The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Japanese Artist Cooks, Serves Own Genitals At Banquet

Buggernut

The Japanese, not to be outdone by /topic/319830-dutch-television-hosts-eat-each-others-flesh-on-tv">the Dutch...

Japanese artist cooks, serves own genitals at banquet

by Lauren O'Neil Posted: May 25, 2012 4:49 PM Last Updated: May 25, 2012 5:14 PM

Categories: World

si_japan_genitals.jpgAsexual illustrator Mao Sugiyama braises his recently removed genitals in front of a crowd. Five people ate the dish for approximately $250 a plate. (another-tokyo.com / Calorielab)Last month, 22-year-old Mao Sugiyama had his genitals surgically removed, frozen and double-bagged in plastic. Then, the proud asexual artist turned to Twitter and made an offer five people just couldn't seem to refuse:

"[Please Retweet] I am offering my male genitals (full penis, testes, scrotum) as a meal for 100,000 yen [$1,250]. I'm Japanese. The organs were surgically removed at age 22. I was tested to be free of venereal diseases. The organs were of normal function. I was not receiving female hormone treatment. The length at full erection was 16.1 cm [6.3 inches]. First interested buyer will get them, or I will also consider selling to a group. Will prepare and cook as the buyer requests, at his chosen location. If you have questions, please contact me by DM or e-mail."

【拡散希望】私の男性器(完全陰茎+睾 丸+陰嚢)の料理を10万円で提供します。日本人/摘出時22才/性病検査済/機能正常状態で摘出/女性ホルモン投与無し/最大勃起時16.1cm/先着 一名,複数人の共同での注文は可/調理法、場所相談応/その他DMリプライEメール等でご質問ご連絡下さい-- エイチシー (@Ho_Ch)

Sugiyama, a Tokyo-based illustrator, was born male but now identifies as asexual. The artist paid $12,000 for the operation to remove all sexual features from his body as part of the gender nullification process.

Calorielab.com reports that six people paid for the privilege of dining on his cooked organs at a "Ham Cybele - Century Banquet" on April 13. The story has since been picked up by the international wire service Agence France-Presse.

At the event Sugiyama publicly seasoned and braised his genitals on a portable gas stove in front of dozens, assisted by a professional chef.

Only five diners actually tasted the dish (one backed out before the event), which was served with button mushrooms and parsley. The group included two women and three men, all between the ages of 22 and 32.

A spokesman for the Suginami police told CalorieLab.com that they'd received inquires from concerned citizens but could not pursue the matter further, as no laws prohibiting cannibalism exist in Japan.

What is the strangest food item you've ever tried? How far would you be willing to go in the name of adventure?

Tags: POV

Archived