The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 10 Off-Season Targets

1. Weber - obvious.

2. Suter - why not? He won't sign here, but just added temptation for Weber to come over to Van. Makes Ballard expendable. Upgrade over Edler if Edler needs to be moved as well

3. Parise - again, won't come here, but a complete player. Kills penalties, physical for a little guy, gets to the net... basically everything you wish Raymond would be, Parise is.

4. Justin Schultz - he's number one on a realistic list of Vancouver's off-season targets. Right-handed defenseman, young, cheap, BC boy, huge potential... the off-season's a success in my opinion if the Nucks get him, and nothing else.

5. Trade Luongo/sign Schneider for 2-4 years - can't have both goalies back to start the year. Just a toxic environment. Would dominate the conversation and be a huge distraction daily. In my opinion, just get something (pick/prospect) for Lou without taking a bad contract back. Or, like Ehrhoff, get a good player back, and dump a bad salary in the minors.

6. Prandon Prust - so you want "size that can play" on your 4th line?! He can skate, fight AND he was 1st unit PK for the Rangers in the playoffs! You want Kesler to play less hard minutes, this is a good place to start.

7. Aaron Asham - Prust was your 4th line LW, Asham is your 4th-line RW. Basically the same as above.

8. Travis Moen - a Chris Higgins type that can move up and down your lineup. Big, physical, and a little more skill than Prust/Asham. Can play in your top-6 if you need him to, or can be a great role player in the bottom-6. Cup champ.

9. Scott Clemenssen - not sold on Lack being able to play 20+ games in the NHL. If he is ready, great. If he's not, Schneider will need an experienced backup that can carry the load for short stretches in case of a injury to Schneider.

10. One Prospect Surprises: it's time for some prospects to make an impact. Even if just one of the following prospects made a jump this year, it would help the Nucks immensely: Schroeder, Tanev, Kassian, Jensen, etc...

Realistically, I'm really hoping for numbers 4 - 10 to happen. We'll see...

6. Luke Schenn...........

Clearly you're joking? You must live in the west where you don't see this guy play. If you believe he is one of the top 10 players you would go after, then sign me up to play. Schenn is so good the Leafs put him in the pressbox to show off how talented he is......

My 10 (based on team needs + Gillis wanting to get younger)

1. Peter Mueller

2. Colin Wilson

3. Blake Comeau

4. Justin Schultz

5. Cody Franson

6. Nikolai Kulemin

7. Eric Fehr

8. Guillaume Latendresse

9. Mats Zuccarello

10. Zach Boychuk

Sedins - Perry/Getzlaf

Kane(E) - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Manny - Hansen

Volpatti - Lapierre - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa 1st D

Ballard and Komisarek 2nd D

Rome and Subban 3rd D

Pending CBA is going to make a lot of teams wary to make big moves and signings. No one knows where the cap is headed and there may be other options opened to teams. Vancouver wants to dump some salary, but are there gonna be other teams willing to pick up that salary. Is the cap going up or down? A drop could cause another lock out or strike which will throw everything out the window. Although I can't see the parties involved being this stupid, the possibility is there and managers/owners may be leary about blockbuster deals and contracts. This will, no doubt, be an interesting summer; but will it be over deals made and not made? Or will it be over threatened strike or lock out actions? These questions could be in the backs of management minds as well. So it's really tough to make a list not knowing where the future's going.

The cancuks need some tuning but nothing to major. I believe we need to sort out our secondary scoring

bring someone in to help chip in on the 3rd line center position. We also need a powerplay Qb. And MG needs to address the second line need more production to have a chance at the cup

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler ?

Higgins ? Hansen

Kassian lappy ?

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler ?

Ballard ?

Top 4 people

1.Gaustad he would be great but he is going to get stupid money when he hits UFA in the range of 3-4M

2.Parise would be amazing but I honestly see him re-signing with NJ and if he does hit UFA he will be payed in the range of 7-8 M some teams will get desperate.

3.Shultz maybe a little risky to play him in the NHL as a rookie right off the bat but he has loads of potential and can see him being a main stay on the backend if the canucks got him. I expect him to get money in the 1-2 M range and honestly see the oilers having a great shot at getting him.

4.Garrison would be a target I'd hope MG go for he has a booming shot and could help our powerplay. He is a little risky though don't want a repeat of Jeff Finger but Garrison is a lot better just hopefully not a 1 hit wonder. Expect him to get 3-4 M range

#1 Weideman UFA D

#2 Shultz UFA D

#3 P. A. Parenteau UFA RW

#4 Guastad UFA C

#5 Prust UFA W

#6 Moen UFA W

Lines would look something like:

Sedin / Sedin / Burrows

Booth / Kes / P.A.

Higgy / Goose / Hansen

Moen / Lappy / Prust

Hamhuis / Bieksa

Edler / Wiedeman

Grags / Shultz / Tanev

Alberts

Schniderman / X

Oh ya and if you’re wondering where Kassian is, He is down getting significant minutes with Schroeder getting ready to bust out the next season.

Archived