The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Vancouver + Philly + Toronto

Very good deal, like someone said before if we could possibly get Voracek then even better.

Van: JVR, Voracek, 3rd Round Pick (Phi)

Tor: Luongo, Alberts, 4th Round Pick (Van)

Phi: Schenn, 2nd Round Pick (Tor), 2nd Round Pick (Van), Raymond

Maybe a deal like this could work?

best proposal in awhile, so simple it makes sense

:picard: some of the trash on here is insane.......

ur right it makes sense for every one involved

canucks -young top 6 power forward--- kassian- kesler- Jvr in a couple of years would look sick

flyers- get both schenn brothers and a replacement for Kubina, Carle and maybe Pronger

leafs- get one of the top 7 goalies in the NHL

but i still think Luongo has more value then just JVR, not by much though, so Id like the canucks to get a late pick or a decent prospect added to the deal

Depending on how the draft goes for TO I can see this happening, even though BB "haas no interest in Louie", whatever. MG seems to pick up players underperforming with their previous clubs (Booth, Erhoff, etc) so JVR is plausable. PHI showed that with their kids they may not need JVR as much as someone who plays better than Kubina. It may take some draft swapping or sallary dumps from either team, but I like it.

It does look like a good trade, however, I would still like the Canucks to fill the rather large hole on defense. Perhaps this could be done via free agency, but I'd prefer the surer bet of picking up a guy in a trade (likely of Luongo).

The Canucks do have a couple of guys in the pipeline (Kassian, Jensen) who look like they could be here in a year (Kassian) or two (Jensen), so my concerns regarding the acquisition of a winger are not as great as those of getting a top-2 d-man.

regards,

G.

Good proposal that makes sense for all teams. It was commented that Philly would never do this but with the breakouts of Giroux, and Hartnell's year, along with Voracek, Simmonds, and others they can probably afford to lose JVR. And Philly would love the idea of Schenn. They love big meat head goons and while Schenn is not that yet he could definitely be molded into that.

Yes an excellent offer OP, well done!

Gollumpus, you have a definite point. But we still have a bit of extra cap space plus three left D (Hamhuis, Ballard, Edler) plus Raymond potentially to trade. Presumably one of Kassian, Jensen or Booth could be traded as well. But none currently resolve our needs as well as JVR. So amongst all that I could see us solving D in a separate transaction. Guys like Souray, Hannan are on the UFA market who could tide us over, or Matt Carle, Garrison, Schultz who could help quite a bit in some combination...?

Bird in hand!

It does look like a good trade, however, I would still like the Canucks to fill the rather large hole on defense. Perhaps this could be done via free agency, but I'd prefer the surer bet of picking up a guy in a trade (likely of Luongo).

The Canucks do have a couple of guys in the pipeline (Kassian, Jensen) who look like they could be here in a year (Kassian) or two (Jensen), so my concerns regarding the acquisition of a winger are not as great as those of getting a top-2 d-man.

regards,

G.

pretty good looking roster

BUT I hope we don't loose Luongo, I always have had faith in Lu, hes an elite goalie, Schneider still isn't a proven NHL starter. I'd rather have Luongo and Lack :unsure:

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / David Booth ($4.250m)

James Van Riemsdyk ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Jordan Schroeder ($1.025m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Nicklas Jensen ($0.894m)

DEFENSEMEN

Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Sami Salo ($2.000m) / Alexander Edler ($3.250m)

Marc-Andre Gragnani ($1.000m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($3.250m)

Eddie Lack ($1.100m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $57,839,167; BONUSES: $125,000

CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $6,460,833

or

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / David Booth ($4.250m)

James Van Riemsdyk ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Jordan Schroeder ($1.025m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Byron Bitz ($0.700m) / Samuel Pahlsson ($1.550m) / Nicklas Jensen ($0.894m)

DEFENSEMEN

Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Sami Salo ($2.000m) / Alexander Edler ($3.250m)

Jason Garrison ($3.875m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

Justin Schultz ($1.250m) / Aaron Rome ($1.150m)

Marc-Andre Gragnani ($1.000m) /

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($3.250m)

Eddie Lack ($1.000m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $66,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,264,167; BONUSES: $125,000

CAP SPACE (26-man roster): $35,833

jvr has yet to hit his potential so i think philly is gonna want a lot for him.....not bad though

only thing is try to avoid 3-way trades because they are rare in themselves...let alone a blockbuster

if you simplify

at the draft....

to tor: jvr

to phi: schenn, franson, 2nd pick 2013

grossman-coburn

timonen-schenn

meszaros-franson

thats a nice top 6D

Pretty good trade, maybe we can pull off something similar for Pacioretty or Clowe?

To Van

Clowe

5th

To San Jose

Schenn

2nd

Mason Raymond's rights

To Toronto

Luongo

To Van

Pacioretty

To MTL