The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Amex Thoughts?

Silfverberg Snipes

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Honestly, I think we have a decent team without having to add Parise, Wheeler, or Kane. (Lets face it, these guys aren't even remotely interested in playing for Vancouver.) I love Higgins, he's been the go to guy for alot of the Canucks goals last season and he's really coming into his own. Kesler is the venerable player now, a veteran who can give the rookies advice on how to play with style and dignity, and well Booth isn't too bad, though I wish he would keep his personal views to himself. (Ok, you are a born again Christian, we get it........) I do believe the team needs a little bit of a shake up and I think getting rid of Luongo is a good first step. (Its obvious he doesn't want to play here anymore, even he is pleading to be let go of his contract.) I think we have a solid team and I would love to see the Americans stay where they are.

P.S. Not bashing Christians, but Mr Booth, said some things to my son and I that weren't very professional after a game in February, because of our faith. (Our family is Jewish)

I think Booth is expendable. He didn't find much chemistry with Kesler on the second line. I could suggest dropping him to the third line but Higgins is such a steady performer in that spot. His only saving grace could be Kesler's off season surgery. He's supposed to be out till at least November. I can totally see Jensen on the right side of that line, they'll need a veteran scorer on the other side. The problem is gonna be a fill in at center until Kesler returns. But, in the end , I still see him as trade bait. Next years free agent pool is much deeper and more options will be available. Returns from a Luongo deal may determine his status as well.

Honestly, I think we have a decent team without having to add Parise, Wheeler, or Kane. (Lets face it, these guys aren't even remotely interested in playing for Vancouver.) I love Higgins, he's been the go to guy for alot of the Canucks goals last season and he's really coming into his own. Kesler is the venerable player now, a veteran who can give the rookies advice on how to play with style and dignity, and well Booth isn't too bad, though I wish he would keep his personal views to himself. (Ok, you are a born again Christian, we get it........) I do believe the team needs a little bit of a shake up and I think getting rid of Luongo is a good first step. (Its obvious he doesn't want to play here anymore, even he is pleading to be let go of his contract.) I think we have a solid team and I would love to see the Americans stay where they are.

P.S. Not bashing Christians, but Mr Booth, said some things to my son and I that weren't very professional after a game in February, because of our faith. (Our family is Jewish)

At some point they have to actually take a risk and get an established player... Else they won't win the cup.

Mg strat to get players: free agency but dont overpay, or trade for players with potential but who are not playing well so u can get them cheap. Don't give away young players if possible. Great if u can get free agents to take beneath market value, but really not many players will do that.

Best scenario: use the cap space saved so far and use it to actually bid and get a player like Parise or Semin or someone to play with Kesler. It is called taking a risk to make a push and win a cup.

Even Detroit did it when they could with Hossa.

So forget the Amex line we need to do something NOW while we are in the window

The line looks great on paper, but on the ice it is average at best. Both Booth and Kes don't really share the puck that much, so right there you have a problem. Booth and Higgy have great attitudes and Kes not so much(ego is huge). Before this line can do any damage to other teams Kes needs to flush out his head gear and get with the program!

Until he does that that line will remain average. I would give Schroeder a shot with Booth and Higgy, he is small but shifty, he pass well, and he has a good shot, reminds me of St.Louis in TB. Put Kes with Raymond and Kassian on the third line.

I think MG will give Jensen a shot and see if he can be that playmaker...if so, Jensen stays on the 2nd and plays a key part, and if he doesn't prove he can do it by trade deadline, some moves will be made, or it might just happen this offseason.

If it doesn't work in FA, no praise no semin, etc...

Then make a trade. Give up some d-men aka elder as a main piece, get a real threat to play with kes, that will straighten him out and get him out of his own head space.

Then on D give the kids a chance! Lots of articles written about how we have potentially great young players but who never get a chance. Ship out Edler and Ballard if u can, and give them a shot.

That's just one way to take a risk, lots of other ways make sense too....

Point is u can't play safe forever!!!! When the Sedins are 35-36 and are scoring 50 points each, we will look back on the fools who like the Amex line!!!!! Muahahaha... Sorry couldn't resist

If u want praise, over pay him. Give him 7-8 mil.

Weber? Same.

We have used the space created by all these great deals by sedins, kes, burtows, bieksa, and more.... on project players who are just that - projects... And they will always be - as the rhcp said: if u have to ask, you'll never know.

Dump the projects and use that space to land some top players!!!!!! It isn't hard to understand!!!! How do u dump them? There is a sucker gm somewhere, bet on it!!!

A healthy Kesler is good for 35-40 goals if he spends more time with the Sedins for an entire season. Booth is not good for 30. Period. Heck, Higgins will score that before Booth ever does. And I don't see Higgins doing 30 at all in his career.

Why does everyone write Booth off?? I dont get it. He got 16 goals in 56 games with the canucks, a pace of around 23 or 24 over a full year. That also takes into account him not doing so well while adjusting when he got here, as well as taking a bit of time getting his legs under him after his injury. I see no reason why he can't get 30 goals. Not saying he will, but you are clearly underrating him

Why does everyone write Booth off?? I dont get it. He got 16 goals in 56 games with the canucks, a pace of around 23 or 24 over a full year. That also takes into account him not doing so well while adjusting when he got here, as well as taking a bit of time getting his legs under him after his injury. I see no reason why he can't get 30 goals. Not saying he will, but you are clearly underrating him

Archived