The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Poll/discussion)Would You Want Hasek As Cory's Backup Next Year?

Gino Gino Gino

Goalie next year?  

227 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gordie Howe was one in a million, but he wasn't a goaltender. He also played in an era of Hockey much different than ours. Hockey 30 years ago was nowhere near as physically demanding, fast, or as skilled. Players now have been training since childhood to be conditioned machines. I'm not saying it's not possible but generally when players enter their 40s it really starts to take a toll on the body. I know Hasek has kept himself in great shape but at 47 a return would really be pushing the odds.

No. He most likely will not want to be a backup, and we do not want him as our starter over Schneider (or Luongo). If he plays again in the NHL, it will probably be for a team that is actually lacking a starting goaltender, not a team that is looking to trade one of two that they already have.

LMFAO!! Best post in ages!

Vintage Canuck - Do you think Lack is ready for the NHL backup role yet? It seems like he had troubles sharing time with Climie at the start of the season, but really found his groove when getting a string of games. I worry about messing with his confidence this early in his career.

No. He most likely will not want to be a backup, and we do not want him as our starter over Schneider (or Luongo). If he plays again in the NHL, it will probably be for a team that is actually lacking a starting goaltender, not a team that is looking to trade one of two that they already have.

Let me get this straight, people hate Lu so much they would rather have Hasek here instead of him?

How does anyone know what is going to happen with this team? Whatever happens during the next while is going to be nail biting and scary no matter who remains here.

The what if game is so dumb.

Hasek will not make this team any better.

Archived