The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thank You Luongo

FattieAcid

Thank-you Luongo.

For the one who got me into watching Canucks hockey. It looks like we may have to part ways, and that saddens me. But it seems as if he wants to find a new identity in some other city, with some other hockey club. Whatever he wants to do, I'll be supporting him throughout the rest of his career. Really hate to see him leave (if it does happen), but we have another great net-minder who can bring glory to the Canucks.

Guess I have to clarify. The correct useage would have been "say most ignorant fans". So yes there is something wrong with your grammar. Ignorant and stupid are synonyms. Rule of Thumb can be capitalized if it is a title (which in this case it was)...and you're the twit.

Luongo is not up with those guys? A stud goalie that brings the Canucks to the Stanley Cup Finals and got just as close as Linden to hoisting the cup. Sadly people only remember that Roberto "choked" in that series even when he posts 2 shut outs. Gillis signed him to a 12 year contract for a reason, to be our #1 goalie for years to come.

I wish Roberto the best, but he's not staying. With the stigma of Cory Schneider on him now, and adding Vigneault's comments... Roberto's value may be low, but if we were to trade Cory now, Cory's value would be even lower as teams would know we were trading him because we couldn't move Roberto.

Good luck, wherever you go, Luongo. I'll still be cheering for you. I'll always remember 2007 and 2011.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, I knew this would start up a whole debate again, but I wanted to show everyone, and by everyone i mean the haters, how Lu has actually been for the Canucks. He definitely deserves the cup, better on the canucks, but if it's with another team, I'd still be really happy for him.

For all haters out there, look to the right..tumblr_lj5fykd20v1qga8mq.gif

Thanks everyone for the feedback, I knew this would start up a whole debate again, but I wanted to show everyone, and by everyone i mean the haters, how Lu has actually been for the Canucks. He definitely deserves the cup, better on the canucks, but if it's with another team, I'd still be really happy for him.

For all haters out there, look to the right..tumblr_lj5fykd20v1qga8mq.gif

What are people going to remember the most the 2 shut outs or the 3 games where he let in 20 plus goals? Other than that, the video was good. But Canucks can't afford to have any more of the Luongo playoff melt downs.

I'm definitely a fan of Lu, but to say he's the "best thing to ever happen to this team...even more so then 16" is giving the guy too much credit. Linden's days as a Canuck trump Luongo's days. I'll admit it would favor Lu had he brought home the cup last year, but without that accomplishment in the uniform Lu doesn't stand a chance to #16 in that regard. Bure, McLean, Smyl, Naslund, and Kurtenbach are in the ranks of #16. Last year Lu had his chance and with any luck, Schneider will have his soon.

Why would you say that, you want the door to hit Luongo on the way out? That's cruel... Everyoneelse in the NHL got to run over him, and you want to throw in the door, some fan you are.

Actually, I feel bad for Lou, and his first couple of years here, he was great, then Turco blew him up with the cardboard knee protectors, and he hasn't been the same since.

Archived