Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Bob Mckenzie: Not Many Teams Showing Interest In Luongo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
367 replies to this topic

#91 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,968 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

Hodgson for Kassian^

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#92 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:35 PM

lol @ all the butt hurt people because not many teams are interested in Luongo.

Fact is, not many teams are.

Posted Image

#93 Phamda

Phamda

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

Toronto is interested in Luongo. Steve Simmons wrote te article so take from it what you will.

#94 Buttock

Buttock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

You shouldn't believe something just because someone wrote it or said it, you should believe it only if it makes sense to you. Does it make sense to you that Mackenzie got this info from an inside source with the Canucks mgmt?

If you didn't listen to what Mackenzie actually said on the subject he says " I don't think.... several times. He does not ever say " My sources tell me...... He is not lying about anything. Mackenzie is not even claiming he has inside info on this subject. He is speculating and its as clear as it gets if you actually listen to the interview.

This is what I said in my earlier post. And if you actually listen to what Mackenzie says its very obvious that the following statement is true.

"What Mackenzie did is make an educated guess. Which is called speculation. He has no sources in this matter and has not confirmed it. Mackenzie is reporting conjecture."

You have been a member of these boards for a long time, If you ever read other ppl's posts you would have read countless posts on Luongo's bad contract and how no one would want that albatross contract. You would find hundreds of posts on why Luongo will not generate a significant return. There may be a thousand posts on this subject as its been discussed to death and beyond. So yeah "half of CDC" has been saying for a long time what Mackenzie is saying just now.

I am not one of those posters who believed Luongo would not fetch a significant package, I've always said Luongo is very valuable and will return a significant package but I've also maintained that Luongo will stay and Schneider will be traded. So it's not like I'm saying I already knew what Mackenzie is saying.

But back on subject, why would Mackenzie be given this information by a source in Canucks mgmt when clearly it does nothing positive and may potentially decrease Luongos value. Why?

If Canucka mgmt was to leak this info why would it be to Mackenzie? Why not to a local analyst who has a much closer relationship with the Canucks. Has Mackenzie ever broken a Canucks related trade? So why would he have access to this info?

Why would it have to come from the Canucks?

#95 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

I love the way this board works. When Mackenzie said that Schneider is highly valued asset, people were citing that as reasons why Schneider would fetch a great return. Now the same guy says there is little to no interest in Luongo and same people are ripping on him.

Of course, CDC is 90 percent fanboys !
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#96 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

Why would it have to come from the Canucks?

Who else would know for a fact the level of interest in Luongo?

The key is that Mackenzie is not claiming to have an inside source on this, he's speculating and its clear when you actually listen to him. One only needs to click on the play button in the OP to hear what Mackenzie says. Its speculation and nothing else.

#97 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,556 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

These parts of Provosts post are so spot on!

Of course Yzerman is going to be more interested in Schneider, possibly Bernier. The market for Lou is a secondary market, after guys find out what it really takes, both in trade and contract value, for guys like Bernier. But if the cost is expensive???

And yeah, timing is either brilliant or not > there will be winners and losers.

Last > look how "they" deal with moving fringe players like Hodgson. B) It is 42 years, people are restless. Whoever is deemed responsible for us winning a cup will be revered here, like Messier was in New York. If Lou stays, if he wins the cup he will be annointed Jesus, the almighty Allah and the greenest BC bud that was ever grown from seed, depending on your particular religion!

I think it is a function of a lot of teams having an option or a thought for a goalie ahead of Luongo. The truth is though, there are more teams looking for goalies than there are decent goalies out there. It is a lot easier to say "I want a young, elite franchise goalie that won't cost me any assets"... than it is to actually make that happen.

Timing is a main issue of concern really.

There is no way the fans and media accept Luongo here instead. Just look at how they deal with moving fringe players like Grabner and Hodgson (heck there are even thread now bemoaning the loss of Bernier).

Franson is appealing! Not as head liner, after all he was traded by Nashville for a lower pick. That would not have happened if he was the next coming of Weber, he also has weaknesses. But he could help our 2knd power play, has a bit of size and we definitely need a right hand shot as depth. I prefer Souray or Hannan for the "now." But Franson is young enough to have some upside. He could be spotted in where he helps, and hopefully develops. But, Lou for Franson straight up; no chance.

Connection? Is he Weber's buddy :rolleyes: ? I know we signed Sweatt's brother first, buy generally each player will be evaluated and acquired on their won merits.

Ya, that connection is appealing, lol. But Franson's risky. He's never played top 4 mins/role for an entire season, doesn't have great underlying numbers either - he's been sheltered. But he is a BC boy :)

Fat Boy is rude to say; Mackenzie can be accused of cheering lightly for the Leafs and Senators (not to the extent of MacLean) but is generally very calculated, and objective. He rarely comments without grounds.

Fat boy is an extra on TSN. He doesn't have any inside info on this matter.

Dreger is Dave Nonis's brother in law so he usually has info on the Leafs. Most of the time these guys are just speculating.

Please see below. An Insider will typically be better at evaluating things, but likely wont know about a trade in advance. Except where it's obvious; say with Kyle Turris even though Phoenix insisted he would not be traded. Then, because they have hung out in local rinks, know parents, extended relatives they hear rumours of what contract he might have been offered if he was traded to?

What was valuable is that when everybody was trumpeting Kassian as the next coming of Cam Neely, Mackenzie noted that Buffalo was also unhappy with their prospect.

How about the Kassian trade. After it was completed he said "there were whispers hodgson was being shopped". But he never even mentioned the possibility during the 2 months of trade deadline speculation on tsn. He is a joke, just entertainment for bored hockey fans.

Bob, like most journalists, is in on the things GM's want them to know about. Trade rumours are a distraction, so the smart GM's do not tip their hand. It creates friction on teams. Players have kids in school, friends... Except, as other posters have noted, when they want to cloud the waters. So the "Insiders" really only know about things like a GM's perception on rule changes, division alignment..., and the Dreger's who know Nonis get a scoop 3 minutes before a deal is announced on July 1st, but after the deal is done. And the odd over a scotch guy bemoaning that he got out bid, then two months later the Insider leaks that Burke was after so & so...

The real value in an Insider, and nothing more, is that a MacKenzie can offer a much better evaluation of what a GM should be looking for.

Or how well a GM really did, when fans and media jump on the Kassian is better than Lucic bandwagon. And Mackenzie, here is the best in the business. They should know more about prospects, and if a team actually achieved value.

Has Bob been right on many things of late? No he hasn't. In fact he's been out to lunch on a lot of NHL topics.

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 27 May 2012 - 04:20 PM.

#98 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:15 PM

Then we have no choice at this point.

Keep Luongo, trade Schneider. Maybe add in Raymond + 1 of the centermen (Malhotra or Pahlsson) for a top 6 sniper and future consideration.

Call up Lack, call up Jordan Schroeder.

That's should help get us to the playoffs.

You need to understand, Raymond is a restricted free agent we may or may not even qualify. If we don't qualify him, he's gone for free. If we do qualify him, he's getting 2.55 million a year and who knows if anyone actually wants him when he's making that salary. So trading him is kind of a joke right now.

Trading Pahlsson? He is an Unrestricted free agent, so he's a freebie for anyone to sign. You may as well offer a bag of air, something anyone can already get if they want it.

And then Malhotra (you're 3 for 3...), has a NMC, so we can't just trade him unless he agrees to it, and in that case he'd likely submit a list of teams he'd accept... Probably not gonna happen.

So, you basically think we can trade what amounts to absolutely nothing of value for a top 6 sniper. Time to wake up.

#99 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,584 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:36 PM

So far is quiet on the Luongo end. Just a month ago, someone said as much as 11 teams might be interested in Luongo. I guess now that Bob's heard nothing so far, he probably thinks, no one is interested, when in fact, these gm's are probably on vacation, respecting each other, and will make offers after the roster freeze, because right now is pointless. Let say X GM will give Gillis a call, in regards to the availablity of Luongo. Gillis will probably tell him to follow up with him after the finals, because at that point, Gillis will probably have more people contacting him, so thats now why, there is nothing on the "Luongo" front. So why negotiate something, right now, when Gillis will look at all the options later. Or maybe no one is telling Mckenzie. He's an anaylist, of prospects and the game. He had no clue on the David Booth trade, he also knew nothing about Hodgson being shopped prior to the trade deadline. Makes you wonder why is he all of a sudden in the trade rumors department. This is were people either look real good, or look real stupid, (Eklund), type. I think Mckenzie should stick with analyzing instead of trade rumors. Unless someone

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#100 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

So far is quiet on the Luongo end. Just a month ago, someone said as much as 11 teams might be interested in Luongo. I guess now that Bob's heard nothing so far, he probably thinks, no one is interested, when in fact, these gm's are probably on vacation, respecting each other, and will make offers after the roster freeze, because right now is pointless. Let say X GM will give Gillis a call, in regards to the availablity of Luongo. Gillis will probably tell him to follow up with him after the finals, because at that point, Gillis will probably have more people contacting him, so thats now why, there is nothing on the "Luongo" front. So why negotiate something, right now, when Gillis will look at all the options later. Or maybe no one is telling Mckenzie. He's an anaylist, of prospects and the game. He had no clue on the David Booth trade, he also knew nothing about Hodgson being shopped prior to the trade deadline. Makes you wonder why is he all of a sudden in the trade rumors department. This is were people either look real good, or look real stupid, (Eklund), type. I think Mckenzie should stick with analyzing instead of trade rumors. Unless someone

You seem to know a lot about McKenzie, are you him?

Posted Image

#101 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,307 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

For the Leafs, UFA options could be Tomas Vokoun, Scott Clemmensen, Martin Biron and Alex Auld. Through the trade market, Tim Thomas and Jonathan Bernier could be options.

307mg00.jpg

#102 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,584 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

For the Leafs, UFA options could be Tomas Vokoun, Scott Clemmensen, Martin Biron and Alex Auld. Through the trade market, Tim Thomas and Jonathan Bernier could be options.

That is so Brian Burke. Go after a average skilled player. Instead of Brad Richards it was Tim Connoly. Thats his choice. I'm not even sure if Tim Thomas is a type of buy Burke wants, Clemmensen, Biron Auld career backups, Berneir is unproven too, if Burke wants to go that way, let him.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#103 iLLmAtlc

iLLmAtlc

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

Bob is probably the most accurate insider out there guys. To me he wouldn't report something unless he was pretty confident in it.

I listened to the clip though and it didn't really sound like reporting to me. He seemed to have been given his opinion, moreso. While it's still speculation, there's speculation between you guys and I and then there's informed speculation from Bob. If that's his opinion, then I think it's probably pretty likely that that's the current market on Luongo right now. Doesn't mean that it won't change later like someone else mentioned when teams find out they're going to be giving up one of their top prospects/roster players if they want Schneider.
Posted Image

#104 canucks3322

canucks3322

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

they might not be interested right now but they will be come draft day or july 1st ;)

#105 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,947 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:04 PM

Bob is probably the most accurate insider out there guys. To me he wouldn't report something unless he was pretty confident in it.

A couple of points.... I agree that Mackenzie has some of the better sources in the league and is more right than most others.

But that really only means he is right 1 in 10 times rather than 1 in 50... he has entirely missed the boat way more than he has had the right scoop.

Also, he isn't suggesting any insider information here... just speculating on what what is being said in public.
Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#106 Matthew Lombardi 18

Matthew Lombardi 18

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:11 PM

You shouldn't believe something just because someone wrote it or said it, you should believe it only if it makes sense to you. Does it make sense to you that Mackenzie got this info from an inside source with the Canucks mgmt?

If you didn't listen to what Mackenzie actually said on the subject he says " I don't think.... several times. He does not ever say " My sources tell me...... He is not lying about anything. Mackenzie is not even claiming he has inside info on this subject. He is speculating and its as clear as it gets if you actually listen to the interview.

This is what I said in my earlier post. And if you actually listen to what Mackenzie says its very obvious that the following statement is true.

"What Mackenzie did is make an educated guess. Which is called speculation. He has no sources in this matter and has not confirmed it. Mackenzie is reporting conjecture."

You have been a member of these boards for a long time, If you ever read other ppl's posts you would have read countless posts on Luongo's bad contract and how no one would want that albatross contract. You would find hundreds of posts on why Luongo will not generate a significant return. There may be a thousand posts on this subject as its been discussed to death and beyond. So yeah "half of CDC" has been saying for a long time what Mackenzie is saying just now.

I am not one of those posters who believed Luongo would not fetch a significant package, I've always said Luongo is very valuable and will return a significant package but I've also maintained that Luongo will stay and Schneider will be traded. So it's not like I'm saying I already knew what Mackenzie is saying.

But back on subject, why would Mackenzie be given this information by a source in Canucks mgmt when clearly it does nothing positive and may potentially decrease Luongos value. Why?

If Canucka mgmt was to leak this info why would it be to Mackenzie? Why not to a local analyst who has a much closer relationship with the Canucks. Has Mackenzie ever broken a Canucks related trade? So why would he have access to this info?

You ask good questions but you have yet to answer my one and only question - why would McKenzie lie about his discussion with the said Canucks senior management staff?

I think it is fair to debate whether or not he is speculating on this issue, but the fact remains that someone from the Canucks, according to McKenzie, leaked out info which the Canucks have yet to deny (so far).

So we are officially in a bit of a silly season, and in general I stay away from the completely crazy rumors that persist on the internet, or in the case of the Leafs having interest in Nabokov or Turco I will occasionally debunk them...however, I have been getting inundated with emails, PMs, and questions on twitter regarding a few rumors that are out there...so here goes.. I will address the rumors and follow with what I have or haven't heard...If you all like this format, maybe Wacky Wednesdays could be a regular feature. I wouldn't do it more than once a week, because I am too busy talking to actual sources and attempting to provide you all with as much unique information as possible.

Too busy talking to actual sources? lolwut

Posted Image

Signature designed by Morrison_rocks7 - thanks!

#107 Matthew Lombardi 18

Matthew Lombardi 18

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:13 PM

A couple of points.... I agree that Mackenzie has some of the better sources in the league and is more right than most others.

But that really only means he is right 1 in 10 times rather than 1 in 50... he has entirely missed the boat way more than he has had the right scoop.

Also, he isn't suggesting any insider information here... just speculating on what what is being said in public.

But he is. Was it not for a certain senior management staff working for the Canucks that led McKenzie on a hypothesis that Luongo may not fetch much this summer?

1/10 or not - he is most probably a far better of a source than you and I or anyone else.

I just have a feeling people aren't too happy about the news they are receiving and are now blaming McKenzie for what he knows right now.

So we are officially in a bit of a silly season, and in general I stay away from the completely crazy rumors that persist on the internet, or in the case of the Leafs having interest in Nabokov or Turco I will occasionally debunk them...however, I have been getting inundated with emails, PMs, and questions on twitter regarding a few rumors that are out there...so here goes.. I will address the rumors and follow with what I have or haven't heard...If you all like this format, maybe Wacky Wednesdays could be a regular feature. I wouldn't do it more than once a week, because I am too busy talking to actual sources and attempting to provide you all with as much unique information as possible.

Posted Image

#108 Matthew Lombardi 18

Matthew Lombardi 18

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

You need to understand, Raymond is a restricted free agent we may or may not even qualify. If we don't qualify him, he's gone for free. If we do qualify him, he's getting 2.55 million a year and who knows if anyone actually wants him when he's making that salary. So trading him is kind of a joke right now.

Trading Pahlsson? He is an Unrestricted free agent, so he's a freebie for anyone to sign. You may as well offer a bag of air, something anyone can already get if they want it.

And then Malhotra (you're 3 for 3...), has a NMC, so we can't just trade him unless he agrees to it, and in that case he'd likely submit a list of teams he'd accept... Probably not gonna happen.

So, you basically think we can trade what amounts to absolutely nothing of value for a top 6 sniper. Time to wake up.

Love how you broke down that trade.

Posted Image

#109 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,947 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

But he is. Was it not for a certain senior management staff working for the Canucks that led McKenzie on a hypothesis that Luongo may not fetch much this summer?

You must be listening to an different interview than the OP because there is nowhere in that audio that he suggests he has heard any such thing. Please post a link to your source if you aren't just making it up.

He repeatedly says "I think"... not "sources tell me".

He also has never shown any insight into the Canucks organization as far as I can recall... he clearly doesn't have the same inside info as he does with a lot of the eastern teams.

#110 iLLmAtlc

iLLmAtlc

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:48 PM

Really? When's the last time Bob was totally off the mark? I'm not doubting what you're saying but I'm genuinely curious because I've always thought that he's been exceptionally on-point (way higher than 1-10).
Posted Image

#111 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,947 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

Really? When's the last time Bob was totally off the mark? I'm not doubting what you're saying but I'm genuinely curious because I've always thought that he's been exceptionally on-point (way higher than 1-10).

Well even in this clip he admits to being wrong... a month ago he said that there were a number of teams interested in obtaining Luongo.

I also recall him saying near the trade deadline that the Canucks weren't looking at trading Hodgson.

You are right that he is generally spot on when he says that he has a source for something. when he is simply speculating (as in this case) is where I would suggest the 1 in 10 number.... and that is really quite good since the rest of us would be lucky to get 1 in 100 right.

Edited by Provost, 27 May 2012 - 11:07 PM.

#112 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:04 PM

Tim Thomas didn't gather much interest in 2010 either.

The Canucks could very well have this goaltending tandem for a long time. But we'll see. Cheers.

TOML

Hilarious.
Posted Image

#113 iLLmAtlc

iLLmAtlc

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:15 PM

I just tried looking for his comments about Hodgson not being available and haven't found any. But speaking of Cody I was pretty sure Bob was the one who broke that trade anyhow.
Posted Image

#114 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,947 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:27 PM

I just tried looking for his comments about Hodgson not being available and haven't found any. But speaking of Cody I was pretty sure Bob was the one who broke that trade anyhow.

Dreger and Mackenzie got wind of the trade after it happened from the Buffalo camp (Kassian), not the Canucks camp.

Here is even some video of it.

#115 SILLY GOOSE

SILLY GOOSE

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:38 PM

My crystal ball tells me......wait for further news!

0au3Jj.gifhuntersmalll.jpg

#116 samurai

samurai

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:24 AM

Has Bob been right on many things of late? No he hasn't. In fact he's been out to lunch on a lot of NHL topics.

Bingo - he is big time miss and what i find most annoying about him is that he uses way to many cliches and formulaic language. He's got a very limited repertoire of explaining things a little bit differently.

As for Lu if the nucks decide to move him only a complete clown would think we would get much for him. That is why Toronto has to be interested because they can get a legit No1 for next to nothing.

At the end of the day i suspect it is Cory who will be moved.

#117 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:24 AM

I think Toronto is the biggest place for him to go.

Luongo > Vokoun, and if Vokoun goes to the KHL then they will defiantly go for Luongo.

In other threads people were talking about how Luongo would not help the swiss cheese defence.

In fact, he'd just take up more space. Vokoun wouldn't take any extra salary and make it easier for Burke to shore up his defence. The problem is getting Vokoun to actually bite on the offer.
Posted Image

Hockey_Crazy is a god. But I still got dibs on Yuna.

#118 Buttock

Buttock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:39 AM

That is so Brian Burke. Go after a average skilled player. Instead of Brad Richards it was Tim Connoly. Thats his choice. I'm not even sure if Tim Thomas is a type of buy Burke wants, Clemmensen, Biron Auld career backups, Berneir is unproven too, if Burke wants to go that way, let him.

Lol I'm pretty sure Brad Richards was Toronto's first choice!

#119 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,324 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:58 AM

Bingo - he is big time miss and what i find most annoying about him is that he uses way to many cliches and formulaic language. He's got a very limited repertoire of explaining things a little bit differently.

As for Lu if the nucks decide to move him only a complete clown would think we would get much for him. That is why Toronto has to be interested because they can get a legit No1 for next to nothing.

At the end of the day i suspect it is Cory who will be moved.

I must be one of those clowns. Lou's CAP hit is $5.3 m and the acquiring team has an out clause in 4 years. Hard to believe that Lou would still not be effective at that point. The contract duration is a factor in deals past the 4 year out but today's management is that today's. Lou's acquistion is only a issue for teasm that are cash strapped. TO ain't one of those. Even then Van would hopefully be taking salary CAP back with a player they can use.

What am I missing here? Why is Lou worth nothing on the trade market?

#120 Toews

Toews

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:10 AM

I must be one of those clowns. Lou's CAP hit is $5.3 m and the acquiring team has an out clause in 4 years. Hard to believe that Lou would still not be effective at that point. The contract duration is a factor in deals past the 4 year out but today's management is that today's. Lou's acquistion is only a issue for teasm that are cash strapped. TO ain't one of those. Even then Van would hopefully be taking salary CAP back with a player they can use.

What am I missing here? Why is Lou worth nothing on the trade market?

Source on this supposed out clause?

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.