Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

[2012] Canucks Mock Draft

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
59 replies to this topic

#1 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

I know its early to be making a mock draft because picks can go back and forth between trades, but im bored so here is my mock draft for the Canucks.

1st Round: 26th Pick
C - Colton Sissons GP:58 G:26 A:15 P:41
Skate's hard despite being big he doesn't get held back. At 6'1 190Ibs he plays hard and love's to lay the body while creating room for his linemates. He's got a sharp hockey mind and knows where to be on the ice. The scouts have him going around 23rd overall and able to play a top 6 role in the NHL while continuing to work on his all around game. He also has a lethal shot.

2nd Round: 57th Pick
LW - Coda Gordon GP:66 G:30 A:23 P:53
Size is similar to Sissons at 6'1 190Ibs. Solid at wing with great strength and ability to generate offence and score. He reads the ice well, finds the open spots, and has good feet. Scored 30 goals as a WHL rookie and can put up the points.

5th Round: 147th Pick
RW - Taylor Burke GP:42 G:6 A:13 P:19
A raw winger with a good asset down low. Hard worker that continues to work on his skating after being out for the beggining of last year with shoulder surgery. Needs to be confident to play that rugged take no prisoner style of hockey.

6th Round: 177th Pick
G - Corbin Boes GP:41 GA:106 GAA: 2.84 SV% 0.916
Huge rookie goalie at 6'3 216Ibs with 20 wins and an excellent save percentage with a blossing game.

7th Round: 207th Pick
LW - Billy Jenkins GP:64 G:10 A:24 P:34
Crafty small left wing at 5'10 165Ibs. A puck carrier with big time speed and lateral abilities. Has potential offensive prowess but yet to blossom.

Thoughts? Any changes?

cL3GIZK.jpg

Credit to Parise11 for the amazing sig!

#2 morrissex95

morrissex95

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:29 PM

You didn't draft a single D-man.
Posted Image

#3 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:32 PM

I know I hope they will draft a D-man but the wingers I drafted are better at wing then the D is at D.

EDIT: Plus I think the Canucks will scoop up Garrison.

Edited by Kassian Bashian, 27 May 2012 - 09:36 PM.

cL3GIZK.jpg

#4 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:41 PM

You forgot to draft another 1st rounder for the Luongo blockbuster trade.

:bigblush:

Edited by Saskatoon Boy, 27 May 2012 - 09:43 PM.

Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#5 c00kies

c00kies

Cookie Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,396 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:41 PM

I know I hope they will draft a D-man but the wingers I drafted are better at wing then the D is at D.

EDIT: Plus I think the Canucks will scoop up Garrison.

You also have to keep in mind that defensemen take longer to develop, so the forwards will obviously look better at their position heading into the draft.
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#6 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:45 PM

To TORONTO:
Luongo

To VANCOUVER:
Leafs 5th overall pick (Ryan Murray)?

cL3GIZK.jpg

#7 D.Doughty

D.Doughty

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:49 PM

I bet we're going to package our 1st to move up the draft and draft a stud d.

#8 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,927 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

I really don't think we need to draft another goalie before we draft a D man. With one of our first 2 picks I reckon we get a D man.
Posted Image

#9 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,466 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:57 PM

To TORONTO:
Luongo

To VANCOUVER:

LOL. Not a chance Murray will be available at 5th overall. I'd either Reilly, Reinhart, or
Galchenyuk with that pick.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#10 canucklesmith

canucklesmith

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:57 PM

I like it. A lot of WHL'ers. In the 2nd round I would take a shot at Brian Hart. Sounds like a project but could be worth the risk.

I also like Zane Jones in the 5th round. Big winger, who is the nephew of Lanny McDonald. Plays for the Victoria Royals.

#11 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

Can we please not draft a goalie this year? We have a lot. Schneider will also play for about 12 years for us minimum. So we don't need a goalie for now.
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#12 canucklesmith

canucklesmith

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

To TORONTO:
Luongo

To VANCOUVER:

No way Burke is doing that

#13 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

LOL. A bit of a chance Murray will be available at 5th overall. I'd either Reilly, Reinhart, or
Galchenyuk with that pick.

Fixed err a lil bitty. I think it will go 1. Nail Yakupov 2. Mikhail Grigorenko 3. Filip Forsberg 4. Alex Galchenyuk 5. Ryan Murray.
Normally I would have Murray ahead of Galchenyuk but NYI could use a Center that they can develope along this their rebuild

cL3GIZK.jpg

#14 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,927 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:09 PM

Fixed err a lil bitty. I think it will go 1. Nail Yakupov 2. Mikhail Grigorenko 3. Filip Forsberg 4. Alex Galchenyuk 5. Ryan Murray.
Normally I would have Murray ahead of Galchenyuk but NYI could use a Center that they can develope along this their rebuild

No chance Murray is available as the 5th pick, either Edmonton or Columbus will select him 2nd.
1. Yakupov
2. Murray
3. Grigorenko
4. Forsberg
5. Galchenyuk
Posted Image

#15 canucklesmith

canucklesmith

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

Ryan Murray will be a top 4 defenseman but he's not going to be some stud, game changer like Duncan Keith or Ryan Suter. He does everything well but hes not outstanding. Morgan Reilly, Mathew Dumba and Griffin Reinhardt all have a bigger up side, but Murray is the safe pick.

#16 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:21 PM

Ryan Murray will be a top 4 defenseman but he's not going to be some stud, game changer like Duncan Keith or Ryan Suter. He does everything well but hes not outstanding. Morgan Reilly, Mathew Dumba and Griffin Reinhardt all have a bigger up side, but Murray is the safe pick.

I think you's a lil bitty right about dat daer statment about the murr being a safe wagon pick butta................
The dumbs would be more of a defensive defensman derpity doooooo.

cL3GIZK.jpg

#17 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,415 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:30 PM

I'd rather we trade up in the draft, and get a better centerman like Girgensons or Gaunce. We're pretty week in centerman prospects, and it would be nice to pick up a guy, that in a few years can replace kesler if he continues his antics. Plus you can never go wrong with a centerman as they are capable of playing the wing.
Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#18 bigpush

bigpush

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

If he is there I would really like to see Scott Laughton picked.

"He has been compared to and patterns his game after Mike Richards. He improved his offensive play as the OHL season wore on, and given his character it comes as no surprise he has elevated his game thus far into the OHL playoffs. Even if Laughton is not contributing offensively, he always excels defensively, working extremely hard away from the puck. He’ll have to work on his speed, but his vision and hockey IQ set this takeaway machine up to be an impact player in the big league."

more info
http://thehockeywrit...et-a-laught-on/

I also think Luckas Sutter could be a guy to take a chance on with the 1st round pick.

Coda Gordon, Brian Hart and Chandler Stephenson are guys who look good as a 2nd round pick as well.

get much info from http://www.draftsite...ft/2012/round1/ ?

#19 Phamda

Phamda

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:46 PM

26th - Martin Frk
57th - Henrik Samuelsson
147th - Anton Zlobin
177th - Alex Gudbranson
207th - Ryan Rupert

i hope we move some players for some third rd picks. I'd like the Canucks to draft Nick Ebert and Adam Pelech in the third round. Drafting eiter in the 2nd would be too early and at 147th they'll probably be gone.

#20 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

"He has been compared to and patterns his game after Mike Richards. He improved his offensive play as the OHL season wore on, and given his character it comes as no surprise he has elevated his game thus far into the OHL playoffs. Even if Laughton is not contributing offensively, he always excels defensively, working extremely hard away from the puck. He’ll have to work on his speed, but his vision and hockey IQ set this takeaway machine up to be an impact player in the big league."

more info

I also think Luckas Sutter could be a guy to take a chance on with the 1st round pick.

Coda Gordon, Brian Hart and Chandler Stephenson are guys who look good as a 2nd round pick as well.

no...... :bigblush:

cL3GIZK.jpg

#21 Phamda

Phamda

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:55 PM

more info

Wow. Draftsite.com is all over the place in there drafting. They have Adam Pelech getting drafted at 63, when hes ranked 140 among NA skaters and Henrik Samuelsson at 23 when he's ranked 75. I know CSS rankings arent everything but they do give a pretty good indictation where they'll be drafted.

#22 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:55 PM

I bet we're going to package our 1st to move up the draft and draft a stud d.

People seem to bet we are going to do that every year and it never happens so im going to bet we dont
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#23 bigpush

bigpush

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:02 PM

Wow. Draftsite.com is all over the place in there drafting. They have Adam Pelech getting drafted at 63, when hes ranked 140 among NA skaters and Henrik Samuelsson at 23 when he's ranked 75. I know CSS rankings arent everything but they do give a pretty good indictation where they'll be drafted.

I don't think there has been much consensus outside of the top 15 this year .

#24 bigpush

bigpush

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:03 PM

People seem to bet we are going to do that every year and it never happens so im going to bet we dont

While I agree with you about people dreaming every year, we usually don't have a starting goalie to trade every year.

#25 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,466 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:21 PM

I think we should flip Ballard to Cbj for their 2nd (32nd)

26th: Colton Sissons
32nd: Henrik Samuelsson
57th: Martin Frk

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#26 nd84

nd84

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:28 PM

That's what I noticed. Don't have too much knowledge about the prospects this year aside from the big names but I think we would have to draft a defenseman within the first 4-5 rounds cause that was one of our significant struggles this season
Posted Image

#27 Rounoush

Rounoush

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:44 PM

If we pick up Justin Schultz, that takes care of our D problem right there.
Posted Image
Thanks a bunch to khalifawiz501 for the signature.

#28 Herberts Vasiljevs

Herberts Vasiljevs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:47 PM

I'm hoping we can nab another first rounder out of either Toronto or Tampa Bay. But with what we have so far in the first three rounds, I'd like to see this:

1st round: Hampus Lindholm http://www.elitepros...hp?player=34882 /Dalton Thrower http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=45529

2nd round: Brian Hart http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=131064/Josh Anderson http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=95853

3rd round: Jujhar Kharia http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=93577

I think the majority of our next few picks would be leaned on towards our Swedish scouting that we're so well known for, that being said, it would be nice to see Hampus Lindholm or Ludvig Bystrom fall into our hands for the 26th overall pick.

That's just my take!!!

Cheers,
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

oif7li.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuckfor the awesome sig!

#29 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:50 PM

26th: Ludvig Bystrom/Dalton Thrower
56th: Henrik Samuelsson or Tim Bozon
98th (Package our 5th 2012 and 6th 2013 to Minnesota for their 4th): Jujhar Khaira
177th: Nathan Walker
207th: Give the pick to Gradin.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#30 Herberts Vasiljevs

Herberts Vasiljevs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:51 PM

btw, good post OP, I didn't have much time to fill in on any of my prospects, but I'm with you on some of your picks though :towel:

oif7li.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuckfor the awesome sig!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.