The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Vancouver Sun Article) Vigneault ‘Didn't Mean What He Said’ On Luongo Trade Request

Walking Paradox

I really worry about this team next year. It's media firestorm after controversy after media firestorm over stupid crap over and over and over and the offseason JUST STARTED!!! It's turning into a nightmare. Everyone just needs to chill the frack out!

/rant

Bonehead of the year award to AV.  Is he trying to make his boss look stupid so that the woners will fire MG?  Right now, MG is looking ridiculously stupid for hiring AV, a coach who regularly fires valuable players under the bus, see Luongo, Hodgson, Kesler, Mitchell, etc.  But AV's ridiculous ego - there's only one way to coach and that's his way - and he taught the ex Pittsburch coach everything he knew - and his latest round of ego inspired stupidity is sure making Gillis look like a clown for hiring his sorry donkey.

Oh yes, the old story about how 29 teams don't win the Stanley cup every year and they don't fire their coach.

We'll we haven't won the ultimate prize for 42 years now, so I'd say that Vancouver hockey fans know a thing or two about losing.

I think even if we lose to a superior team, if we lose in a fashion that allows us to be proud of our team in knowing they went down fighting and gave it their all, then you don't have a chorus of frustrated fans praying that we get a new coach.

You mention Chicago and Detroit, but if you go to their website forums, you don't see numerous posts calling for either team to fire their coach, there's a reason for that, those series ended very recently but you don't have these huge controversies about those teams looking like they weren't ready.

Even though this team has been a serious contender for at least the past 4 years, this coach has come up short every year culminating with snatching defeat from the jaws of victory against Boston and you can make all the excuses you want but it doesn't explain the nature of the way this team has found to lose. I mean, seriously paperbag embarrassing humiliations and it's been chronic, over and over again. The players change every year and the only common denominator is AV who can't adjust and is overwhelmed by the simplest counter measures, every move he made against L.A. was a move of unprepared desperation.

Not to mention his interference off the ice and his inability to shut up. I don't see any group of players following a coach lacking in tactical and leadership skills. Maybe we can try gene therapy and inject AV with some of Toe Blakes cloned blood cells and duct tape his mouth shut, it's worth a try.

Lol..comon..just state the obvious, we all know he Lu will get traded. I mean, in that interview after the season was over, you could tell he wants out, and I'm sure Nucks would not have a player on the team who is not 100% committed.

And I suppose that the Boston GM is also a moron for losing in the first round.The Chicago GM is also a moron for not firing their coach when they lost to Vancouver last year. LA is in the Stanley Cup final which means that they are a solid club, not just an 8th place club.

Vancouver has one of the best GM's in the business and the most successful coach in Canuck's history and you consider yourself qualified to dish out moron labels.

That's what he said, but they also cleared him to play in the fall and Kesler now says he came back too early. He needed shoulder surgery this off-season so how did he get cleared to play?

Add this to the Hodgson mis-diagnosis and the "surprise" that Daniel had a concussion, and one has to wonder how good the medical staff are or how intelligent the management is.

Did you not just chastise "Your baby Cody" for doing exactly that 3 training camps ago, yesterday or the day before. Then crying wolf later cuz the injury affected his ability to make the team? :rolleyes: And he was a major wanker for doing so in your post...

But yeah, players hold out on reporting injuries all the time cuz they want to play.

It's up to the medical staff to clear him to play. It's also up to the player to be honest with the medical staff about how he's feeling. If Kesler says he's ok and the med staff clear him what is AV supposed to do? He's not the doctor. Players play all the time while they're not 100%. The player has a lot of input as to whether or not they're capable of playing. All they have to do is be honest. The real problem is they tend to hate being on the sidelines and are in too big a hurry to get back or keep playing.

"if you're cleared to play, you're cleared to play. There are no excuses."

Cleared to play with a torn labrum... sounds like a good enough excuse.

The doctors have to believe the player if they say they're ok??!?!?! What stupidity is this?

1. Player has some pain so takes a bunch of pain killers

2. Doctor: "does this hurt?"

3. Player. Stoned on painkillers: "nope"

4. Doctor: "ok then looks like you're good to go"

5. Player stumbles out of the room with 1 arm immovable, dragging a lef and half their body paralysed.... (ok I'm exaggerating a little bit) but no pain, so it's good to go.

Season ends "OMG SURGERY NEEDED ASAP!!!"

So... what does "if you're cleared to play, you're cleared to play. There are no excuses." sound like? Stupidity and endangering the health of staff/players. That is all.

Did you not just chastise "Your baby Cody" for doing exactly that 3 training camps ago, yesterday or the day before. Then crying wolf later cuz the injury affected his ability to make the team? :rolleyes: And he was a major wanker for doing so in your post...

But yeah, players hold out on reporting injuries all the time cuz they want to play.

Archived