The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

S C F: (6) New Jersey Devils Vs. (8) Los Angeles King

Isn't it starting to feel like the Canucks-Bruins series.

You know no matter how much pressure the Devils get, or how many times they break through the Kings D, it doesn't matter cause they can't beat the goalie.

???

One of LA's best players in the playoffs

I agree that its feeling like the Vancouver/Boston final. No scoring for NJ. But its missing all the extra circular activities that the refs let the Bruins get away with. If you watched it last year and were not a home fan of either team, at least there was some entertainment to watch.

Quick's stats are grossly inflated.

Vancouver: A nonexistent powerplay. No Daniel. An injured Kesler. Best offensive weapons were already down prior to the series.

Blues: They just suck offensively. Win by committee.

Coyotes: Garbage offensively as well.

Devils: Not the biggest offensive threat by any means but being shut down left and right and failure to change the PP is costing them there as well.

Guest BuckFoston

I mentioned in a different thread how unlikable Brown is, but now I feel the same way about Quick. What a standoffish character. I understand that the focus is on the game, on winning one at a time and all that jazz... but your team is 15-2 so relax a bit. Continually talking about how a Vezina or a Conn Smyth "mean nothing" and "don't matter" is just plain arrogant and rude. Rinne and Lundqvist talked about how honoured they were to even be nominated, talk about from a child's perspective growing up and wishing big things. And every time Quick is asked he just says he doesn't care. Maybe he deserves the trophies based on his skill alone, it isn't a personality contest after all - but it feels like any other player would be over the moon and grateful.

And now that I look back at the All Star game, he was kind of an a-hole too, kept to himself, players wanted to chat him up and have fun and he would shut them down. Sorry, but the "stars" of this team are very unlikable and it's hard to cheer for people who come off like spoiled brats even if they are playing great.

Guest BuckFoston

Quick's stats are grossly inflated.

Vancouver: A nonexistent powerplay. No Daniel. An injured Kesler. Best offensive weapons were already down prior to the series.

Blues: They just suck offensively. Win by committee.

Coyotes: Garbage offensively as well.

Devils: Not the biggest offensive threat by any means but being shut down left and right and failure to change the PP is costing them there as well.

Archived