The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's Really Starting To Become A Drag Being A Canucks Fan

nitti999

First of all I love the Canucks always have for thirty years now. I follow them religiously.

But progressively it has gotten worse and worse with the fans and medias perspective regarding this team. If it is not one thing it is the other. All I hear is complaining and finger pointing. He said this. The agent said this. The coach said this. The gm shoud do this. The goaltender sucks. No hes good again now he sucks again. Never freaking happy. And it starts with media. And the fans eat it up and support it

Yes it is great to be passionate. Yes we want a Stanley cup. But if I had to go to war with the average Canuck fan backing me up.LORD HELP ME.

Our current Canuck team has shown us a ton to be happy about. Look at the Leafs. Hocket central no playoffs for years. All we do is whine and we are never grateful

If you are a true fan start supporting. Stop being so critical. BE A TRUE FAN NOT A CONSTANT CRiTIC

I agree with you.

Personally, I don't want to blame anyone, but focus more on myself individually. If I'm supporting my team through thick and thin, maybe others will catch on and realize that that's the true way to cheer on a hockey team.

I know that Vancouver has a lot of bandwagoners, due to the a lot of rich people thinking that playoffs are the new "cool" thing to do; I also think that the media in Vancouver has been terrible at points, it's too bad that there isn't a way to tell the media to chill - but alas, there isn't.

Anyways, enjoy your evening and thanks for the positive read.

Cheers,

Ti'

I'm starting to look at it as a win win situation - when the Canucks win, it is damn fine, when they don't win, there is always the entertainment value of listening to the whiners, complainers, mopers, and the angry arrogance of those who think they deserve/are entitled to a winning team. ..

i dont think i could have put it better myself. The amount of energy i have had to spend defending this hockey team from its so called fans is tragic. the last 4 years have been the most successful era in the history of this city, but from fan reaction you would think we just finished the 98-99 season and the sedins were coming up in the next draft.

i dont think i could have put it better myself. The amount of energy i have had to spend defending this hockey team from its so called fans is tragic. the last 4 years have been the most successful era in the history of this city, but from fan reaction you would think we just finished the 98-99 season and the sedins were coming up in the next draft.

I'm starting to look at it as a win win situation - when the Canucks win, it is damn fine, when they don't win, there is always the entertainment value of listening to the whiners, complainers, mopers, and the angry arrogance of those who think they deserve/are entitled to a winning team. ..

LATICS-ALLSTAR-CHEERLEADERS1.jpg

Come one come all and cheer for the Canucks!!! You don't have to know anything about hockey

because we don't like fans who discuss the game!! Just show up and you'll be accepted into our fold!!!!

2 - 4 - 6 - 8 Who do we appreciate? Anyone in a Canucks uniform because they are all perfect!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is all comedy to me. I am a hockey fan foremost, if the Canucks lose it doesn't really matter to me. I just follow them more cuz they are my home team but I follow many other teams as well. I suggest some of you do the same since obviously you can't handle your team losing very well. Many people on here seem like they are in dire need of immediate psychiatric help.

I love how the media feeds the fans crap and blows crap up and than blames it all on the fans. Vancouver media sucks!!! it's at the point I can't stand to read, watch or listen to it, the only time I listen to the team 1040 is when I know ahead that the coach/GM/players will be on. But what's getting hard at being a Canuck fan is every time we have a team that can and should win it all never happens, WCE days really sucked we were a goalie away from a cup, now we're an elite #1 D man away and well having big time playoff performers would help too. I doubt this core will win a cup, I think it had it's chance and it was blown, well ride this core to the grave and be heart broken without a cup, or maybe I've come to accepting losing from being a Canuck fan my life.

Oh well Oilers still suck and I can't see them winning with that soft core.

Archived