The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If The Canucks Were A Racecar

nucks4sure

If the team were a Lamborghini and Gillis was the crew chief(by the way a car that was pretty much in place and handed to him except for a couple decent parts that he added) he would be consistantly replacing tires(3rd and 4th liners)when the observant fan can tell the engine is down 2 cylinders(top 6 players).He tried Booth but he turned out to be another bad piston,just didn't help the engine at all.Raymond just needs to go to the trash heap where ever all bad parts end up.He has 2 many guys mechanics working on the engine(scouts)that are going to lead to more lousy races because they have proven they lack the neccesary skills(pretty much nothing developing in the minors)to work on a Lamborghini.

To the driver,AV.He is given a Lamborghini but just can't seem to win with it.I'll go off topic for a second.To every fan that says ,yes, the Leafs have won a cup but scorn their fans for saying they haven't won it since the Canucks have been in the league then you can't turn around and say Av got the Canucks to within one win in the cup final last year so he deserves to stay.If you don't give a crap about something that is history in Toronto then it follows that what AV did last year doesn't matter.It's a succeed or fail sport.Two league titles mean nothing if you don't get Stanley.

Back to racing.Unlike racing which gives points for finishes even if you don't win, the NHL doesn't hand out Air Miles for the loser of the cup final.If a driver in racing fails to win any races even though he has a few top 5 finishes,eventually the owner get's a new driver.This is especially so, if like in the NHL,where playoff games at home are worth more than a million bucks per game.I think this where Aquallini should have had some say in whether AV came back.Are there better drivers out there right now,maybe not, but right now in LA and New Jersey it's proving that a new person in the drivers seat is guaranteeing one of them a 1st place finish.

Thanks for listening.Look forward to seeing you in the winners circle,hopefully,one day.

If my sandwich was a burrito - the deli meat would be ground beef, the havarti would be cheddar and mozzarella, the mayo would be refried beans, the mustard would be guacamole, and the bread would be a soft tortilla.

I mean, the real question is, do you want a sandwich or a burrito? Most people say burrito - and I'd have to agree. But at the end of the day, who wants to go shopping for all of those ingredients? I'd rather grab a loaf of bead, some deli meat, and a brick of havarti. I already have the mustard and mayo in the fridge, right? Plus my landlord is choking every last penny from me at the end of the month which doesn't help me buy a variety of items in the food department. You know?

Bottom line: get a burrito when you can - they're delicious. But don't forget that the sandwich isn't too bad either, considering you're in a rough spot and you just need to eat.

-Lamborghinis have more than six cylinders

-Good tires are important, just like 3rd and 4th liners. You could have a great collection of superstars to power the team, but you aren't going anywhere unless you have some depth and grit.

-It's not completely the scouts' fault that we don't have a whole ton of great prospects. What if all the other racing teams got to pick out their parts before you?

-So just because Vigneault didn't win the Stanley Cup, he should be fired? By your logic, I guess 29 coaches should be fired every year then.

-If the Canucks are such a great team that any coach should easily be able to win the Cup with, how come you spent the first paragraph complaining about how the teams was broken down and had crappy parts?

If my sandwich was a burrito - the deli meat would be ground beef, the havarti would be cheddar and mozzarella, the mayo would be refried beans, the mustard would be guacamole, and the bread would be a soft tortilla.

I mean, the real question is, do you want a sandwich or a burrito? Most people say burrito - and I'd have to agree. But at the end of the day, who wants to go shopping for all of those ingredients? I'd rather grab a loaf of bead, some deli meat, and a brick of havarti. I already have the mustard and mayo in the fridge, right? Plus my landlord is choking every last penny from me at the end of the month which doesn't help me buy a variety of items in the food department. You know?

Bottom line: get a burrito when you can - they're delicious. But don't forget that the sandwich isn't too bad either, considering you're in a rough spot and you just need to eat.

Lamborghini's have not been in Formula 1 for years. Maybe FIA GT1, but they have not won a manufacturer's championship in years.

I understand the concern for the hockey club. It does seem to be a mix of players, but we really don't have an identity. Sounds like from Mike Gillis that's what he wants from his club. He want's to be skilled, younger, faster, and more physical.

He seems to want a more Philly, LA style hockey club not a Detroit style club. Interestingly enough, if New Jersey wins the cup it's a good model for Vancouver to follow. Never blowing the team up, just reload and draft great players. Young guys like Henrique and Larsson are adding to vets like Clarkson, Zajac, Parise. Kovalchuk which looked like a crazy gamble is turning out to be the clutch guy, and motivated forward. New Jersey has provided motivation to him and guys like Bernier, where as the Rangers can't even get Gaborik going.

LA also made a big trade landing Carter. It may very well be that trade and changing coaches is what got LA over the hump.

It also may mark the first time in years that a trade deadline deal would result in a team winning the Stanley Cup.

I still say, good drafting, getting lots of talent into our pipeline, and holding on to our picks if possible is the cheapest and best way to build a cup winner. Hopefully we can draft talent. Not headcases.

players are not parts of a machine, they are parts of a team. that is the great difference between watching cars going round a track and watching a hockey game.

players are human. lou proves that. he has tallent and heart but something unequal to machinery has plagued his game. if he was just a part, his performance would be like clockwork. thats not the case. thats the great thing about hockey that racing will never have.

many teams and players should or could have a cup. if everything was that predictable, why watch the game?

i like fast cars too. but all i could watch of the 500 was 4 laps before i was over it.

the only relation i saw to hockey was, the yellow flags reminded me of the tv timeouts.

An analogy is supposed to be compare something that's relatively complicated to something most people know about. I'm pretty sure people on a hockey board know more about hockey than they do racecars, unless this is CDC--

In any case, why not just use hockey language and re-state what has been stated a hundred times and get your topic locked. No need to try and sound like a badass about it.

Archived