Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

It's Really Starting To Become A Drag Being A Canucks Fan

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
76 replies to this topic

#1 nitti999

nitti999

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:05 PM

First of all I love the Canucks always have for thirty years now. I follow them religiously.

But progressively it has gotten worse and worse with the fans and medias perspective regarding this team. If it is not one thing it is the other. All I hear is complaining and finger pointing. He said this. The agent said this. The coach said this. The gm shoud do this. The goaltender sucks. No hes good again now he sucks again. Never freaking happy. And it starts with media. And the fans eat it up and support it

Yes it is great to be passionate. Yes we want a Stanley cup. But if I had to go to war with the average Canuck fan backing me up.LORD HELP ME.

Our current Canuck team has shown us a ton to be happy about. Look at the Leafs. Hocket central no playoffs for years. All we do is whine and we are never grateful

If you are a true fan start supporting. Stop being so critical. BE A TRUE FAN NOT A CONSTANT CRiTIC

#2 Tig'ol Bitties

Tig'ol Bitties

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:15 PM

I agree with you.

Personally, I don't want to blame anyone, but focus more on myself individually. If I'm supporting my team through thick and thin, maybe others will catch on and realize that that's the true way to cheer on a hockey team.

I know that Vancouver has a lot of bandwagoners, due to the a lot of rich people thinking that playoffs are the new "cool" thing to do; I also think that the media in Vancouver has been terrible at points, it's too bad that there isn't a way to tell the media to chill - but alas, there isn't.

Anyways, enjoy your evening and thanks for the positive read.

Cheers,
Ti'

3Goktj2.jpg

#3 BobHo

BobHo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:19 PM

Agreed sir- there always seem to be new problems that rise what another is resolved

#4 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:23 PM

Getting an early exit during playoff season really shows CDC's true colours.

Edited by hyZar, 25 May 2012 - 11:24 PM.

#5 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,134 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:28 PM

I'm starting to look at it as a win win situation - when the Canucks win, it is damn fine, when they don't win, there is always the entertainment value of listening to the whiners, complainers, mopers, and the angry arrogance of those who think they deserve/are entitled to a winning team. ..

#6 BoKnows53

BoKnows53

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:33 PM

The only good thing about losing so early is having 6 months to finally fully recover from Craig Simpson and the entire CBC crew spewing pure hatred and verbal diarreah at our team.

#7 shimy1

shimy1

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:41 PM

i dont think i could have put it better myself. The amount of energy i have had to spend defending this hockey team from its so called fans is tragic. the last 4 years have been the most successful era in the history of this city, but from fan reaction you would think we just finished the 98-99 season and the sedins were coming up in the next draft.

#8 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:42 PM

Deal with it or cheer for another team

#9 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:42 PM

I really think re-signing AV was a huge mistake. This franchise needs a bit of a shakeup and a new coach would be the best way to do it
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#10 TwinTelepathy

TwinTelepathy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:45 PM

I really think re-signing AV was a huge mistake. This franchise needs a bit of a shakeup and a new coach would be the best way to do it

Yea I wouldnt mind Crow or Pat Quinn back in action.

#11 TwinTelepathy

TwinTelepathy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:46 PM

Go Lions! Grey Cup champs 2 years straight?! BELIEVE.

#12 Boneman

Boneman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:06 AM

It all starts with getting Tony Gallagher fired

#13 Boneman

Boneman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:08 AM

i dont think i could have put it better myself. The amount of energy i have had to spend defending this hockey team from its so called fans is tragic. the last 4 years have been the most successful era in the history of this city, but from fan reaction you would think we just finished the 98-99 season and the sedins were coming up in the next draft.

Why do you feel the need to defend your hockey team on a message board filled with a bunch of morons who probably have never played the game of hockey and sit on their ass all day saying " 2 girls 1 cup". The Canucks are big boys and don't need defending.

#14 Standing_Tall#37

Standing_Tall#37

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,272 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:10 AM

I'm starting to look at it as a win win situation - when the Canucks win, it is damn fine, when they don't win, there is always the entertainment value of listening to the whiners, complainers, mopers, and the angry arrogance of those who think they deserve/are entitled to a winning team. ..

I know, I can't wait till they go through 25 years of no cups...then they can relate to the rest of us :)

#15 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:12 AM

Even the Leafs have a cup, i think we have the right to be mad and complain.

756ac80c-8542-42cd-b771-2d57edda5a59.jpg

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#16 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:58 AM

Posted Image
Come one come all and cheer for the Canucks!!! You don't have to know anything about hockey

because we don't like fans who discuss the game!! Just show up and you'll be accepted into our fold!!!!

2 - 4 - 6 - 8 Who do we appreciate? Anyone in a Canucks uniform because they are all perfect!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#17 canucktican

canucktican

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:14 AM

Yay!! Screw the media!! Screw the haters!!!! Screw the bandwagoners!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!

Will always be proud of what these guys are doing!

#18 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:18 AM

The only thing worse then the cheerleaders around here is fans complaining about how much they hate our fans and the media.

#19 Clonedanielsedin

Clonedanielsedin

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,361 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:23 AM

It is all comedy to me. I am a hockey fan foremost, if the Canucks lose it doesn't really matter to me. I just follow them more cuz they are my home team but I follow many other teams as well. I suggest some of you do the same since obviously you can't handle your team losing very well. Many people on here seem like they are in dire need of immediate psychiatric help.

#20 AnInconvenienceBrah

AnInconvenienceBrah

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:26 AM

I love how the media feeds the fans crap and blows crap up and than blames it all on the fans. Vancouver media sucks!!! it's at the point I can't stand to read, watch or listen to it, the only time I listen to the team 1040 is when I know ahead that the coach/GM/players will be on. But what's getting hard at being a Canuck fan is every time we have a team that can and should win it all never happens, WCE days really sucked we were a goalie away from a cup, now we're an elite #1 D man away and well having big time playoff performers would help too. I doubt this core will win a cup, I think it had it's chance and it was blown, well ride this core to the grave and be heart broken without a cup, or maybe I've come to accepting losing from being a Canuck fan my life.

Oh well Oilers still suck and I can't see them winning with that soft core.

#21 AnInconvenienceBrah

AnInconvenienceBrah

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:27 AM

The only thing worse then the cheerleaders around here is fans complaining about how much they hate our fans and the media.

no the brown nose cheerleading is still worse, imho.

#22 AnInconvenienceBrah

AnInconvenienceBrah

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:28 AM

Posted Image
Come one come all and cheer for the Canucks!!! You don't have to know anything about hockey

because we don't like fans who discuss the game!! Just show up and you'll be accepted into our fold!!!!

2 - 4 - 6 - 8 Who do we appreciate? Anyone in a Canucks uniform because they are all perfect!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and next week on how to catch a predator.....

Posted Image

Edited by AnInconvenienceBrah, 26 May 2012 - 01:31 AM.

#23 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:34 AM

I dislike fake "fans" first and foremost-- know this guy who blatantly says, "oh Canucks lost so I'll just jump ship to _____" and another who got into the habit of asking me "did they win tonight?" after every loss last postseason... bandwagoners and trolls tick me off, and the whole "blame Lu" thing is just crazy. If anything I'd put some blame on MG and AV, it's the pieces brought into the room that put on the performances. Much like building a house. You blame the architect for screwy pieces, while at the same time closely scrutinizing each piece but the builder should still get the most attention for the results.

OP, have a break, leave the Internet for awhile (and maybe have a Kit Kat).

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#24 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:41 AM

and next week on how to catch a predator.....

Posted Image

Lol. I should have looked closer at the thumbnail :picard: :

Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:12 AM

We have too many critics, not enough fans. CDC'ers think they actually know what it takes to run a professional hockey team at all levels. Its just ridiculous.

#26 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:32 AM

The only good thing about losing so early is having 6 months to finally fully recover from Craig Simpson and the entire CBC crew spewing pure hatred and verbal diarreah at our team.

I bet they regret that the Canucks were not in it longer now though. Much as I have enjoyed these playoffs there seems to be a lack of the frenzied excitement last years playoffs had with the Canucks.

I'm probably biased but I felt we showed a lot more personality and colour in our team and the scintillating way we played (to be fair so did Boston.....but of a different sort) than these teams.

It seems more about cancelling out than exciting hockey............to me.

I felt a lot went out of the series with the loss of Philly and the Caps.
Kevin.jpg

#27 tereKat

tereKat

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:06 AM

yes i agree. and the vancouver media covering the canucks drive me crazy. they tend to over blow small issues. they obviously need to write about something and sometimes they over-sensationalize. or sometimes, they write like they can coach better than AV or can do a better job than MG.
yup support and appreciate. stop whining. we have a great team.

#28 CoreyPerry

CoreyPerry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:08 AM

why people have gotten very opinionated and vocal with those opinions is that, this window is the best chance we have to win the cup. AV couldn`t do it with the canucks ``dream team``, people realize that this canucks team that has been assembled is the best canucks team ever assembled and our best shot at the cup.... therefore it is either now, or later (who knows when later is)... WE EXPECT A CUP, anything less is a failed season, thats that folks... simple as that

PS our farm team does not have any gems coming up, only big name to truly be excited about coming up is Jensen... Gillis needs to make some bold moves this offseason especially if Cap goes up by the rumored 4 mill .... (my wish list includes Schultz, Garrison, Parise, Parenteau, Fraser, Jokinen, Doan) and of course suter but i figured everybody had em of course to fit these guys we`d have to get rid of multiple contracts, booth and ballard being the standout contracts that we would get rid of

PPS if gillis qualifies raymond..... UGGHHHH :sadno: :sick:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Credit to CanucksBen for Kassian sig

#29 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:08 AM

To sum up the OP:

The Canucks are the good guys, and the "fans" are the bad guys. The good guys are always right and the bad guys are always wrong.

Furthermore, since there is no distinction between constructive criticism, insults or defeatism, I will crucify you because its all the same, blasphemous.

#30 canuckelhead70

canuckelhead70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:51 AM

Even the Leafs have a cup, i think we have the right to be mad and complain.

It's a little easier to win the cup when there are only 6 teams in the league. The Leafs have just as many cups as the Canucks have since the Canucks came into the NHL.

Edited by canuckelhead70, 26 May 2012 - 04:52 AM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.