The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bob Mckenzie: Not Many Teams Showing Interest In Luongo

Yes buddy i know Mike Gillis was a agent before he was our GM and yes he had a decent amount of clients but when has there ever been a report been made that Burke or any other GM have an issue with Gillis because he was a agent ?

Give me some online links so you can help me on my journey or are you just speaking out your ass with some weak speculation ?

Well in my honest opinion, your word is garbage then.

The reason why you think he is taken too highly' as you point out is the fact that he is an established sports insider that is not an attention whore like Eklund is. McKenzie has solid, solid reputable sources and much like how a billionaire can legitimately comment about the financial world, McKenzie legitimately can comment about hockey.

The only reason you can even talk crap about a person is because you signed up for an account on here that gives you full reins at calling people out without any real consequences. Bob McKenzie on the other hand has a real reputation to uphold and if he believes there isn't much interest (after confirming with his own sources), then it is much more likely that Luongo isn't drawing much attention as what people originally thought. He is much more likely to be right than to be wrong. Just because you don't like what you're hearing doesn't make Bob McKenzie a toad.

You absolutely should take heat for your dumb comments.

Good. Keep the better goalie right now in Luongo, trade Schneider and get even more assets in return and win the Cup in the next 2 or 3 years as opposed to waiting for Schneider to peak and the rest of our core to get old.

I'd rather have Luongo in net and Schneider traded to get us a top-3 defenceman who can play a big, physical role alongside Edler than trade Luongo for a top-4 defenceman and rely on Schneider all season long.

Keep Luongo.

Edmonton exchange 1sts with Columbus and draft Murray.

Schneider to Columbus for 1st overall.

Vancouver drafts Yakupov.

Vancouver trades Ballard, Edler to Carolina for E. Staal.

Vancouver signs Suter.

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - YAKUPOV

BOOTH - E. STAAL - KESLER

HANSEN - PAHLSSON - BURROWS

HIGGINS - LAPIERRE - KASSIAN

SUTER - TANEV

HAMHUIS - BIEKSA

SALO - SCHULTZ / GARRISON

LUONGO

LACK

I think Yzerman is just playing his cards close to the chest, while Bernier does have potential he has never really been all that good in LA, Bernier could have easily taken the work load off of Quick but it 70% of his game he was poor.

As for the Canucks and Luongo. Luongo needs to go, is he a good goalie yes but the Canucks can't afford to take another playoff melt down. I can't wait for the playoffs to start because the offseason should be very interesting for the Canucks to see what happens.

Seriously do people think that NHL clubs include Bob McKenzie or any other reporter in their potential trade deliberations? As someone else said, does that make sense? The reality is that the media is used, willingly so, as a tool in managements planning. They can plant ideas without being accused of tampering and can plant ideas in other managements planning. Media love the process because it garners viewers.

Even Canuck fans are played in this process as they are very active compared to other NHL cities.

Good. Keep the better goalie right now in Luongo, trade Schneider and get even more assets in return and win the Cup in the next 2 or 3 years as opposed to waiting for Schneider to peak and the rest of our core to get old.

I'd rather have Luongo in net and Schneider traded to get us a top-3 defenceman who can play a big, physical role alongside Edler than trade Luongo for a top-4 defenceman and rely on Schneider all season long.

I love the way this board works. When Mackenzie said that Schneider is highly valued asset, people were citing that as reasons why Schneider would fetch a great return. Now the same guy says there is little to no interest in Luongo and same people are ripping on him.

I'd rather see MacKenzie be conservative with his rumors than being like Eklund throwing names out there just to make money.

90% of the time I see eye to eye on his opinions. When everyone was certain we were getting Perry, Bob shot those rumours down. Guess who was right?

How many hockey people got the Booth trade? I didn't hear any. If you were a respected reporter with a great reputation and you heard rumours Cody Hodgson was being shopped. Unless you knew the reasons why, would you believe it? I wouldn't have prior to the deadline either. In fact no one in Vancouver really knew until the end of season press conference when Gillis gave his official reasons.

The Canucks are notorious for being on "Lockdown" when it comes to dealing with the media. Very few of Vancouver's trades have been hinted at in the media beforehand.

Then we have no choice at this point.

Keep Luongo, trade Schneider. Maybe add in Raymond + 1 of the centermen (Malhotra or Pahlsson) for a top 6 sniper and future consideration.

Call up Lack, call up Jordan Schroeder.

That's should help get us to the playoffs.

I love the way this board works. When Mackenzie said that Schneider is highly valued asset, people were citing that as reasons why Schneider would fetch a great return. Now the same guy says there is little to no interest in Luongo and same people are ripping on him.

So you believe a senior member of the Vancouver Canucks management told Mackenzie that there is "no significant interest in Luongo"? At this point in time those are the only ppl who would know for a fact the level of interest being shown towards Luongo.

That is the only way to confirm it unless every other team mgmt told Mackenzie they are not interested in trading for Luongo, which is highly unlikely.

The only plausible way for Mackenzie to know this for fact is to have a source in senior mgmt of the Canucks. It should be noted that the Canucks mgmt is one of the most disciplined and leak proof organizations in the league. You never hear leaks out the Canucks mgmt. Hodgson trade is an example.

Why would the mgmt of the Canucks leak to Mackenzie that a player they are trying to trade does not generate interest? Why would Canuck mgmt bring down said players value. Does this make sense to you?

What Mackenzie did is make an educated guess. Which is called speculation. He has no sources in this matter and has not confirmed it. Mackenzie is reporting conjecture.

Of all the analysts on TSN Mackenzie is the worst. He is an extra on the set. An add on. Mackenzie's comments are predictable. He often asks rhetorical questions and answers them himself. Ie: do the Leafs want to make the playoffs ? Yes they do. Do they want to make the playoffs this year? Yes they do. But they will not trade Jake Gardiner to get a goalie back who could help them in the short term.

C'mon my 9 year old son can make that statement.

Half of CDC has been saying for months what Mackenzie just said. He does not have sources in the Canucks mgmt who told him this info.

Archived