The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bob Mckenzie: Not Many Teams Showing Interest In Luongo

Bob McKenzie Audio: McKenzie doesn’t think there will be much of market for Roberto Luongo as originally thought. The Lightning may be more interested in Jonathan Bernier. The Panthers and Maple Leafs may not be interested in Luongo either. The Leafs may look at Tomas Vokoun as a possible veteran to bring in. Vokoun has an offer from the KHL already.

vokoun sucks. There are only 4 teams on Lu's NTC, right?

Gillis sure as hell isn't going to trade Luongo to Chicago. Him and Burke dislike each other so I don't see him trying to improve the Leafs.

I think it's either the Lightning or Panthers for Luongo.

I think a lot of teams are remembering the runs Chicago and Philly had with poor goaltending, and are still hoping "hey if it worked for them it could work for us."

However as more recent playoffs have shown (this one in particular) it really isn't the best strategy, and even if we can't find a suitable deal this year, eventually some one will be willing to pay the price.

Guest Dasein

Wait until the playoffs are over and teams start talking options and re-assess the current situation.

Guest BuckFoston

New Jersey will have interest, Florida and the Islanders could potentially express interest too. We all know that the Islanders are going to have some interest in Keith Ballard if Gillis dangles him so we'll see.

And people on CDC believed their would be multiple teams interested in Luongo (creating a bidding war). Like I've been saying for awhile, a long ass contract scares off potential trading partners along with his playoff track record (not that great even though he took the team to the finals). Good goalies are easy to find, many teams would rather go with potential than with a proven stud (LUONGO).

nothing really reported. obviously he has a better idea than us but this is more speculation. I do agree that Tampa is looking for a younger goalie like Bernier especially after Yzerman's statement

Archived