The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[2012] Canucks Mock Draft

The Magician

If he is there I would really like to see Scott Laughton picked.

"He has been compared to and patterns his game after Mike Richards. He improved his offensive play as the OHL season wore on, and given his character it comes as no surprise he has elevated his game thus far into the OHL playoffs. Even if Laughton is not contributing offensively, he always excels defensively, working extremely hard away from the puck. He’ll have to work on his speed, but his vision and hockey IQ set this takeaway machine up to be an impact player in the big league."

more info

http://thehockeywrit...et-a-laught-on/

I also think Luckas Sutter could be a guy to take a chance on with the 1st round pick.

Coda Gordon, Brian Hart and Chandler Stephenson are guys who look good as a 2nd round pick as well.

get much info from http://www.draftsite...ft/2012/round1/ ?

1st Round: 26th Overall

Tomas Hertl (Centre, HC Slavia Praha, CZE) -- Projected to be a solid two-way second line Centre, who can be used in every situation. Already putting up decent offensive numbers (25 points in 38 games) against men in the Czech Republic, and was arguably one of their strongests player in last years WJC. Being compared to Martin Hanzal.

2nd Round: 57th Overall

Brett Kulak (Defence, Vancouver Giants, WHL) -- Projected to be a reliable second or third pairing Dman, smooth skater, and very sound in his own end. Comparable to Andrew MacDonald.

5th Round: 147th Overall

Anton Zlobin (RW/LW, Shawnigan Cataracts, QMJHL) -- Despite Russian factor (and MG's recent hesitance towards Russians) he could be worth the risk seeing as he has already been in NA for 2 years. Though not a fast skater, he is extremely elusive, and has good offensive vision. Has also proven he can step up in the clutch as shown by his performance in the Memorial Cup. Comparable to Jiri Tlusty.

6th Round: 177th Overall

Jay Dickman (C/LW, St. Paul Johnson, High-MN) -- Huge body at 6'5 240 lbs, manhandled opponents all season long, finished season in USHL. Has the skill set to be a decent offensive contributor, and the frame to be a bonafide enforcer. Comparable to Brian Boyle.

7th Round: 207th Overall

Tomas Spelling (RW, Herning Blue Fox, Denmark) -- Has been making great strides in the Danish Mens league, since winning rookie of the year in 10/11. Plays a fairly sounds all around game, and has a decent offensive flair. Off of the radar for most teams, could be a good sleeper pick (plus the Canucks seem to love the Danish). Comparable to Nick Hagman.

I was looking at the TSN draft rankings and noticed Tanner Pearson at #42. What gives? 37G, 54A for 91 pnts and is a +21. He looks like a top 5 pick. There's gotta be something about him that's scaring teams. Any ideas?

1st : Colton Sissons / Dalton Thrower

2nd: Henrik Samuelson/ Scott Laughton/ Adam Pelech/ Tim Bozon

Colton Sissons: From North Vancouver, power forward, natural leader, 100% effort every time he steps on the ice, patterns his game after Ryan Kesler

Dalton Thrower: Also from North Vancouver, has been compared by many to Kevin Bieksa. Described as a throwback player, loves to play a "mean" game. Used in all situations, and not afraid to drop the gloves.

Henrik Samuellson : Son of Ulf Samuellson, he inherited some of his dads nastiness, but with a lot more skill. A great combination of size, skill, and grit. Probably projects to be a 3rd liner, but a "safe pick" to make it to the nhl with his style of play. Could have a bigger offensive impact in the future though, mcuh like Ryan O'Reilly.

Scott Laughton: Described as a two way forward in the mold of Mike Richards. Offensive numbers may be on the low side because he played a defensive roll for the Oshawa Generals on the third line behind Niklas Jensen, Boone Jenner, Lucas Lessio etc.

Adam Pelech: Mike Gillis' nephew. Was named Eerie Otters defenseman of the year, as well as overall player of the year. Alternate Captain behind Matt Dumba at the u-18 tournament. Has top 4 defensive defenseman potential.

Tim Bozon : Scored 36 goals, putting him first in the WHL for rookie scoring, and second in overall points with 71 points in 71 games. For a comparison, Sven Bartschi put up 85 points in 66 games as a WHL rookie and went 13th overall. Bartschi looks like he could be a true offensive force in the NHL if he keeps developing, and if Bozon is anywhere near that level he could be a steal for a second round pick.

26th - Martin Frk

57th - Henrik Samuelsson

147th - Anton Zlobin

177th - Alex Gudbranson

207th - Ryan Rupert

i hope we move some players for some third rd picks. I'd like the Canucks to draft Nick Ebert and Adam Pelech in the third round. Drafting eiter in the 2nd would be too early and at 147th they'll probably be gone.

Starting to think and lean toward the Canuks drafting him at 26th. He's a natural center and can play the wing. Hes over 200 lbs already and still has some baby fat he's burning off. his head coach feels he could play in the NHL at 19.

TSN, NHL have Colton Sissons ranked at 14th, and the THN has him ranked at 40th, and mynhldraft.com has him mock drafted at 29th. So he is kind of all over the board. What has got me scratching my head is why Tanner Pearson on the NHL Draft site is ranked at 25th after posting 34G's 54A's 91P. That's a pretty incredible season in the OHL. But i was reading an article in THN magazine and they said that he is a bit of a late bloomer, and didn't really take that step towards getting serious. So i think that Pearsons might be a bit of a gamble maybe? That would scare a few teams off no? I think that anyone would be speculative towards using their first round pick for a player that might develop later? Or is a really late bloomer and would take more years to develop than other players?

Apparently, Vancouver is one of Nail Yakupov's favourite teams. I bet he'll pull a Lindros and want a trade to the Canucks! JK.

Edit: Also Reinhart and Reilly favourite teams are the Canucks too! Not too shocked though because Reinhart's dad played for us and Reilly is from Vancity.

I have watched Adam Pelech the last 2 season in the ohl. He is a very solid defenseman who was ranked higher going into the season but missed 6 weeks with a broken wrist. I wouldnt be afraid to take him with the 2nd pick. Has the potenial to be a top 3 defense. Someone also mentioned Troy Donnay. Only saw him play half a season but if he is still around in the later rounds he would be a solid pick as well. 6'7" needs to bulk up some but has toughness that they could use.

We could trade up to get d-G.Reinhart or D-R.Murray I wopuld say these two guys are pretty good at Def and would be huge for van in a couple of years, mabey put them with Tanev and Edler?

T.Burke would fit in in Van for sure he plays our style of hockey, I see C.Sissions as another Raymond.

We could also trade for guys like E.Gudbranson in FLA. or Q.Howden in FLA, mabey try to get B.Schen out of PHI. The options are many for MG. I just hope he is smart with the trades that he has to make. There are lots of prospects out there that have already established themselves that we may be able to get with Luo,Raymond, mabey Beiksa, Ballard, we have lots or trade bait to mabey get ourselves a great young gun. You could even add S.Couturier in there as well.

Archived