The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Amex Thoughts?

Silfverberg Snipes

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What's the general consensus around here about keeping the Amex line together for next season? There's lots of talk about trading for a winger for Kesler or even trading him (which I thoroughly disagree with). What people don't seem to be thinking about is the possibility of keeping these guys together and seeing if they can build chemistry together.

Now this is purely based on the priceless photo of the three on the front page but it seems like the three amigo's get along quite well. What are your opinions on our 2nd line?

Nucks aren't getting any top notch UFA.

THe pool is small and there are many teams with bundles of cash also in need of those very same players - Detroit has over $20Million in cash and has already announced, it will be a major spender this year.

The Nucks are hog-tied by too many large contracts they can't move or at least, not easily...Ballard, Luongo, Booth, Bieksa tieing up too much cap space. WHen you are using up $4.5M for a 3rd pairing defenceman, you aren't going to have much left over to shop the big names.

Why does everyone want to keep trading for other teams players?

If were going to win, were going to win with a nucleas that knows how to play with eachother and wants to play with eachother. The only way that happens is by growing this team together.

Im sick of hearing about how we need to trade for a player to play with Kesler. Its time Kesler start playing for others as well. He was so selfish this season at times that it made me sick. I have been the biggest Kesler fan since we drafted him... When he was signed to a offer sheet from the Flyers I prayed we would keep him because I knew he would turn out to be a top line player. And he has... but a front line player needs to make others around him better. He showed chemistry with Booth for about one game.. THATS IT. ONE game.

We have Kassian, Jensen who are both going to be 2 amazing players. Its time Vignault start working them into our core. I know Jensen is young, and hasnt even played pro yet, but this team needs an injection of youth on their top 2 lines especially.

As much as you liked seeing the Amex line together for the three games they actually played well together, that isnt a line that is going to work long term. Higgins simply isnt a 2nd line player.

If we can deal Schnieder for a Brett Connolly type player, Gillis needs to jump right on that. We need a young player who can play now and can be a star for us for many years down the road.

Also, enough of these bloody Americans who dont even care about winning in Vancouver. I have gotten no feeling whatsoever from Higgins or Booth that they care to win in this city. None. Booth spends more time bible thumping and planning where hes going on his next hunting trip than actually winning. This team needs players like Burrows, Bieksa, Hamhuis who would give anything to win here for this city.

If were going to win, were going to win with a nucleas that knows how to play with eachother

and wants to play with eachother. The only way that happens is by growing this team together.

Im sick of hearing about how we need to trade for a player to play with Kesler. Its time Kesler start playing for others as well. He was so selfish this season at times that it made me sick. I have

been the biggest Kesler fan since we drafted him... When he was signed to a offer sheet from the Flyers I prayed we would keep him because I knew he would turn out to be a top line player.

And he has... but a front line player needs to make others around him better. He showed chemistry with Booth for about one game.. THATS IT. ONE .

Also, enough of these bloody Americans who dont even care about winning in Vancouver. I have gotten no feeling whatsoever from Higgins or Booth that they care to win in this city. None. Booth spends more time bible thumping and planning where hes going on his next hunting trip than actually winning. This team needs players like Burrows, Bieksa, Hamhuis who would give anything to win here for this city.

If were going to win, were going to win with a nucleas that knows how to play with eachother and wants to play with eachother. The only way that happens is by growing this team together.

Im sick of hearing about how we need to trade for a player to play with Kesler. Its time Kesler start playing for others as well. He was so selfish this season at times that it made me sick. I have been the biggest Kesler fan since we drafted him... When he was signed to a offer sheet from the Flyers I prayed we would keep him because I knew he would turn out to be a top line player. And he has... but a front line player needs to make others around him better. He showed chemistry with Booth for about one game.. THATS IT. ONE game.

We have Kassian, Jensen who are both going to be 2 amazing players. Its time Vignault start working them into our core. I know Jensen is young, and hasnt even played pro yet, but this team needs an injection of youth on their top 2 lines especially.

As much as you liked seeing the Amex line together for the three games they actually played well together, that isnt a line that is going to work long term. Higgins simply isnt a 2nd line player.

If we can deal Schnieder for a Brett Connolly type player, Gillis needs to jump right on that. We need a young player who can play now and can be a star for us for many years down the road.

I think the second line would be better off with a highly skilled top 6 playmaker to get Booth and Kesler going. No disrespect to Higgins but he doesn't have the type of passing vision or a lethal wrist shot to raise their game. If we improve our defense and 3rd line and keep AMEX together I wouldn't mind though.

It's simple you cannot say the AMEX line does not need a playmaker...

Kesler will never be a playmaker because hes a scorer (didn;t want to call him a sniper)

Booth is a grinding scorer

Kes is good for 35-40 goals booth 30 goals - with a playmaker on there line..

its pretty simple to see that they need a playmaker

yes higgins is a great player but that doesn't mean that he can be that guy

its obvious they need a play maker!

Archived