The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thank You Luongo

FattieAcid

In 2 years all Vancouver "fans" who drove Luongo out of this city will be regretting it. He is the best thing to ever happen to this team...even more so then 16.. Ya I said it.. Team wise he is the best thing that ever happened

I remember how excited I was in the summer of '06 when we aquired him, I couldn't wait for the season to begin. He won us games day in and day out that season, I''d never seen goaltending like that since I started watching the team. Crazy how he gets called out and ridiculed over the smallest things. Part of me hopes he stays for another season but it makes sense to go with Cory from here on out. Hopefully Lu gets a cup by the time he ends his career.

I'm definitely a fan of Lu, but to say he's the "best thing to ever happen to this team...even more so then 16" is giving the guy too much credit. Linden's days as a Canuck trump Luongo's days. I'll admit it would favor Lu had he brought home the cup last year, but without that accomplishment in the uniform Lu doesn't stand a chance to #16 in that regard. Bure, McLean, Smyl, Naslund, and Kurtenbach are in the ranks of #16. Last year Lu had his chance and with any luck, Schneider will have his soon.

Schneider could not hold together after the Canucks were eliminated; he was shaky at best.

Luongo on the other hand, has payed his dues in this league and deserves a much better treatment than what he's getting on the West Coast.

Careful what you wish for fans, for there might be very dark days ahead.

In Luongo we trust.

Schneider could not hold together after the Canucks were eliminated; he was shaky at best.

Luongo on the other hand, has payed his dues in this league and deserves a much better treatment than what he's getting on the West Coast.

Careful what you wish for fans, for there might be very dark days ahead.

In Luongo we trust.

I'm definitely a fan of Lu, but to say he's the "best thing to ever happen to this team...even more so then 16" is giving the guy too much credit. Linden's days as a Canuck trump Luongo's days. I'll admit it would favor Lu had he brought home the cup last year, but without that accomplishment in the uniform Lu doesn't stand a chance to #16 in that regard. Bure, McLean, Smyl, Naslund, and Kurtenbach are in the ranks of #16. Last year Lu had his chance and with any luck, Schneider will have his soon.

I think a lot of “fans” do not appreciate what we have in Luongo. There have been times when he has let a soft goal or two but it happens to the best of them. Also there are times when he has not had help from his defense. He has been a class act from day one. I have watched the Canucks from day one and he is the best goalie the Canucks have had to date and unfortunately we will not really appreciate what the Canucks had until it is too late. There are just “fans” out there that will never be happy. The same guys that trashed Kurt McLean when he played here are the same ones that put him up as a god now. We really do not deserve to have a player that is a professional through and through.

There's nothing wrong with my grammar you little twit, and I most certainly didn't call anyone stupid.

Speaking of grammar, why the hell did you put a capital on the word "thumb"?

Rule of thumb: If you're going to try and call someone out for grammatical errors, don't make mistakes yourself.

Also IMO...you are one of the most ignorant people on this board, and your post history proves that. Now before you go off nerd raging I suggest you go look up the word "ignorant" just an FYI, it doesn't mean "stupid"

Go find someone else to attack because your childish antics won't work with me.

...and that is exactly why we should keep our best goalie.

I'm a long-time Luongo fan, but he's no longer the best Vancouver Canuck goalie. And he's only going to decline, while Shneids gets better.

But props to the OP - Lu was the man for our franchise for many years. Hope he is successful wherever he ends up.

Props to OP for the "Best Luongo Video" I have seen. Major chills, especially at 2:08 when he was hugging Pavol (RIP).

It will be a sad day if/when he leaves the Canucks.

GoCanucksGo!!

Haven't been a big Lou fan for the past few years but he did as you say carry this team to a different level and does deserve respect for what he has done for the franchise. It is best that he is traded now for his own sake, to enable him to play the game he loves without so much bad press.

He is somewhat a victim of his own talents, shades of greatness, those glimpses of Brodeuresque, Royesque, Hasekesque abilites but he could never quite get over the hump because of inconsistency at important times.

We should thank him, appreciate him and what he has done for our team, but also realize it is time for Schnieds to take the reins, a new era, and hope the Lou goes somewhere where he can shine again, that we get value in return and both sides end up winning.

As much as I have been a Lou detractor, one thing I could never say was that guy wanted to win, was a competitor, and cared about Vancouver, for that we all owe him respect, not to mention his achievements here.

Archived