K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

POPULAR

Henrik's top five assists from 2011-12
http://burestriplede...in-2011-12.html

To supplement and, I suppose, support my previous blog/CDC post, I took the unnecessary invaluable liberty of sifting through all 67 of Henrik Sedin's assists from the 2011-12 season.

*Sorry, no one-stop YouTube video here...the five individual links below lead to CanucksTV pages.
**EDIT: Thanks to Millenium, all the videos are embedded into this discussion a few posts down.

Number Five
Nov. 16, 2011; vs. Chicago – 2-on-1 to Hansen
Standard issue 2-on-1 saucer pass. Sadly, this went on to become another blowout loss in Chicago (the undisputed worst kind of blowout loss).

Number Four
Oct. 25, 2011; vs. Edmonton – Backhand drop to Burrows
You really have to be paying attention on this one – partly due to poor video quality and partly because Henrik's pass is so quick in relation to the flow of play. (For a better angle replay, navigate to 3:58 in NHL.com's game recap.) Salo's shot rebounds to Henrik and for whatever reason, Khabibulin assumes Henrik's not gonna drop a no-look pass to Burrows at the last second. The goal brought the Canucks within one in the third period, but they ended up losing this one too.

Number Three
Nov. 6, 2011; vs. Chicago – Cross-ice to Daniel
A powerplay goal from the first half of the season (as if such a goal existed in the second half). Again, Henrik ends up with the puck off a rebound and Crawford plays the shot. *insert CDC favourite face palm here* Henrik throws it the width of the ice with Crawford swimming. 6-2 win for Vancouver.

Number Two
Dec. 1, 2011; vs. Nashville – Half spin-o-rama to Burrows
Off – what else – the cycle, Henrik skates out from behind the net to challenge Preds D Jack Hillen. Who? Exactly. Burrows redirects it past Rinne. 6-5 shootout loss.

Number One
April 4, 2012; vs. Anaheim – wtf...to Burrows
Inside-out-How's-she-doin-behind-the-back-spin-o-rama-goodness. Mind you, the whole thing is moot if not for Burrows' equally impressive shot, but this is just silliness from Henrik. An uncontested number one, in my opinion.

Did I get the order wrong? Miss one entirely? I doubt I have to invite you all to disagree... B)

Edited by bure's triple deke, 27 May 2012 - 06:25 PM.

#2 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,367 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

That whole play versus Anaheim was just dirty.
There wasn't as many great passes as previous years, but that is still a ridiculous package.
Posted Image

#3 canuckelhead70

canuckelhead70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

With Henrik being such a great set up man, any chance we could get the NHL to allow Henrik to pass the puck to Alex or Daniel at the beginning of shoot outs, just to get the puck moving? Then we could use these guys during shoot outs......

#4 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

Great post! I love watching Sedinery like that. They just never cease to amaze.
We are all Canucks

Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!
"I'll play on one leg, I don't care" - Ryan Kesler
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#5 Millennium

Millennium

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

POPULAR

Your welcome :).

#6 kesburlerows

kesburlerows

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

3 out of the 5 are scored by burrlows just goes to show that burr belongs with the twins samuelson didnt have chemistry with them, pyatt, bernier, all got long looks with them and fell flat but burr got one chance and hasnt looked back since
Posted Image

Thanks to K.Welly for the sig

1. Vancouver canucks

2a. Edmonton Oilers
2b. New Jersey Devils
2c. Buffalo Sabres
3. Tampa Bay Lightning

#7 GoaltenderInterference

GoaltenderInterference

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

Thank you! I didn't want to wait for CanucksTV to load. :)

Press the Panic Button! Posted Image

Posted Image
Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien, Wade Belak, Lokomotiv Jaroslavl
Sig by .CM.

#8 BiasedCarrot

BiasedCarrot

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

With Henrik being such a great set up man, any chance we could get the NHL to allow Henrik to pass the puck to Alex or Daniel at the beginning of shoot outs, just to get the puck moving? Then we could use these guys during shoot outs......

Burrows is probably our best shootout guy, he scores every time he does the fake wrist shot backhand move.

#9 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,389 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

And some people want to trade the Sedins?

Haha.
Posted Image

#10 crime911

crime911

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

I give this thread +1000000. Its been while for good original thread.
Posted Image

#11 bure's triple deke

bure's triple deke

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:22 PM

Wow, awesome! Thanks so much. I underestimated YouTube... Didn't think they'd have each individual goal.

#12 Millennium

Millennium

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

Wow, awesome! Thanks so much. I underestimated YouTube... Didn't think they'd have each individual goal.

No problem. I dont like CanucksTV; takes too long to load =p.

I enjoy the list. It's especially hard to choose Henrik's top 5 because all his passes are that spectacular.

Never underestimate Youtube! Especially with CanucksHD and Makaveli!

#13 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

I dunno if it's just me but the cross-ice pass to Daniel seemed pretty normal, probably not a top 5 by Hank's standards.

#14 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:47 PM

i loved the offensive line lapierre-sedin-burrows

#15 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:47 PM

i loved the offensive line lapierre-sedin-burrows

#16 bure's triple deke

bure's triple deke

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:35 PM

I dunno if it's just me but the cross-ice pass to Daniel seemed pretty normal, probably not a top 5 by Hank's standards.

I can see that. I mostly chose it because of how out of position Crawford, and really, all the rest of the Blackhawks defenders were. I think most players in that scenario would have directed it back on net and that's reflected in the fact virtually everyone on the ice played the shot.

#17 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:30 AM

Henrik's was my favourite
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#18 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:35 AM

Its nice to watch the Canucks do something positive, unlike the vast majority of the offseason where its all "Gillis/AV are idiots" Luongo won't get us anything, our top 6 is horrible, etc.

I think my favourite was Hank's sauce to Hansen (#5).
Posted Image
Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#19 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

Henrik's top five assists from 2011-12
http://burestriplede...in-2011-12.html

To supplement and, I suppose, support my previous blog/CDC post, I took the unnecessary invaluable liberty of sifting through all 67 of Henrik Sedin's assists from the 2011-12 season.

*Sorry, no one-stop YouTube video here...the five individual links below lead to CanucksTV pages.
**EDIT: Thanks to Millenium, all the videos are embedded into this discussion a few posts down.

Number Five
Nov. 16, 2011; vs. Chicago – 2-on-1 to Hansen
Standard issue 2-on-1 saucer pass. Sadly, this went on to become another blowout loss in Chicago (the undisputed worst kind of blowout loss).

Number Four
Oct. 25, 2011; vs. Edmonton – Backhand drop to Burrows
You really have to be paying attention on this one – partly due to poor video quality and partly because Henrik's pass is so quick in relation to the flow of play. (For a better angle replay, navigate to 3:58 in NHL.com's game recap.) Salo's shot rebounds to Henrik and for whatever reason, Khabibulin assumes Henrik's not gonna drop a no-look pass to Burrows at the last second. The goal brought the Canucks within one in the third period, but they ended up losing this one too.

Number Three
Nov. 6, 2011; vs. Chicago – Cross-ice to Daniel
A powerplay goal from the first half of the season (as if such a goal existed in the second half). Again, Henrik ends up with the puck off a rebound and Crawford plays the shot. *insert CDC favourite face palm here* Henrik throws it the width of the ice with Crawford swimming. 6-2 win for Vancouver.

Number Two
Dec. 1, 2011; vs. Nashville – Half spin-o-rama to Burrows
Off – what else – the cycle, Henrik skates out from behind the net to challenge Preds D Jack Hillen. Who? Exactly. Burrows redirects it past Rinne. 6-5 shootout loss.

Number One
April 4, 2012; vs. Anaheim – wtf...to Burrows
Inside-out-How's-she-doin-behind-the-back-spin-o-rama-goodness. Mind you, the whole thing is moot if not for Burrows' equally impressive shot, but this is just silliness from Henrik. An uncontested number one, in my opinion.

Did I get the order wrong? Miss one entirely? I doubt I have to invite you all to disagree... B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAhpSQA9J8U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkT9jfPTUtI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YvhN1NQL00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9-guiAuMzA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzo6y4JOCjc

Yup.

CanucksHD is your friend ;) You can pretty much find any goal on YouTube.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.