The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[2012] Canucks Mock Draft

The Magician

I know its early to be making a mock draft because picks can go back and forth between trades, but im bored so here is my mock draft for the Canucks.

1st Round: 26th Pick

C - Colton Sissons GP:58 G:26 A:15 P:41

Skate's hard despite being big he doesn't get held back. At 6'1 190Ibs he plays hard and love's to lay the body while creating room for his linemates. He's got a sharp hockey mind and knows where to be on the ice. The scouts have him going around 23rd overall and able to play a top 6 role in the NHL while continuing to work on his all around game. He also has a lethal shot.

2nd Round: 57th Pick

LW - Coda Gordon GP:66 G:30 A:23 P:53

Size is similar to Sissons at 6'1 190Ibs. Solid at wing with great strength and ability to generate offence and score. He reads the ice well, finds the open spots, and has good feet. Scored 30 goals as a WHL rookie and can put up the points.

5th Round: 147th Pick

RW - Taylor Burke GP:42 G:6 A:13 P:19

A raw winger with a good asset down low. Hard worker that continues to work on his skating after being out for the beggining of last year with shoulder surgery. Needs to be confident to play that rugged take no prisoner style of hockey.

6th Round: 177th Pick

G - Corbin Boes GP:41 GA:106 GAA: 2.84 SV% 0.916

Huge rookie goalie at 6'3 216Ibs with 20 wins and an excellent save percentage with a blossing game.

7th Round: 207th Pick

LW - Billy Jenkins GP:64 G:10 A:24 P:34

Crafty small left wing at 5'10 165Ibs. A puck carrier with big time speed and lateral abilities. Has potential offensive prowess but yet to blossom.

Thoughts? Any changes?

Fixed err a lil bitty. I think it will go 1. Nail Yakupov 2. Mikhail Grigorenko 3. Filip Forsberg 4. Alex Galchenyuk 5. Ryan Murray.

Normally I would have Murray ahead of Galchenyuk but NYI could use a Center that they can develope along this their rebuild

Ryan Murray will be a top 4 defenseman but he's not going to be some stud, game changer like Duncan Keith or Ryan Suter. He does everything well but hes not outstanding. Morgan Reilly, Mathew Dumba and Griffin Reinhardt all have a bigger up side, but Murray is the safe pick.

Ryan Murray will be a top 4 defenseman but he's not going to be some stud, game changer like Duncan Keith or Ryan Suter. He does everything well but hes not outstanding. Morgan Reilly, Mathew Dumba and Griffin Reinhardt all have a bigger up side, but Murray is the safe pick.

I'd rather we trade up in the draft, and get a better centerman like Girgensons or Gaunce. We're pretty week in centerman prospects, and it would be nice to pick up a guy, that in a few years can replace kesler if he continues his antics. Plus you can never go wrong with a centerman as they are capable of playing the wing.

If he is there I would really like to see Scott Laughton picked.

"He has been compared to and patterns his game after Mike Richards. He improved his offensive play as the OHL season wore on, and given his character it comes as no surprise he has elevated his game thus far into the OHL playoffs. Even if Laughton is not contributing offensively, he always excels defensively, working extremely hard away from the puck. He’ll have to work on his speed, but his vision and hockey IQ set this takeaway machine up to be an impact player in the big league."

more info

http://thehockeywriters.com/scott-laughton-the-next-ones-nhl-2012-draft-prospect-profile-a-player-you-can-bet-a-laught-on/

I also think Luckas Sutter could be a guy to take a chance on with the 1st round pick.

Coda Gordon, Brian Hart and Chandler Stephenson are guys who look good as a 2nd round pick as well.

get much info from http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2012/round1/ ?

26th - Martin Frk

57th - Henrik Samuelsson

147th - Anton Zlobin

177th - Alex Gudbranson

207th - Ryan Rupert

i hope we move some players for some third rd picks. I'd like the Canucks to draft Nick Ebert and Adam Pelech in the third round. Drafting eiter in the 2nd would be too early and at 147th they'll probably be gone.

If he is there I would really like to see Scott Laughton picked.

"He has been compared to and patterns his game after Mike Richards. He improved his offensive play as the OHL season wore on, and given his character it comes as no surprise he has elevated his game thus far into the OHL playoffs. Even if Laughton is not contributing offensively, he always excels defensively, working extremely hard away from the puck. He’ll have to work on his speed, but his vision and hockey IQ set this takeaway machine up to be an impact player in the big league."

more info

http://thehockeywrit...et-a-laught-on/

I also think Luckas Sutter could be a guy to take a chance on with the 1st round pick.

Coda Gordon, Brian Hart and Chandler Stephenson are guys who look good as a 2nd round pick as well.

get much info from http://www.draftsite...ft/2012/round1/ ?

Archived