Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Canucks Essay

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 Not A Fruit

Not A Fruit

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:18 AM

Hi everyone, I am in middle school (sorry to all the kid haters here) and am working on a speech I need to present. I have been a Canuck fan since 2011, so I am obviously new. Criticism/help would be very appreciated.

The Canucks have been my favorite team since the 2011 playoffs. I have followed them in every game since then. I have a special vibe with the Canucks, ever since I started watching them. They are a quality team, who has not won a Stanley Cup (excluding the time when the Vancouver Millionaires won in 1915)
The Canucks have a better hockey than Buffalo. The Canucks have come within one win of winning Lord Stanley, while the Buffalo Sabres have not. The Canucks have been the president’s trophy winners for the past two years, while Buffalo hasn’t even made the playoffs in the past year. The amount of years both organizations have been active are about the same, but the Canucks have had the better chances of winning the Stanley Cup (In 1994, and 2011) The evidence shown should provide a strong argument against Buffalo being better than the Canucks. The Canucks have been to game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals 2 times, while Buffalo has NEVER come close to being in game 7 in the finals. Being the best team in the league 2 years in a row also helps.
The Canucks have a better team than Washington. Obviously, these teams are both top performers, but Washington has only been to the Stanley Cup finals once, when they were swept 4-0 versus Detroit. Today, Washington is a very good team, but cannot compare to being the top performer the Canucks are. In total, the Canucks have won 6 Stanley Cup finals games, and Washington hasn’t even won one. Washington has never been close to winning the Stanley Cup, which is obvious as they were swept by Detroit during the 1997-1998 season. Although Detroit was a good team, Washington should of at least won 1 or 2 games. The Canucks have come to one game of winning, TWICE. Which proves the Canucks have had more success in the past 40 years. Vancouver has a better team than the St Louis Blues. Although St Louis is the second best team without a Stanley Cup, the Canucks are still the best team, without a doubt. St Louis has reached the final 3 times, not winning a single game. They got swept by the Montreal Canadiens 2 years in a row. Next year after that, they got swept by the Bruins in the final 4-0. They have made 3 finals appearances, and didn’t win a single game. From 1970-2012, the St Louis Blues haven’t made the finals and had little to no success. The Canucks have had a lot more success in the playoffs than the Blues, and have won 6 games out of 2 finals appearances. It doesn’t help the Blues to know that the Canucks have had the most points in the past 2 years. To conclude, the Canucks are without a doubt the best team to not win a Stanley Cup yet.
The Canucks have had more playoff success than any other team without a Stanley Cup, I have only listed the teams that are closest to being as good as the Canucks. The Canucks are a better team than Buffalo, Washington, and St Louis as the playoff stats and the regular season stats prove. As this speech proves, the Canucks are the best team yet to win the Stanley Cup. The closest team to being as good is St Louis, but they have had no playoff success in the history of their franchise. I feel the Canucks will win the Stanley Cup very soon, due to the fact that they have been the best team in the past two years. Usually, those types of teams make it far when it comes to the playoffs. I have strong hopes about the 2012-2013 season with the Canucks.
Posted Image
Special Thanks to Twilight Sparkle ^

#2 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

Here's a start. Your essay is more readable when split up. I'm not saying I have put it into bona fide paragraphs but I hope it helps.

"Hi everyone, I am in middle school (sorry to all the kid haters here) and am working on a speech I need to present. I have been a Canuck fan since 2011, so I am obviously new. Criticism/help would be very appreciated.

The Canucks have been my favorite team since the 2011 playoffs. I have followed them in every game since then. I have a special vibe with the Canucks, ever since I started watching them. They are a quality team, who has not won a Stanley Cup (excluding the time when the Vancouver Millionaires won in 1915)

The Canucks have a better hockey than Buffalo. The Canucks have come within one win of winning Lord Stanley, while the Buffalo Sabres have not. The Canucks have been the president’s trophy winners for the past two years, while Buffalo hasn’t even made the playoffs in the past year. The amount of years both organizations have been active are about the same, but the Canucks have had the better chances of winning the Stanley Cup (In 1994, and 2011)

The evidence shown should provide a strong argument against Buffalo being better than the Canucks. The Canucks have been to game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals 2 times, while Buffalo has NEVER come close to being in game 7 in the finals. Being the best team in the league 2 years in a row also helps.

The Canucks have a better team than Washington. Obviously, these teams are both top performers, but Washington has only been to the Stanley Cup finals once, when they were swept 4-0 versus Detroit. Today, Washington is a very good team, but cannot compare to being the top performer the Canucks are. In total, the Canucks have won 6 Stanley Cup finals games, and Washington hasn’t even won one.

Washington has never been close to winning the Stanley Cup, which is obvious as they were swept by Detroit during the 1997-1998 season. Although Detroit was a good team, Washington should of (have not of) at least won 1 or 2 games. The Canucks have come to one game of winning, TWICE. Which proves the Canucks have had more success in the past 40 years.

Vancouver has a better team than the St Louis Blues. Although St Louis is the second best team without a Stanley Cup, the Canucks are still the best team, without a doubt. St Louis has reached the final 3 times, not winning a single game. They got swept by the Montreal Canadiens 2 years in a row. Next year after that, they got swept by the Bruins in the final 4-0. They have made 3 finals appearances, and didn’t win a single game.

From 1970-2012, the St Louis Blues haven’t made the finals and had little to no success. The Canucks have had a lot more success in the playoffs than the Blues, and have won 6 games out of 2 finals appearances. It doesn’t help the Blues to know that the Canucks have had the most points in the past 2 years. To conclude, the Canucks are without a doubt the best team to not win a Stanley Cup yet.

The Canucks have had more playoff success than any other team without a Stanley Cup, I have only listed the teams that are closest to being as good as the Canucks. The Canucks are a better team than Buffalo, Washington, and St Louis as the playoff stats and the regular season stats prove. As this speech proves, the Canucks are the best team yet to win the Stanley Cup. The closest team to being as good is St Louis, but they have had no playoff success in the history of their franchise.

I feel the Canucks will win the Stanley Cup very soon, due to the fact that they have been the best team in the past two years. Usually, those types of teams make it far when it comes to the playoffs. I have strong hopes about the 2012-2013 season with the Canucks."

Good effort, hope you are right about us winning a Stanley Cup soon.

Edited by Bodee, 26 May 2012 - 07:47 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#3 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,551 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:40 AM

What's the point of this thread? Are you asking for help? If that is your essay, I think you should be asking for help.

#4 ABurrows14

ABurrows14

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

What's the point of this thread? Are you asking for help? If that is your essay, I think you should be asking for help.

Dude, really? this is my first post and I've heard some bad things about this place, but this takes the cake...you're insulting a Kid? Really? wow

Atta boy

#5 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

It's not bad, but like the poster above said, I would split it up into more paragraphs. Like first an intro, 3 body paragraphs, and a conclusion or summary of your essay.
Posted Image

#6 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,096 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

Good for your age group.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#7 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

You're just a little ray of sunshine, aren't you?

This is a user in middle school asking for a critique of his essay/speech. Are your reading comprehension skills really that lacking? :rolleyes:

OP - I think Bodee, Jeff and Armada have given you some good critiques........ no point in me repeating them!

And ABurrows14 - hope you brought your flak jacket when you strolled through the door! Welcome to CDC - baptism by fire, as it were! :lol:

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 26 May 2012 - 10:50 AM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#8 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:09 PM

Based on your reading comprehension skills, maybe you should go back to middle school.... how about you write me a better essay than this kid (which you probably can't) and then you can complain about it.
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#9 Brock Lesnar

Brock Lesnar

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

Hi everyone, I am in middle school (sorry to all the kid haters here) and am working on a speech I need to present. I have been a Canuck fan since 2011, so I am obviously new. Criticism/help would be very appreciated.

The Canucks have been my favorite team since the 2011 playoffs. I have followed them in every game since then. I have a special vibe with the Canucks, ever since I started watching them. They are a quality team, who has not won a Stanley Cup (excluding the time when the Vancouver Millionaires won in 1915) The Canucks have a better hockey team than Buffalo. The Canucks have come came within one win of winning Lord Stanley, while the Buffalo Sabres have not. The Canucks have been the president’s trophy winners for the past two years, while Buffalo hasn’t even made the playoffs in the past year. The amount of years both organizations have been active are about the same, but the Canucks have had the better chances of winning the Stanley Cup (In 1982, 1994, and 2011) The evidence shown should provide a strong argument against Buffalo being the better team than the Canucks. The Canucks have been to game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals 2 times, while Buffalo has NEVER come close to being in game 7 in the finals. Being the best team in the league 2 years in a row also helps.

The Canucks Vancouver also has a better team than Washington. Obviously, these teams are both top performers, but Washington has only been to the Stanley Cup finals once, when they were swept 4-0 versus Detroit. Today, Washington is a very good team, but cannot compare to being the top performer the Canucks are. In total, the Canucks have won 6 Stanley Cup finals games, and Washington hasn’t even won one. Washington has never been close to winning the Stanley Cup, which is obvious as they were swept by Detroit during the 1997-1998 season. Although Detroit was a good team, Washington should of at least won 1 or 2 games. The Canucks have come came within one game of winning, TWICE. Which proves the Canucks have had more success in the past 40 years. Vancouver has a better team than the St Louis Blues. Although St Louis is the second best team without a Stanley Cup, the Canucks are still the best team, without a doubt. St Louis has reached the final 3 times, not winning a single game. They got swept by the Montreal Canadiens 2 years in a row. Next The year after that, they got swept by the Bruins in the final 4-0. They have made 3 finals appearances, and didn’t win a single game. From 1971-2012, the St Louis Blues haven’t made the finals and had little to no success. The Canucks have had a lot more success in the playoffs than the Blues, and have won 6 games out of 2 finals appearances. It doesn’t help the Blues to know that the Canucks have had the most points in the past 2 years. To conclude, the Canucks are without a doubt the best team to not win a Stanley Cup yet.

The Canucks have had more playoff success than any other team without a Stanley Cup, I have only listed the teams that are closest to being as good as the Canucks. The Canucks are a better team than Buffalo, Washington, and St Louis as the playoff stats and the regular season stats prove. As this speech proves, the Canucks are the best team yet to win the Stanley Cup. The closest team to being as good is St Louis, but they have had no playoff success in the history of their franchise. I feel the Canucks will win the Stanley Cup very soon, due to the fact that they have been the best team in the past two years. Usually, those types of teams make it far when it comes to the playoffs. I have strong hopes about the 2012-2013 season with the Canucks.

I only bolded a few mistakes. I tried to keep the essay your own.
WHY I'M I DOING YOUR HOMEWORK WHEN I SHOULD BE DOING MY OWN!!

I didn't proof read my edit soooooooooooooo ya

Edited by Brock Lesnar, 27 May 2012 - 08:47 AM.

#10 dura_mater

dura_mater

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:12 PM

Isn't this considered cheating? Yet I still see so many people doing this with their essays.
"BoKnows53"
My stinky team isn't on top of the Standings anymore Waah waaahh, fire everyone because I say so

- New Era Canucks Fans

#11 PENGUINScanFLY

PENGUINScanFLY

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:17 PM

I like this..

Good writing always comes from what interests a person, or what they know. If you can turn any essay into a topic you care about, I guarantee you will get great marks and actually enjoy these kind of assignments. What better than writing about the Canucks, right?

#12 Schneider.Man604

Schneider.Man604

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:23 PM

Wow I wrote an amazing rap about the canucks, and you guys bashed me. This guy writes a semi retarded "essay" as he likes to call it :bored: and ppl are saying "its not bad, it needs a little work but great idea" ::D .

Edited by Schneider.Man604, 16 June 2012 - 12:41 AM.

#13 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:37 PM

Wow I wrote an amazing rap about the canucks, and you guys bashed me. This guy writes a semi retarded "essay" as he likes to call it :bored: and ppl are saying "its not bad, it needs a little work but great idea" ::D .

Well I got a rap about CDC

All you posters on CDC that dont like my raps
i dont give a crap
i just chill and fill
lines like oil mines
spit them rhymes take it back to the old times
I dont stop im chiggity chiggity chillin
its only dope rhymes that I be spillin
Canucks for life
Ya they the best crew
D's got a problem?
Schneider Man to the rescue

This "guy" is a middle school student who was asking for some constructive-criticism on his essay about the Canucks. We are all helping out, seeing as the world can always use more literacy skills. Calm down there Ali-G..

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#14 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:47 PM

I really don't get the Buffalo bashing, what do you have against them? sure they are our franchise brother's but we don't have much to brag about either...maybe talk more about the organization, the hardships we faced and the transformation from being a pretty bad team to being elite..talk about the character guys on the team and the class acts like the Sedins who donated copious amounts of money..your essay just sounds like your bragging about nothing...not trying to insult, just try'na help.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#15 Schneider.Man604

Schneider.Man604

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:54 AM

This "guy" is a middle school student who was asking for some constructive-criticism on his essay about the Canucks. We are all helping out, seeing as the world can always use more literacy skills. Calm down there Ali-G..

LOL ali g? out of all the rappers you can only think of ali g, wow dude why dont you give your self some constructive-critism and construct a way to shut the hell up. :lol:

#16 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,579 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:59 AM

I like this..

Good writing always comes from what interests a person, or what they know. If you can turn any essay into a topic you care about, I guarantee you will get great marks and actually enjoy these kind of assignments. What better than writing about the Canucks, right?

Yeah, I wrote my English 105 final essay on hockey and got a great mark. Of course my professor was a Canuck fan too... :P.

Edited by ajhockey, 27 May 2012 - 01:59 AM.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#17 Wonderine

Wonderine

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:54 AM

Your essay rocks!! Follow the good advice above and continue to have and attitude about writing what you know. Your research is solid utilize the references to get more points. Remember that the negative that flows on these boards, although I do not agree with what is said, is part of the freedoms that the internet allows. Read them all and take the good with you and leave the rest behind.

GO NUCKS!!!!!!

NUFF SAID

#18 jonnycanuck46

jonnycanuck46

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:39 AM

You're just a little ray of sunshine, aren't you?

This is a user in middle school asking for a critique of his essay/speech. Are your reading comprehension skills really that lacking? :rolleyes:

OP - I think Bodee, Jeff and Armada have given you some good critiques........ no point in me repeating them!

And ABurrows14 - hope you brought your flak jacket when you strolled through the door! Welcome to CDC - baptism by fire, as it were! :lol:

Be quiet, BertuzziBabe - in any other post, this would be you
Posted Image

Ephesians 2:7-9

"That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

#19 ken kaniff

ken kaniff

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

The Canucks have a better hockey than Buffalo. The Canucks have come within one win of winning Lord Stanley, while the Buffalo Sabres have not. The Canucks have been the president’s trophy winners for the past two years, while Buffalo hasn’t even made the playoffs in the past year. The amount of years both organizations have been active are about the same, but the Canucks have had the better chances of winning the Stanley Cup (In 1994, and 2011) The evidence shown should provide a strong argument against Buffalo being better than the Canucks. The Canucks have been to game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals 2 times, while Buffalo has NEVER come close to being in game 7 in the finals. Being the best team in the league 2 years in a row also helps.
The Canucks have a better team than Washington. Obviously, these teams are both top performers, but Washington has only been to the Stanley Cup finals once, when they were swept 4-0 versus Detroit. Today, Washington is a very good team, but cannot compare to being the top performer the Canucks are. In total, the Canucks have won 6 Stanley Cup finals games, and Washington hasn’t even won one. Washington has never been close to winning the Stanley Cup, which is obvious as they were swept by Detroit during the 1997-1998 season. Although Detroit was a good team, Washington should of at least won 1 or 2 games. The Canucks have come to one game of winning, TWICE. Which proves the Canucks have had more success in the past 40 years. Vancouver has a better team than the St Louis Blues. Although St Louis is the second best team without a Stanley Cup, the Canucks are still the best team, without a doubt. St Louis has reached the final 3 times, not winning a single game. They got swept by the Montreal Canadiens 2 years in a row. Next year after that, they got swept by the Bruins in the final 4-0. They have made 3 finals appearances, and didn’t win a single game. From 1970-2012, the St Louis Blues haven’t made the finals and had little to no success. The Canucks have had a lot more success in the playoffs than the Blues, and have won 6 games out of 2 finals appearances. It doesn’t help the Blues to know that the Canucks have had the most points in the past 2 years. To conclude, the Canucks are without a doubt the best team to not win a Stanley Cup yet.

band wagoner :mellow:
RIP rick
Sig too big.

#20 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

Be quiet, BertuzziBabe - in any other post, this would be you

Assumptions.... they just make the writers of such drivel ^^ look even more twatwafflish than usual........

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 27 May 2012 - 11:49 AM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#21 CANUCKLELION

CANUCKLELION

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,078 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

It's not bad, but like the poster above said, I would split it up into more paragraphs. Like first an intro, 3 body paragraphs, and a conclusion or summary of your essay.

Agree with the above about the paragraphs and OP don't forget the trip to the finals in 82 as well as the Buff + Van franchises both started at the same time, 1970. They lost a coin toss for 1st pick in the draft overall. The Nuck's got Dale Tallon + Buff took the centerpiece for their famed french connection line.
R.I.P, Rick Rypien Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,460 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

i do not like the tone of attack vs buffalo. i am not quite sure why you are doing this.

and buffalo lost in game 6 of the SCF vs Dallas in 1999. which disproves:

while Buffalo has NEVER come close to being in game 7 in the final

also your statement: The evidence shown should provide a strong argument against Buffalo being better than the Canucks. .. i dont see any evidence provided. You basically state assumptions and opinions and do not provide any concrete data. You talk history, but it seems you are talking in the present.

Buffalo in 1999 had a much stronger team than the canucks in 1999 where we had 58 points and failed to qualify for the playoffs. In which case they were the stronger team. You cannot use past stats to talk about who is the better team.

Also, St Louis made the playoffs 6 straight years starting in 1998 to about 2004, winning the presidents trophy in 1999. mean while, the canucks were only starting their upward climb...therefore again, past success.

keep in mind, we the canucks only made it past the second round ONE year since 1994. First round exits vs Colorado, Detroit, Calgary, LA . Second round vs Minnesota, Chicago (might be wrong team wise).

your essay is really fragmented, you do not offer any evidence, and when you do (old stats), they do no backup your claim. you need to do research because right now it shows you have done zero

Edited by canucks.bradley, 27 May 2012 - 04:50 PM.

Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#23 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,124 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

i do not like the tone of attack vs buffalo. i am not quite sure why you are doing this.

also your statement: The evidence shown should provide a strong argument against Buffalo being better than the Canucks. .. i dont see any evidence provided. You basically state assumptions and opinions and do not provide any concrete data. You talk history, but it seems you are talking in the present.

Buffalo in 1999 had a much stronger team than the canucks in 1999 where we had 58 points and failed to qualify for the playoffs. In which case they were the stronger team. You cannot use past stats to talk about who is the better team.

Also, St Louis made the playoffs 6 straight years starting in 1998 to about 2004, winning the presidents trophy in 1999. mean while, the canucks were only starting their upward climb...therefore again, past success.

keep in mind, we the canucks only made it past the second round ONE year since 1994. First round exits vs Colorado, Detroit, Calgary, LA . Second round vs Minnesota, Chicago (might be wrong team wise).

your essay is really fragmented, you do not offer any evidence, and when you do (old stats), they do no backup your claim. you need to do research because right now it shows you have done zero

LOL @ your qoute were sigs usually are

TlK63EWegTz8QBzg0AU.gif

#24 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,651 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

Well I got a rap about CDC

All you posters on CDC that dont like my raps
i dont give a crap
i just chill and fill
lines like oil mines
spit them rhymes take it back to the old times
I dont stop im chiggity chiggity chillin
its only dope rhymes that I be spillin
Canucks for life
Ya they the best crew
D's got a problem?
Schneider Man to the rescue

Yay for you. You can rhyme. Congratulations.

Edited by Dogbyte, 28 May 2012 - 12:49 PM.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#25 dbam09

dbam09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

When you're writing an essay it's really important to tell the reader early on what you are trying to point out or show the reader. In this instance it seems you're trying to show stats and stanley cup appearances to argue that the canucks are the best team in the NHL to have not won the cup. If thats what the essay is trying to prove, make sure to tell us that very early on so that the reader has a sense of context. Besides that the body of the essay is great for your age group. Keep up the hard work!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.