The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Lu For Vinny Really That Bad.........if Its The Best Offer?

Southpop45

260 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

VL contract is way more of an anchor than Luongo's. Its 7 years compared to 6 years (which is when the contracts drops down dramatically) the salary is a million dollars more per season, 2 million more in a cap hit and most importantly Luongo is still a productive goalie where VL can hardly find a spot to play on a non playoff team.

I u wouldn't do this deal, give your head a shake.

He is a playoff performer, forget the regular season stats. Like Richards, he has the potential and if motivated ...

If he retires in 3-4 years, isn't that the end of the sedin era window?

We need to make that bold move to get another player of impact while the window is still open - lecalvier is a definite upgrade over Raymond!!!!!

Let tanev play and dump ballads salary, whatever makes it work to win the cup in this window.

I u wouldn't do this deal, give your head a shake.

He is a playoff performer, forget the regular season stats. Like Richards, he has the potential and if motivated ...

If he retires in 3-4 years, isn't that the end of the sedin era window?

We need to make that bold move to get another player of impact while the window is still open - lecalvier is a definite upgrade over Raymond!!!!!

Let tanev play and dump ballads salary, whatever makes it work to win the cup in this window.

I'd take the deal Vinny plays hard, has some ups and downs, but overall has the skill set that we need in our top six...Imagine Booth-Vinny-Kes as a line when kes is healthy, and Booth Vinny Kassian/Higgins until Kes is back...looks like a good trade to me...that is if nothing better comes our way (and that includes a deal for Cory)

Only want we take back Lecavalier is if they take back Ballard along with Luongo or if they give us high compensation for taking extra cap eg 10th overall.

Another option is we take Lecavalier and then move him to Toronto and take back something like Lombardi and Schenn to offset the cap.

We need a big, physical shutdown defenceman with playoff experience and I'd rather trade Schneider.

Something along the lines of Schneider for Brent Seabrook would be exactly what this team needs.

Edler - Seabrook

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Salo - Alberts

Tanev

That's a much bigger, physical defence already that can handle the big forwards who destroyed us in the last 2 playoff series.

We need a big, physical shutdown defenceman with playoff experience and I'd rather trade Schneider.

Something along the lines of Schneider for Brent Seabrook would be exactly what this team needs.

Edler - Seabrook

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Salo - Alberts

Tanev

That's a much bigger, physical defence already that can handle the big forwards who destroyed us in the last 2 playoff series.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Vinny-Kassian

Higgins-Kelser-Purcell

Hansen-Lappy-bitz

Hamhius-Bieksa

Edler-Tanev

Garrisson-Schultz

Alberts

Schnieder

Lack

This still gives us Approx 2 mil in cap space with Schnieder getting 3.5 mil

Gone is Luongo,Raymond and Ballard and Malholtra for Vinny, Purcell and Connolly/Aullie

A move from Tampa to Vancouver would cost Lecavalier about 13% of his salary in taxes. I don't know if he would have provisions that those differences would be made up but if not I can't see him waiving an NTC to lose seven hundred a year to taxes.

Archived