The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

S C F: (6) New Jersey Devils Vs. (8) Los Angeles King

Yea, most goaltenders are beaten high these days because of the butterfly stance they're all so accustomed to. The thing is, it's very difficult to lift the puck high in tight. There aren't many players in the league who can do it. Secondly, shots are easier to block when you shoot high instead of low if it's from a perimeter area.

In the playoffs, it's really hard to see those tic tac toe plays which everyone wants. I know they're pretty and the Sedins always pull their magic off, but against a defensively sound team who clogs the slot and takes up passing lanes, those forces aren't going to work. Teams shoot low to create rebounds, which leads to jam plays in front. That's pretty much how you score in the playoffs. Taking the puck hard to to the net or off tip ins. If you watch Parise play closely, you'll notice all his goals are usually around the net. He may not have many goals this series, but he plays the right way. Backes is another good example but it's unfortunate we couldn't obtain him.

The Devils played very well and deserved to win, but it's not like they dominated the Kings. It was another evenly played game and some of the breaks went New Jersey's way this time around. The Devils will take some momentum back to Jersey with them after this win for sure, but if the Kings are able to respond to this loss the way they did their other game 4 losses, they should be fine.

I think both teams will be at their best Saturday night; as long as the Kings continue to play the way they've been playing all playoffs long, it should be good enough to get just one more win and claim the greatest prize in professional sports.

This was sent to a friend who's first name is Igor.. his last name has been changed for this posting. He has had tremendous luck in his hockey pool this spring.. He has LA in 5.. this is how yesterday may have played out....some humor in the dark days of Canucks early exit?

3 PM Pacific Daylight – June 6th, 2012

Gary Bettman in his hotel room(The Plaza):

(personal cell phone rings – ringtone ‘Hail the Chief’

GARY: Good Afternoon – Gary speaking

IGOR: Gary.. it’s Igor

GARY: Now listen up Larionov.. I know that Krutov was a linemate and all but the….

(interrupts)

IGOR: No it’s Igor….. Kozlov.

GARY: oh, oh sorry sir I thought you were Larionov asking about a tribute to Krutov at tonight’s game…

IGOR: No it’s much simpler than that but it is about tonight’s game.

GARY: No sir.. not again!

IGOR: Did you just say no, Gary?

GARY: Sorry sir, no.. I mean yes I did but I didn’t mean it.. really.. what can I do for you?

IGOR: Well, my hockey pool is for me to win it in 5 games, LA of course. So I’d like you to have a chat again with Daryl and Pete…

GARY: Sorry to interrupt, sir but Daryl is going to go ballistic.. he has his family here.. the parade…. the Hollywood party with all the starlets.. I.. I.. can’t do this again!

IGOR: Did you just say… can’t, Gary?!… that’s twice you’ve used negatives when I talk to you.. do you remember last year when you messed up that SCF? The riot…the damage.. do you want that again in LA? If you thought those people were nuts.. just think about it happening in LA.. people have guns there…. Not garbage cans and fences to throw around. You need to listen up…

GARY: Yes sir I’m sorry I was forgetting myself…..

IGOR: OK good I think we can come to another ‘agreement’ here.. am I right?

GARY: Yes sir!

IGOR: Here’s the plan….. NJD: 3 LA: 1.. simple.. right?

GARY: Yes sir

IGOR: Oh and as a tribute to Krutov.. Kovy can score tonight.. I don’t care if it’s in an empty net…. But Henrique gets the winner. Got it?

GARY: Yes sir.

IGOR: I know that Pete will be happier and Daryl.. well he’ll still have his Cup and parade and all that. Too bad about your starlet party in LA though.. maybe next year in New York but don’t mess this one up Gary.. it’s kind of your last chance. You do want the CBA to go smoothly this year.. don’t you??

GARY: Yes sir.. is that all, sir?

IGOR: For now, Gary.. for now.

Just posting for my gramps who passed on Tuesday. Sadly he won't be able to see Willie hoist the chalice. My grandparents and Willies grandparents(Betty and Les) go way back. He was really excited that Willie was going to win it. RIP gramps, hoping you're hitting all the fairways wherever you are.

Finish this tonight Kings!!

Guest BuckFoston

Devils all the way. If they win one more game at least I won't have to switch over to that dang Euro Cup as soon.

Archived