The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

S C F: (6) New Jersey Devils Vs. (8) Los Angeles King

I have never been as discouraged about the Canucks' chances of winning a Cup as I am right now.

The Kings are a team that came within one loss of not even making the playoffs and now they're a game away from winning the Stanley Cup, all the while having lost only 2 total games along the way.

The Canucks were the most dominant team in the league a year ago. We had a 2-0 series lead and had 2 chances to get win #4 and we couldn't do it. It was our best chance and with every other team in the league getting better, younger, and stronger while we stay the same, I don't know if we'll ever have that chance again.

So should the plan be NOT gunning for the Presidents Cup once again, instead, for the last half the season, rest the stars, bring up rookies? That way we probably loose more games and can drop down to where we learn to fight for every point, come into the playoffs hungry like LA... and have the bonus of rested stars and development playing time for our rookies. :)

Kings were built for the playoffs this season. They're basically a mirror image of Boston but bigger and less dirty play.

They have the recipe for success down pat, and if their team stays the same and is coached the same next season they'll run away with another Cup title. They may not be built for the regular season, but if they make the playoffs again next season they'll go far once again.

P.S That first goal should not of counted, the refs are giving no respect to the best goalie to play the game and it's disgusting. He had the puck covered for a few good seconds and the ref was behind him so clearly couldn't see the puck anyway, but let Kings players bang away regardless. Shouldn't have been a goal, but on the flipside the NJ defence should of bowled the Kings forwards over. That's the difference right now - DEFENCE.

I have never been as discouraged about the Canucks' chances of winning a Cup as I am right now.

The Kings are a team that came within one loss of not even making the playoffs and now they're a game away from winning the Stanley Cup, all the while having lost only 2 total games along the way.

The Canucks were the most dominant team in the league a year ago. We had a 2-0 series lead and had 2 chances to get win #4 and we couldn't do it. It was our best chance and with every other team in the league getting better, younger, and stronger while we stay the same, I don't know if we'll ever have that chance again.

Guest BuckFoston

The one team that could've actually given them a run for their money and they go down faster than a cheap hooker.

Somebody pass me a handful of food stamps, it's going to be that kind of summer.

Archived