Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Zach Parise- Future Canuck?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 canuck028

canuck028

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:10 AM

simple question:

with the devils advancing to the stanley cup finals, is zach parise leaving the team plausible? win or lose, it is clear the devils can make a yearly playoff push with their current core of parise, zajac, kovalchuk etc...

the devils as an organization must feel confident that they can compete competitively for the next few years without blowing things up. so, where does this leave the canucks/fans in their pursuit of parise?

thoughts?

#2 topbananas

topbananas

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:24 AM

I posted my thoughts in the other thread you started 10 minutes ago.

http://forum.canucks...-future-canuck/
stan smyl 2.0

Posted Yesterday, 09:07 AM

It's not 7.5 per year, Kesler's at 5 million and Malhotra's at 2.5 million

#3 Wheels22

Wheels22

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:24 AM

Ahhh Hell Naw!

#4 crime911

crime911

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:48 AM

Zach won't leave. Devils won't let that happen. There is a chance of marty retiring. It will be epic he retires as a champion.
Posted Image

#5 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:50 AM

Parise might leave, but he won't be signing here. The ownership group in Jersey is struggling they may not want another big contract. Only time will tell

#6 nucklebucker

nucklebucker

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:06 AM

Can you imagine the devils letting their captain walk after this? No? Me neither.

#7 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,206 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:06 AM

Parise is not what the Canucks need for the amount of CAP space they have available. They need a top 2 dman capable of anchoring their core group. The only reason they have the chance of acquiring a player of that quality is they have a HOF goaltender in Lou to offer. Even then it might take a package deal.

#8 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

Parise is not what the Canucks need for the amount of CAP space they have available. They need a top 2 dman capable of anchoring their core group. The only reason they have the chance of acquiring a player of that quality is they have a HOF goaltender in Lou to offer. Even then it might take a package deal.

Luongo will never be inducted I to the HOF without a Stanley Cup, and we won't be able to fetch us a top pairing D unless that D is closing in on the end of his career. We will be taking on a bad contract back with a prospect IMO.

#9 Ryan Murray

Ryan Murray

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:01 AM

:lol:
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#10 canuckelhead70

canuckelhead70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

going to be tough to sign him seeing that Weber, Suter, and Nash are all waiting til July 1st to sign with us.

Source is provided by the CDC posters

#11 raymondsplayoffbeard

raymondsplayoffbeard

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:20 AM

he aint coming if they win the cup
28krklj.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#12 Arman_Canucks21

Arman_Canucks21

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:38 AM

Maybe in our dreams.

#13 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,235 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:40 AM

Why would you leave a Stanley Cup finalist team to play on a team that got 1 win in the playoffs?

I don't give a frack what the Canucks did in 2011, right now the Devils are far superior to the Canucks and that's what matters the most.
Posted Image

#14 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,014 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:41 AM

Nope not leaving at all.

In fact, I'm so confident that he won't come here that I'd eat my own shoe if he did.

Edited by Armada, 26 May 2012 - 09:42 AM.

Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#15 70seven

70seven

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:57 AM

He's pricing himself with the NHL's elite. Probably looking for as close to league max as he can, and it wont be coming from Vancouver.

NJ, Minnesota, Detroit, and the ol NYR are my picks to nab Parise.

#16 Sanj

Sanj

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

Why would you leave a Stanley Cup finalist team to play on a team that got 1 win in the playoffs?

I don't give a frack what the Canucks did in 2011, right now the Devils are far superior to the Canucks and that's what matters the most.

That plus hes the captain. It'd be like Henrik leaving after possibly winning a cup. No way Parise becomes a Canuck after this run. The only way it happens is if New Jersey doesn't throw any money at him (which would be very very dumb)

#17 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:14 AM

Nope not leaving at all.

In fact, I'm so confident that he won't come here that I'd eat my own shoe if he did.

Gross, lol.
Posted Image

#18 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,952 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

Guaranteed he's pissed he won because he just can't wait until this stupid season is over and he can sign with the Nucks!

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#19 Mad_Duck

Mad_Duck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:18 AM

Nope not leaving at all.

Make mine a flip-flop. I'm almost as confident as you, but stranger things have happened.
I put the F U in Fun!

Posted Image

#20 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:28 AM

Why would Parise come to Vancouver?

It won't be for money. The only plausible reason would be "to win." Well, the Devils are in the Finals. Teams that want him are all great teams in the East, where he's used to playing. His hometown is Minnesota, our rivals. I just don't get this logic that just because he's an UFA, he'll come to Vancouver. Not all players want to come here. Unbelievable.

#21 Standing_Tall#37

Standing_Tall#37

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,930 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:39 AM

No!, Parise is a future Devil or Wild(ite-man-er....whatever)

Book it and /thread

#22 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,443 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:44 AM

Win the cup or not, Parise's desire sounds like he wants to test the Free agent market, which inclucdes hearing offers from New Jersey. When the Sedins were pending UFA's in that year, they clearly said, "we will love to come back here."

Parise

"I will like to win."

He didn't say he will like to come back to New Jersey

Why would Parise come to Vancouver?

It won't be for money. The only plausible reason would be "to win." Well, the Devils are in the Finals. Teams that want him are all great teams in the East, where he's used to playing. His hometown is Minnesota, our rivals. I just don't get this logic that just because he's an UFA, he'll come to Vancouver. Not all players want to come here. Unbelievable.

I don't he will sign here, but the reason if he does sign here is connections with Ryan Kesler, connections with Jordan Schroeder, and we are considered a Stanley cup contender.

Edited by MoneypuckOverlord, 26 May 2012 - 10:58 AM.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#23 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

Luongo will never be inducted I to the HOF without a Stanley Cup, and we won't be able to fetch us a top pairing D unless that D is closing in on the end of his career. We will be taking on a bad contract back with a prospect IMO.

The only thing Luongo is missing is a cup though, IMO aside from Brodeur, Luongo is the closest goalie in the NHL right now to getting inducted into the HOF.

Back on topic, I'd much rather get a big and mean top 2 d-man for a similar price as Parise and then get a cheaper playmaking winger for Kesler

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif 

#24 Hank Moody

Hank Moody

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

Hmmmmm.....

Christian Ehrhoff - Top Canucks Dman on a team that went to the Stanley Cup Final and played 7 games, signed with a team who was knocked out in the first round and was the 7th seed.

Don't give me that

Posted Image
Formerly Hockeyfans101/Lapierre's Gawk

Thank you for the badass sig, Insom-

#25 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:22 AM

simple question:

with the devils advancing to the stanley cup finals, is zach parise leaving the team plausible? win or lose, it is clear the devils can make a yearly playoff push with their current core of parise, zajac, kovalchuk etc...

the devils as an organization must feel confident that they can compete competitively for the next few years without blowing things up. so, where does this leave the canucks/fans in their pursuit of parise?

thoughts?

We dont need him
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#26 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:29 AM

Posted this a few days back in a different thread. It still applies here.

Was there ever any hope of getting Parise?

I imagine the conversation might go something like this.........

MG to Parise's agent ...... "Hey, we'd like to sign Zach Parise to a deal, Think he might be interested?"

agent........ "Maybe, what ya thinking?"

MG ..... Well how about a 6 year deal for 6.1m a season?"

agent.... "You do realize he currently makes 6m a year and is one of the most sought after free agents right?"

MG ..... "Yeah well the Sedins are scoring champs and Henrik is a former MVP and they both make 6.1. Don't really want to rock the boat in the dressing room"

agent....... "Could Zach be captain?"

MG ... "No, we already have a captain"

agent...."So you want Zach to leave the only organization he's ever known, where he's captain and they love him to death. Have to do way more travel for a tiny raise in pay?"

MG ...... "yes"

agent ......... click

MG ... "You still there?, hello hello, that's funny the line went dead"

#27 SN -Admin

SN -Admin

Keeping it real

• Administrators
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.