Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheCanuckleheads.ca

Top 10 Off-Season Targets

91 posts in this topic

I honestly think its going to be another quiet summer with a late trade after camp... Think reclamation high risk low reward UFAs .Don't expect much from MG this year...

Hawks will not be interested in any deal involving Luongo, especially for Kane. We already have two goalies under contract, and if that isnt enough Bowman may even consider going after Harding/Vokoun in free agency. Hawks management still believes that Crawford can be a decent goalie down the line, sorry but I highly doubt the Hawks have any interest in Luongo.

Yeah, I didn't list Parise or Suter just because I don't see the fit. I don't see Gillis paying the kind of term and money they'll demand. And I guess I see three holes that need to be filled, so the list goes with a few possibilities for each: right-handed Top 4 D-man; second-line right winger; and third-line centre.

In a perfect world:

Sedins / Burrows

Kassian / Kesler / Parise

Higgins / Pahlsson / Hansen

Weise or Bitz / Lapierre / Volpatti

Out: Malhotra, Ebbett, Duco, Oreskovich, Raymond, Booth

Hamhuis/Beiksa

Edler/Schultz

Garrison/Schenn

Out: Ballard, Salo

Schneider

(Insert Backup)

Justin Schultz is probably the only name on that list that has a faint possibility of coming to Vancouver this off-season.

Hedman and Malone as a return for Luongo + ??? would be epic. Then sign Shultz as a FA and its money in the bank. After we win the cup next year then its easy pickings for Shea Weber as he'll want in on this dynasty.

Sedin sedin burrows

Booth kesler boyes

Higgins Kelly Hansen

Kassian lapierre malhotra

Hamhuis bieksa

Edler garrison

Salo tanev

Schneider

Giguire

You did #9 twice... that's what stood out for me.

Our offense is alright, just need makes some changes in our D and maybe in goal?

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Hansen - Pahlsson - Kassian

Bitz - Lapierre - Malhotra

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Ballard? - Salo

Luongo?

Schneider?

Hawks will not be interested in any deal involving Luongo, especially for Kane. We already have two goalies under contract, and if that isnt enough Bowman may even consider going after Harding/Vokoun in free agency. Hawks management still believes that Crawford can be a decent goalie down the line, sorry but I highly doubt the Hawks have any interest in Luongo.

In a perfect world:

Sedins / Burrows

Kassian / Kesler / Parise

Higgins / Pahlsson / Hansen

Weise or Bitz / Lapierre / Volpatti

Out: Malhotra, Ebbett, Duco, Oreskovich, Raymond, Booth

Hamhuis/Beiksa

Edler/Schultz

Garrison/Schenn

Out: Ballard, Salo

Schneider

(Insert Backup)

Yep. Makes sense. And maybe Luongo isn't the trade bait, but I'm just thinking that Gillis, who seems to me to be in the same managerial mould as Bill Belichik, has an appetite for reforming players by surrounding them with a strong family-style system. Kane's done some stupid stuff the way Randy Moss had, and Belichick got the absolute best out of Moss. At the time, the Patriots needed a deep threat, and Moss was the guy. Vancouver's second line needs a playmaker, and maybe that's Jordan Scroeder, or maybe you inquire about Kane because he plays like a playmaking centre as a winger, and that could fit very well with Kesler and Booth.

6. Luke Schenn...........

Clearly you're joking? You must live in the west where you don't see this guy play. If you believe he is one of the top 10 players you would go after, then sign me up to play. Schenn is so good the Leafs put him in the pressbox to show off how talented he is......

6. Luke Schenn...........

Clearly you're joking? You must live in the west where you don't see this guy play. If you believe he is one of the top 10 players you would go after, then sign me up to play. Schenn is so good the Leafs put him in the pressbox to show off how talented he is......