The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

S C F: (6) New Jersey Devils Vs. (8) Los Angeles King

Out of all the goalies LA faced, I'd confidently say Smitty was way better than Quick, but because of Coyotes lack of offense his efforts went unnoticed. Nevermind that every game he made 35-45 saves and still managed to get a shutout. When you face that many shots, something is bound to go in no matter how good you are. His 36 save shutout was much more impressive than Quick's 22 saves.

Out of all the goalies LA faced, I'd confidently say Smitty was way better than Quick, but because of Coyotes lack of offense his efforts went unnoticed. Nevermind that every game he made 35-45 saves and still managed to get a shutout. When you face that many shots, something is bound to go in no matter how good you are. His 36 save shutout was much more impressive than Quick's 22 saves.

I mentioned in a different thread how unlikable Brown is, but now I feel the same way about Quick. What a standoffish character. I understand that the focus is on the game, on winning one at a time and all that jazz... but your team is 15-2 so relax a bit. Continually talking about how a Vezina or a Conn Smyth "mean nothing" and "don't matter" is just plain arrogant and rude. Rinne and Lundqvist talked about how honoured they were to even be nominated, talk about from a child's perspective growing up and wishing big things. And every time Quick is asked he just says he doesn't care. Maybe he deserves the trophies based on his skill alone, it isn't a personality contest after all - but it feels like any other player would be over the moon and grateful.

And now that I look back at the All Star game, he was kind of an a-hole too, kept to himself, players wanted to chat him up and have fun and he would shut them down. Sorry, but the "stars" of this team are very unlikable and it's hard to cheer for people who come off like spoiled brats even if they are playing great.

Archived