Posted Image

Thanks to Vintage Canuck. for the sick Zeppelin sig!

#158 grumpworsley

grumpworsley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:14 PM

typical CDC fans.

Tell the truth and be crucified.

Sell false hope and it's go canucks whooo...LMFAO.

this thread speaks the truth.

Typical Childish assertion . This is your opinion my opinion happens to differ then yours hopefully by the end of next season you can eat these words.
And if you hadn't noticed the Kings aren't a joke they are a legitimate Stanley cup team. So making it to the SCF winning the presidents trophy two years running and losing to possibly the Stanley cup winners Is a bad resume? I think any team in this league would love to have a coach like AV he brings a winning record to Vancouver and brought us as close as any other coach in the past to a cup. There were a lot of reasons why Vancouver didn't win last year and I think coaching was the least of them.

#159 puckluv

puckluv

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:56 PM

all this talk reminds me, we need one super star D...just sayin'

Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation. Michael Jordon

#160 Spoderman

Spoderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:16 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Credit to BananaMash for both

STHS GM Anaheim Ducks

#161 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:47 AM

"This falls completely on the players shoulders" Happy now?

How can you absolve him of all the problems the Canucks had scoring goals? Whats the coaches job? Prepare, motivate, adjust. Done correctly your team will score more goals yes?

The powerplay dissapears. Is that entirely on the players? No, of course not. The coaching staff has to recognize what has broken down and fix it, especially since it was so vital to their success. A competent coaching staff cannot allow this to happen.

If you have players that are struggling offensively, then part of the coaches responsibility is to find a way to motivate them. We always hear about how good coaches get the most out of their players. We never see AV talking to any of them.

You cant do what AV does and continue to plunk them into the same spot, assuming they will figure it out on their own. Thats what he has been doing and it doesnt work. Edler was obviously struggling. What does AV do? He keeps giving him the same ice time and playing him in the same role like nothing is amiss. This is insanity.

Read my post, please.

"This falls completely on the players shoulders" - I wrote this right after i was blaming the players for their lack of offensive production, they did not perform, the system was there and it had been fine before the playoffs, or in the 3 other series leading up to the Boston series.

''How can you absolve him of all the problems'' - I clearly said that i did think AV made some coaching mistakes. Again, read my post.

''Now i won't dispute the fact that there were coaching mistakes. But the arguments some had given were not all coaching mistakes, which was the point of my argument'' - Those were my exact words.

The PP did fail, did you not know that Newell Brown is in charge of the PP not AV? His same system was #1 in the league for over a year. The players did not execute in the final stretch and into the playoffs this year for whatever reason. Could there have needed some adjustments? Maybe. Again look to Newell Brown not AV.

''You cant do what AV does and continue to plunk them into the same spot, assuming they will figure it out on their own.''

Lol, if you watch Canucks games, you would know that AV has tried every single line in the book, the lines that usually stick are the ones that are most productive. You're not a coach, stop trying to be one.
Posted Image

#162 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:09 AM

Anyone want a fish taco?
Posted Image

#163 miles.p

miles.p

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

called this back in May 2012.

#164 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

I called it way earlier than that.,,,
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#165 wasteofskin

wasteofskin

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

i would rather lose with my team then win with anyother
Religious death, I instigate
From what the bible demonstrates
Does it document creation
Of this hopeless infliction
Of a godless heretic
Not a god-fearing lunatic
That's why it's become my obsession
To treat God like an infection

#166 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

Cool story bro
Posted Image

#167 Mauii

Mauii

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

The OP's point is we have the players/talent, we don't have the effective leadership to take them to the next level and maximize their potential. AV seems uninspired and in turn our players don't look that motivated. It's been commented that there's no energy/emotion on the ice. Whenever we're down, do you ever see our players pumped and motivated coming into the next period. At best, the team may get inspired by "one" player who doesn't want idle in a losing position that might give the other players motivation/energy like Hansen and Hodgson. Hodgson amazingly enough was often successful in getting his team the "W" and against our biggest rivals. He seems to see these as great opportunities for a challenge and thrives on it while the rest of the team well... and what do we do...we trade him and extend AV's contract. So where do we stand now...1st round exit and not too many "W" to speak of. It's time for a change for the coach and the team....the atmosphere has gotten stale, bland and complacent. The coach and team lack heart, inspiration, motivation. Not the makings of a cup contending team.
"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil."

#168 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

No. non-loyal fans like you are the reason we are hated.

want some fun facts?

Gillis and Vingneault have led us to back-to-back presidents trophies. Ask me, not re-signing them would be proving we didn't care about winning, after all... isn't the presidents trophy awarded to the winningest team in the NHL???

Vingeault has molded the sedins from 80 point scorers to 100 point scorers.

Vigneault has taken Kesler and Burrows, former shutdown 3rd liners, and made one a 40+ goal scorer, and one a 30+ goal scorer.

Vingeault is the winningest coach in Canucks history, despite having an only 6 year tenure with the club.

Gillis brought us Ehrhoff, Torres, Malhotra, Higgins and Lappierre, ask me, those 5 players were pretty important players that time when we were 1 win shy of the Stanley Cup.

You sir, are an embarrassment and the reason Canucks fans are seen as whiney bitching losers. One bad season after our staff literally made us a cup contending team, and re-signing them means our organization hates winning. Do you realize the words that come out of your mouth or are you just stupid?

He is just stupid. Like all negative AV threads. One of the most bantered about non-issues on CDC.

Coaching has never been a problem. The facts speak for themselves.

1znsn4k.jpg

Every "Burrow's Special", to Date.

#169 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

We only have 2 forwards capable or showing a willingness to lay a solid body check. it's a joke.

2 guys out of 12.

Volpatti
Kassian

That's it.

Manhandled last night by LA and the night before by SanJose.

How many more years do fans have to watch the Canucks get pushed around ?

its one thing to lose but lose and get pushed around ?

Gillis needs to add some more beasts if he wants to win a war.

Vigneault ? never shows much emotion....no wonder guys like Edler just cruise around half asleep,
imagine trying that sleepy uninterested crap with Torterella ?

overall im happy with Gillis but i would like to see him give AV a couple more monsters , animals , Canadian boys with heart. please.

More playoff hockey against beasts like Clowe, Thorntons etc w/ Raymond,Schroeder,Manny Ebbett,Hansen etc....

We're still too soft. Sorry but that the truth.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#170 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,749 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

An effective method of writing is to analyze what is wrong, why things are going wrong, list the solutions consistent with the issue at hand and recommend what you deem is the best solution based on evidence.

I just see a lot of whining in the original post that doesn't really address the above in any way. A lot of CDC posts are like that.
Posted Image

#171 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

An effective method of writing is to analyze what is wrong, why things are going wrong, list the solutions consistent with the issue at hand and recommend what you deem is the best solution based on evidence.

I just see a lot of whining in the original post that doesn't really address the above in any way. A lot of CDC posts are like that.

^^^^^^ This, this, this, this!!! ^^^^^

Edited by MaximYapierre, 29 January 2013 - 03:34 PM.

/=S=/

#172 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,240 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

miles.p

Please don't bump old threads of yours without little more than an unproven "I told you so".

If you feel the need to make a point, please do. Add something of substance, give details to support your argument, etc. Because, when you don't, it's simply trolling.

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.